Creator's Block 3: Calling All Authors!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... So I've been blunt about it before. And I keep tumbling over my own indecision.

So this time, I'm deciding to do it fright. Asking for my friends and fellow MC authors to help/contribute.

Bryan, Christy, Kathy, Beth, Ryan, Kyle, D'Snowth... If you see this, please contact me to get the ball rolling.
If Sara and Lisa see this whenever they get back and want in, they can certainly do so.

Want to create a world of my own countable collectible critters, but cause I keep warffling and wembling, I'm putting the call to my MC friends. Hope to hear from some of you soon.
That is all, for now.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I'll be happy to help you in anyway that I can Ed, what would you like me to do?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Beth... Told Ryan, will let you know here and anybody else for that matter.

1 Looking to see how many of those I called answer. If noone, then I'll deal with it on my own. If people do answer, and we have two who have so far, I'd wait a little to see who else joins and then set up some sort of E-mail or posting round table meets.
2 Cause I like to create characters for a world of my own invention... Problem is, can't or rather don't draw as much as I used to owing to me eyes. The mind racks up a pile of characters in an instant's notice... And when it comes time to express them with all the details I want for an individual character's bio-file... Have to write it down and I eventually get either insatisfied or deflated.
3 Want to brainstorm with my forum friends... Hoping they'll help with the storyline big enough for an unlimited number of characters growth/expansion and developing each individual member of the crew. As we progress, I'd also get an artist/drawer to help out with renderings of each character.
4 The world I want should be big enough to accomodate or grow so as that more characters can keep getting added. Want it to sort of be like the legend behind the Haunted Mansion, where 999 ghostly souls roam... Though each one should be distinctively different. For example, one's a bit vain and carries a looking glass; another's into trains and looks like a locomotive; another's kind of trapped inside a seashell; etc. Would like to have a countable collectible collection of characters, each marked with their own number whether represented as a marble sculpted number hanging around their necks by means of silver chained necklaces or in high relief on individual bat badges. Because this'd be a world I would want, I'm leaning towards making as many of them as possible female. There'd be room for some male characters too... But if the majority, if not all, can be female then that'd be what I'd be aiming for.

Course, this is a bit ambitious and it's open for discussion with all those who answer the call, forming the round table meets. If it gets no response, then I'll deal with it in my own way.
Thought you deserved some back story so you'd know... Awaiting to see if others do indeed answer before starting up talks with you and Ryan.
Thanks again for popping in Beth. *Huggs to you.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Sounds great Ed! I think it will be fun and I'm happy to help you!

christyb

Reaction score
After much digging....I found my still ringing phone.....:smile: Anyways, I'm here. I hope I can be much better help this time around. Last time I just kinda popped in then got extremely busy. I'm sorry about that. This time I'm here as much as I can be though. So if ya are...wait you are still calling :smile:. I'm here.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
But Christy... You were of some help last time. And I thank you for stopping by and wanting to be part of this.

Ryan's got a copy more or less of the plans... So, starting off...
What I kinda want is a total world of characters that'd make up a sort of countable collectible clan. Like I said, they'd have an individual number, either as a necklace charm or in high relief on bat badges. Really, that'd be so *if* these were made, a person like myself could grab one and know which one it would be simply by feeling around for the number they'd each have.

So... What sort of everyday item should we have associated with #1? Hope to hear your ideas, if you have any... If not, then I guess I'll tackle this on my own time.
Thanks to all who've offered to help so far.

christyb

Reaction score
Hmmm...It's not the greatest to answer a question with a question. However, seeing as these are ultimately your creations. (Trust me I'll stop talking in fragments in a minute) My question is. Do you want the item to just be any ol' neat item or would you rather we all pool our thoughts together and come up with something more on the symbolic side? You know something to match that character. Also, do you know what number one is? I'm meaning what the character is like.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not really... Sorry I can't answer any better than that Sis. It keeps bugging me that I'm in this rut. If only...

Couple of thoughts... Rully hooked into the Lilo and Stitch series, what with their numbered experiments/cousins that have a bit of a quirk and are all in different parts of Hawaii. Also been looking through pin collections on eBay as I said. Kinda wanted to do something similar, where each ghoul's sort of quirky yet fits the Transylvanian batmosphere.
The other thing, and I'm thinking about this one... Just have the numbers as animated little beings with a change of clothing or their item pinned to them. Example: 113 being the jynx of the team, having a downwards-facing horseshoe emblem on her forehead or something like that.

If that helps, then maybe we could start brainstorming... If not, then I'll see what my own crackpot cranium conjures up.
Talk to you guys soon.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Well....I've done some thinking.I'm doing my best to come up with an idea,but no luck.
However...the seashell idea you mentioned does sound interesting,Ed.

BEAR

Reaction score
I'm here! I'm here! I'm here!! Sorry, let me catch up and then I'll try and help.