Creator's Block 3: Calling All Authors!

christyb

Reaction score
Okay, they should remain humanesque I think. That and give them wardrobes. It'd make them a little more unique. As far as the wings and tails go I'm not sure. I think it's mainly whatever look you're going for.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Lemme explain a little.

Humanesque: Either mostly humanlike or humanesque batlike.
a. Humanlike:
Womanly appearance.
Womanly face, either human eyes or ball-shaped eyes.
Nose, ears, mouth, chests, arms and legs.
Bat Wings.
Appropriate wardrobe.
Number hanging from chained necklace.
b. Humanesque Batlike.
Mostly the same, except that they'd have the ball-shaped eyes, wings, clawed feet, and tails.

Numbered Being.
The marbled number would serve as the head.
Bat-ear headpiece/cap, along with appropriate headwear like jester's hat or top hat.
Eyes and fanged lipstick mouths on the number itself.
Bat wings maybe.
Chests, arms, legs all below the number itself.
Appropriate wardrobe, at least the main element like ballgown for the ballroom dancer as an example.

These are the two routes I'm pondering about. Hope this clears up some confusion, again thanks for whatever opinions you guys might have.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Sorry Ed, I had to think about it. I really like both ideas alot. I think though it may be easier (?) to keep them humanesque? I can picture how they'd turn out a little better myself, so that is my reasoning for it. I hope that helps a little!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yeah Ed, the humanesque is easier to picture in my mind I think. So I'd go with that.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... They'd all be humanesque... Just that one route would have them fully humanlike with human or bat heads, while the other would have the numbers as the heads.

Imagine the old cartoons from Sesame Street: Super 2 and Jive 5 for example. That sort of thing, except that they'd have a womanly body, of simplified design, beneath the number head.
Will wait for some more feedback before deciding though. Guess I'm trying to convince myself of sticking with something. Thanks for helping, rully do appreciate it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Bumping this up cause I'm a bit indecisive again.
There are a few things bouncing about in my head, the problem is I can't seem to cohesively put it together to the point that I'm satisfied. Guess the real problem is that I kinda lack the focused drive.
Here's an example of both possible routes...
#995, centered around the disembodied Crawling Hand.
A. Humanesque...
Would be the hand itself, brought to life, with a bit of the upper wrist as well...
Tucked into a ladylike evening glove with the number 995 threaded by a chain around the glove's top opening or closer to the wrist.
Of Course, I could make it a ghostly batwoman or normal woman with the hand connected to her being though still disembodied...

B. Numbered Being.
Think of the 995 as the head, like the ones from my recent story.
She'd have the human body below the number, dressed with sleeveless vest, skirt and slipperlike shoes.
She'd have the hand connected to her being, though it'd still be disembodied.

On the one hand, the numbered beings would relieve me of the problem of the male master monsters... Since I can just design around those monsters' attributes.
But on the other hand... Would I prefer to have them this way instead of full human characters?

Decisions, decisions... Hope to hear from my friends here on the forum soon.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Actually, I kind of like your description of how it would be in humanesque form, it sounds really interesting how it would change into the glove and all that stuff, I think that sounds really cool.

But if you're leaning toward the numbered being because it's easier, then that is what you should do.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... At this point, I'm not sure what to do. Will probably go back to 1 and start over again... If I can think of how to start it... And maybe it'll coalesce into something simpler that I can work some magic on.

Thanks for coming in Beth... *Quick hug.