1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JJandJanice, Sep 10, 2006.

1. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Hello everyone,

It's kind of late and I'm bored and not really sleepy, so I thought I would post a new thread that's really interesting in another forum I'm a member of, so I thought it would be interesting here as well.

What was the last DVD you bought and why?

I'll give out the last two I bought...

On the 5th, I bought Fraggle Rock: The Complete second season, because Fraggle Rock rules, :) . I was so happy to buy it the day it came out as I had to wait awhile for the season one set. Haven't wacthed all the episodes yet, but loving what I've seen so far. My favorite episode so far, may have to be "Boober's Dream."

And just today I spent 40 bones on the three disc collector's edition of "The Wizard of Oz. It comes with a whole lot of stuff including five documentaries and a replica of the original movie ticket. I'm happy to buy that one as well.

What about all of you guys...
  2. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

The last DVD I baught was The Advantures Of Teddy Ruxpin beecause I have another friend whome I'm helping write fan fics with and I needed the DVD to remeber what the show was about lol. THan my dvd player stopped working so I went back to buying tapes again and I baught The Dark Crystal and the reason for buying that. Beceause I love Jim's work. This wil be the 3rd Drak Crystal I baught since it's Originial release.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The last time I bought a DVD, I bought two; and they were M*A*S*H seasons six and seven. I bought them because they are my two favorite seasons of the show, and I'm trying to collect seasons 1-7 for my DVD library; so I still need seasons 3-5 then I'll be satisfied.
  4. Andy

Andy New Member

Last night, I found what I presume is volume 1 of THE SOUPY SALES SHOW. I honestly don't know why it takes three DVDs as there are only 3 actual episodes on the discs, but that's petty quibbling. The shows are hilarious. I should mention that these are episodes from the 1970's. Also, you get old commercials between the segments on each ep, and one bonus scene on each disc. PARENTS BEWARE: Disc 2 has the stripper incident as a bonus clip-UNCENSORED. The other two bonus clips are OK, though. I hope I'll be able to find the three other volumes.
  5. superfan

superfan Active Member

Annie (for my daughter)

And for myself, I'm going for Little Britain and The Dave Chapelle Show (Season2)...when I get the $$$
  6. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Fraggle Rock: Season 2 which I am loving. :excited:
  7. JJandJanice

Man if my DVD player stop working, I would totally freak out, lol. I'm loving DVD's.

I've bought more than one of a Jim Henson movie as well. I have Dark Crystal on both VHS and that box set dvd, which I was about to get for only 20 bucks, Labyrinth on both VHS and two different DVD's, the reg DVD and the special edition box set, and The Muppet Movie on dvd (non 50 years of being green verison) and two vhs's. I went ahead and sold of them though.
  8. Giar Fraggle

Giar Fraggle Member

TaleSpin Volume One. Because I could.

(Or, to make a short story long, my mom and I stopped by Best Buy to see if they had Fraggle Rock Season Two, which they didn't, but I noticed that they had the box sets of my favorite Disney cartoons, so later in the day I mentioned it to her and said I had the money to buy one, so the next day we went and got it.)
  9. D'Snowth

While were on the subject of DVD's, what is the most expensive and least expensive DVD you've bought?

The most expensive DVD I bought was Rocky and Bullwinkle Season Three for $39.99; in my honest opinion it was rip-off as the episodes were edited, some of segments like Bullwinkle's Corner and Mr. Know-It-All were repeated from season 1, and the only bonus features they had worth checking out were the clips of the Bullwinkle puppet.

The least expensive DVD I bought was Ed, Edd n Eddy Volume 2 for like $something13.
  10. Kermiesgurrl

Kermiesgurrl New Member

Whow man, I buy so many DVD's. The Last two that I bought was The Mary Tyler Moore Show Season 1 and 4. I needed them to fill in my Mary Tyler Moore Show Collection. I had Seasons 2 and 3, but I needed the other 2 seasons. Now I have to wait for the other seasons to be released before I'll have the whole collection. LOL. Talk later.:) :o :concern:
  11. Fraggle Rock season 2. Cause its the fraggles. Enough said. :excited:
  12. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

I've bought several dvd's for $40.00 (39.99 actually, but same thing as $40 but sounds like more of a bargain to the customer!) like "The Honeymooners" classic 39 eps on five discs. The least expensive would be some older movies in a WalMart dicount dvd bin for about $6 (5.99 actually...)

The most recent dvd I bought AND received (Sesame Street Old School and Electric Company 2 are on pre-order) is "The Bill Cosby Show- the complete first season (1969)" because I love that show a great deal. I'm really looking forward to when season 2 of that show comes out because one of the episodes (from 1970 or 1971) focuses on Sesame Street.

Edit: Oooh I was double ziffeled by Kermiesgurrl and Muppetsfor life!
  13. JJandJanice

I've spent all kinds of big money on DVDs, some of the most money would probably be the 45 bones I've spent on the Playsoup puppet building dvd, follow by my last two dvd buys of The Wizard of Oz and the Fraggle Rock season two, as well as season one of FR, all three costing a cool 40 bucks, more or less.

As for the cheapest, probably the few dvds I got from the Wal-Mart discount bin, which are Kermit's Swamp Years, Muppets Take Manhattan, Airheads and I think a few more.

I also bought a dvd copy of "Sam and Friends" from a member of this forum called Kermieclown. And today I got in the mail a VHS of "Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue", that I got off Ebay. I'm so happy about that, :) .
  14. EasyBeinGreen

EasyBeinGreen New Member

Most recent purchase: Fraggle Rock Season 2 because it is necessity for any Jim Henson fanatic

Cheapest purchase: Wal Mart $5.50 movies... What About Bob and others

Most expensive: $70 for season 1 of American Dreams or $60 for season 3 of Smallville
  15. JJandJanice

I just bought "The Craft" for only $5.88 at Wal-Mart. I thought that movie was pretty cool.
  16. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Fraggle Rock Season two, because I love that show!
  17. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Just recently, I got the following DVDs for my birthday.

Animaniacs - One of the best cartoon series around.
    Hee Haw - I always loved that country variety series.
    The Tick - My sister always loved that series.
    Hoodwinked - A great animated movie that's funny and has original songs which you can't seem to find in today's animated films.

And I just placed an order to get The Osmonds cartoon series on DVD. I saw one episode on a video and I thought it was a totally cool cartoon from the past. :)
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The Last 4 disks I bought are, in order

ALF TALES- I still would have perfered the other ALF cartoon, but it was a joy to behold. The cartoon is so much more intense than the TV show. They cleverly infused Jack in the Beanstalk with several Hitchcock movies. ANd Rap-unzel had a classic tongue in cheek spoof of Ronald Regan.

A USed Yu Yu Hakusho disk- Just wanted to see it... pretty good. Love that character Kuwabara

TMNT volume 4- I love BOTH the new and old series (Fast Forward's a bit of a dodge, though), but this disk was packed to the brim with so many weak episodes... though there were highlights like "Cowabunga Shredhead," "Casey Jones:Outlaw Hero." and "Take me to your Leader."

Dragon Ball movie box set- I'm a huge fan of pre-Z Dragon Ball, and wanted to see the other 3 films (they made 4 altogether of Non-Z and GT films... one was on a cheap box set I got at Wal-Mart... edited, but 6 bucks). I really wanted it mainly because in "Mystical Adventure" (Maka Fushigi) Akira Toriyama's FIRST comic book character, Arale from Dr. Slump, had a breif cameo in it.
  19. D'Snowth

Hey, David Feiss did that show! (He's the guy who created Cow and Chicken and I am Weasel[/i])
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I think he worked more on the other ALF cartoon. I wish I coulda got that one instead, but I was in New Hampshire at the time (I'm from MA) and saw it at a local chain for 10 bucks, no tax. It's 15 bucks around here at Newburry Comics.