Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter dead at 46

Teheheman

Reaction score
When I first heard this story, I thought "What was he doing going near a stingray anyways? Also, what did he think was going to happen when you tick a stingray off?" But hearing more of this story, it looks like the many times that he's cheated death have finally come back to bite him like so many crocs in the outback. So, I bid a final "Crikey" and a goodbye to our Aussie friend, may our paths finally meet in that big croc pond in the sky.

Daniel

Kiki

Reaction score
Yeah, well, Steve is a pretty game guy. Y'know the way he wrestles crocs and stuff, but that's why we love him. :smile: :big_grin:

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
This is sad but not really suprising. But he lived his life on the edge of death like that a lot. Some people, thats the only way they know how to do anything in life is extreme. When I heard this, the first thing that came to mind was him in IAVMMC. RIP

KCJ506

Reaction score
According to a news report, they got his death on film, and the police have it. I just hope that someone stupid doesn't get a hold of it and puts it on the internet so it becomes something funny to view to people.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what the real sad thing about this is? Now that he's dead, he'll be even more famous and popular.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I think you're right. I think that it happens to a lot of people. Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Mitch Hedberg, Buddy Holly, etc. have all died young and have become more famous and popular in death than in life. But unfortunatly, I think that some idiot will get a hold of it and in about a week or 2 it WILL be on the internet, then you'll see a story on how Irwin's family is trying to get it pulled from the net. But this time, unlike other times before, this will be justifiable.

Daniel

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Actually, the first thing I thought of when I heard about his death is, "who's got the videotape?" Because most likely they were filming for a show, right? He wouldn't go do those things in his spare time without a crew around or anything. And I doubt his family would want that going around.

This really saddened me. I saw the Crocodile Hunter movie years ago with some friends. I always thought he was really cool and crazy for doing all that stuff. It's amazing he lived as long as he did because of the danger. I just hope his family will get through okay.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Personally, as far as the issue of his own wisdom in doing this goes, I agree with Beau and the others who say that he knew the risks of everything he did, and loved the dangerous and exciting life he lived with a passion. It should also not be forgotten why he did this. As well as entertain, his goal was to educate and preserve wildlife. He took pride and believed in what he did, and his life is an inspiration. I even go so far as to compare him to Jim Henson in that way.
:attitude: I don't think he would do anything differently if he could.
Oh, I have many more things I could say, but right now I'll just get down to the main concern.
It is probably too soon to say, but what will become of Austrailia Zoo, and all of the fine work he has built up? Will his legacy be continued, and by who? His children are too young... BTW, thank you Kendra, I was wondering how old they were.

On a somewhat lighter note, I was thinking about VMC myself a while ago. That wasn't really him, was it?

Kiki

Reaction score
Yeah, and alot of people took the bloke for granted... until now. :cry: It's a real shock- so young! He was a real good guy, I thought. He loved his wildlife and bought land for animals. :sympathy:
True blue aussie, he was.
He's actually pretty entertaining. I live in melbourne, Australia and after chrissie I decided to go 'up north' to see him at the zoo. Pretty cool!
Great fella.
Rest in peace.
Mate.

puppetise

Reaction score
when i heard i just left work and a guy just told me at the bustop i had bloodshot eyes all the way home i got home and watched the news and my thoughts went strait to his wife and kids we have lost a great man and role model and i hope his kids dont find out through the media