Creator's Block 3: Calling All Authors!

Beebers

Reaction score
Count, have you considered bugs?

Bugs are an infinite world and lend themselves to mutation in your mind, thus becoming originals. They'd be highly tactile if you wanted them to be - they'd lend themselves handily to raised stitched renderings on caps, badges, and as little symbols on shirts and jackets. Plus as raised images on coffee cups, plates, candles - jeezlouise - you could start an entire dishware/housewares line. Forget Martha Stewart, here comes The Count. Seriously. Kids and goofy adults such as myself would line your coffers.

You could have a couple of bug families set up as a hierarchy or somewhat tribal structure, thus your numbering of the characters. Boss Bug. Big Bug. Big Boss Bug. He could be Number One, a legend in his own buggy mind. Something like that. Bug sons, bug cousins, bug nieces and nephews follow in the line of succession. Royal bugs. King and Queen Bug. Making their appearances in their Royal Buggy. Rival bug families? O, the possibilities are endless. omg, think of the merch. line you could do. The mind boggles. Buggles. As it were.

There's a commercial name for them right there, Buggles.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Beebers?!? Beebers!!!

*Runs to hug one of the oldest friends from MC.
Thank you soo much for stopping in. You raised some very good points... But the bug angle's been done from ANTZ to the new show on Kids WB, Spider Riders.

Was thinking more along the lines of little ladylike bats. And as far as the "Royals" suggestion... There's a group of five I've been a-wantin' to do, sort of the Royal Flush group as referenced on an episode of The New Munsters.
But I rully do thank you for your suggestions... Kinda breathes new life into the realm of this undead counter.

Gonna work on a few that I basically scratched off. Talk to you guys in a little while.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um... Quick question.
When it comes to the lady bats I'm working on...

Should their skin tone be:
Gray-beige, a bit normal and spooky at the same time.
Normal beige, as regular humanoids.
Softened brown-beige, seen as normal bat and human toned at the same time.
Hope to hear from you soon, since this'd be one of the main descript factors in assembling the lineup. Thanks.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
My vote goes to the brown-beige angle. Seems rully cool and different. I like it.

christyb

Reaction score
I vote brown-beige too. My second would be grey-beige.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I also like the brown-beige angle because I think that it is something in between the other two. So that's my vote!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good... Got to change the one I already got finished, and move on to #2.

So I have something to work on... For #3...
Which would be better:
Ballroom Bat, inspired by one of my namesake's songs, cause after all it's 3 steps to a waltz.
MerBat, either a bat-winged maid or a full-fledged damsel of the deep seas.
Thanks for the feedback guys, will check back later.

Katzi428

Reaction score
A Ballroom Bat sounds pretty.However I had liked your seashell idea.Argh...I'm just confused!:rolleyes:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I think Ballroom Bat works, especially when you consider that 3 does go with the Batty Bat waltz song.