What was the last DVD you bought and why?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
How many of the Disney collection do you have?
So far I have:

Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs (I got the Diamond Edition, thinking it was a 2-disc DVD with a Blu-Ray copy, not the other way around )

The Jungle Book

The Great Mouse Detective

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Hercules

The Emperor's New Groove

The Princess and the Frog (Boys not liking a movie because it has the word 'princess' in the title, please! :rolleyes:)

Seven so far. :smile:

i found Dog city at my best buy for $9
Don't rub it in! :grouchy:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I have more Disney movie DVDs than you Zeppo, not that it's a competition or anything. Just saying if it was, I would be winning, :wink:, just messing.

Anyhoo, since the last time I've posted I've got...

Mogan Spurlock presents Confessions of a Superhero- A really interesting documentary about three men and one woman who go out panhandling for money dressed up as superheros (Superman, Batman, the Hulk and Wonder Woman) on the Hollywood Blvd. I'm not sure what, but it interests me that people dress in (usually) god awful costumes hoping to make some extra money or be discovered as an actor. I recommend this movie. On another interest note, since as I mention, I'm a HUGE fan of My Name is Earl, the woman that dresses up as Wonder Woman did appear in an episode of My Name is Earl, so I can't help but wonder...do I have all of her "mainstream" work on DVD? She's a VERY good looking sexy woman I might add.

Family Guy: Volume 1: Seasons 1 and 2- Truthfully, because it was only four bucks, :smile:. This might sound silly to some, but I promised myself if I ever found a cartoon DVD box set for really cheap, I'd pick it up, and I did. What can I said I couldn't pass up a deal like that. I use to be a MUCH bigger fan of Family guy than I am now truthfully and I don't want to get into a rant on why.

and of course (and not to "rub it in" Zeppo)...

Jim Henson's Dog City-For the same reason I'm even a member of this fourm, I'm a huge fan of the work of Jim Henson. Still amazed, Rowlf the Dog :sympathy: is featured on this DVD, considering Kermit being adsent from the releases of Emmet Otter and Christmas Toy. I have to ask, when it comes to home video releases has their ever been a better time to be a Muppet fan than now? I don't think so.

Erine81981

Reaction score
No, they ended the series with a cliffhanger, of Earl turing out to be the actual father of Joy's (played in a wonderfully by the white hott Jamie Pressly) first born son Dodge, and "Crabman" probably not being the real father of Earl Jr. The reason it had the "to be conutine" tag at the end is because the producers of the show was banking on the show being picked up by another network, which sadly didn't happen. It would be nice if at least one more episode was made to give a better "ending" to the show, but sadly that doesn't seem to be.

Jason Lee busy with a fairly successful movie carrer especially with the huge success of play Dave on the highly successful Alvin and the Chipmunk flims and is also doing a new show on TNT called Memphis Beat, so another an "ending episode" and another season seems pretty unlikely.

Though in my opinion, I enjoy when a show goes out while still being a really good show, like the Muppet show, Fraggle Rock, Everybody Loves Raymond, and My Name is Earl are shows that I put into that group of great shows that could of pretty have an even longer runner. I really don't like it when shows seem to have stay on the air longer than they should of, which makes it hard for me to enjoy even the early epsidoes when the show was really good, examples for me include "That 70's Show" and "the Drew Carey Show." That's just my opinion.
Ok thanks for clearing that up for me. I've only watch several episodes and only read something about it ending with a To Be Conutine. So i thought i might not want to watch unless i'll get to find out what would happen but the episodes i have watched i really do enjoy it. I would have to agree with those other shows you mentioned about being they started off good then kinda went down hill. I like Drew Carey and enjoyed the show when it first aired and then watched it again when i can't think of the channels name but it was ok then too but i wished they would just do the rest of the DVDs which i know they won't because it doesn't have that much of a cult fallowing.

And to make a story short. The newest DVD i've bought is "Saturday Morning Cartoons: Vol. 1." It's pretty cool. It has the Flinstone Kids on there too. But good get if anyone enjoyed any of the Hanna Barbera or WB cartoons.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I have more Disney movie DVDs than you Zeppo, not that it's a competition or anything. Just saying if it was, I would be winning, :wink:, just messing.
I'm gonna be collecting the Diamond Editions as they come out, since it seems that most of the ones I like are currently in the 'Vault' (hate it).
JJ&Janice826935 said:
and of course (and not to "rub it in" Zeppo)...

Jim Henson's Dog City
You have rubbed my the wrong way! I shall now have to resort to (dun-dun, dun, dun) SENSELESS VIOLENCE! I shall personally make sure that you will be stuffed into a phone booth full of pelicans!

Just kidding, I did manage to find a copy at Meijer for only $10. Which is a really good thing, because the shelf label at Best Buy said it cost $15 there.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
And to make a story short. The newest DVD i've bought is "Saturday Morning Cartoons: Vol. 1." It's pretty cool. It has the Flinstone Kids on there too. But good get if anyone enjoyed any of the Hanna Barbera or WB cartoons.
No problem on clearing up My Name is Earl for ya.

I saw the 1960s and 1980s volume sets of Saturday Morning Cartoons at one of my usual used DVD shops. It looks really interesting, I'll probably pick them up some time.

Just kidding, I did manage to find a copy at Meijer for only $10. Which is a really good thing, because the shelf label at Best Buy said it cost $15 there.
$15 bucks would of been a bit much for that DVD IMHO. Especially since the bonus features are pretty slim. Ten bucks is how much I paid for my copy as well, which seems fair enough. Still, like I said in my last post, it's a good time to be a Muppet fan when it comes to DVD releases. I can't wait for those upcoming Henson related titles.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
$15 bucks would of been a bit much for that DVD IMHO. Especially since the bonus features are pretty slim. Ten bucks is how much I paid for my copy as well, which seems fair enough. Still, like I said in my last post, it's a good time to be a Muppet fan when it comes to DVD releases. I can't wait for those upcoming Henson related titles.
That's the only thing that stopped my from getting Song of the Cloud Forest, too.

Best Buy my floppy left foot! :grouchy:

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
My last dvd purchase was "The Three Lives of Thomasina" with "The Changling" and "Sky High" (japanese movie).

I bought Thomasina because I loved the movie dearly as a child, and have been trying to collect all my favorite non-animated Disney movies (so far I've got Thomasina, The Cat From Outer Space, and Old Yeller/Savage Sam).

The Changling and Sky High I bought because I've been interested in seeing those two for a long time. I loved both, although Sky High was a bit of a head-scratcher at times (I later learned it's apparently a pilot for a tv show).

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Hey Erine81981, I went and picked up those copies I found at a fairly cheap price. I bought Saturday Morning Cartoons: 1980s and Saturday Morning Cartoons: 1960s volume 1. There's pretty good sets. For the 1980s set, I can't help but think in the back of head, that Muppet Babies would be such a good fit, :smile:. Still it's fun to get, especially when you consider that most of these cartoons wouldn't get a DVD set of their own, so it's nice that some get to see at least a little bit of "light of day" DVD release.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Hey Erine81981, I went and picked up those copies I found at a fairly cheap price. I bought Saturday Morning Cartoons: 1980s and Saturday Morning Cartoons: 1960s volume 1. There's pretty good sets. For the 1980s set, I can't help but think in the back of head, that Muppet Babies would be such a good fit, :smile:. Still it's fun to get, especially when you consider that most of these cartoons wouldn't get a DVD set of their own, so it's nice that some get to see at least a little bit of "light of day" DVD release.
That's what's cool! I'm glad that at least these shows are coming out on DVD even tho they aren't getting a season or volume release. I just hope the Flintstone Kids do. I wouldn't mind seeing Yo Yogi on DVD or at least on a volume 2 of the 80's.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I'm one happy Disney fan as today I went to a "second hand" DVD store and found Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Living Color-Volume one. It has the tin and everything. This was from the first series, I do believe, but man I couldn't be happier. It contains what many have said to be one of Disney's best, if not the best, cartoon short with "the Band Concert." With this set I know own, Volumes one and two of Mickey in Living Color and Mickey Mouse in Black and White: Volume two. Life is GOOD sometimes, :big_grin:. It's also my tenth one in the Treasures collection over all.