What was the last DVD you bought and why?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Yeah, but I think he worked more on the other ALF cartoon. I wish I coulda got that one instead, but I was in New Hampshire at the time (I'm from MA) and saw it at a local chain for 10 bucks, no tax. It's 15 bucks around here at Newburry Comics.
Are you sure? I know he worked on Alf Tales, but I never read anything about him working on another Alf cartoon... I'll have to look it up.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Since the last time I've been on this thread, I've bought three new DVD's, adding more to my already pretty big DVD collection. There are....

Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles Vol. 2: The 80's cartoon. I bought it because I'm a pretty big Ninja Turtles fan, I've loved this cartoon since I was a kid.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show/ Shock Treatment three disc set: Rocky Horror is one of my favorite movies that been missing in my DVD collection for way too long. I never got to get the 2 disc 25 years set, so when I saw the very same two DVD's here along with Shock Treatment, I just had to get it. I'm so happy about it, I love that movie.

Team America: World Poice (Unrated): Because this movie is funny. Plus it's also done with puppets, which is one of my biggest loves. I got it just today.

robinthefrog

Reaction score
The most recent dvds I bought where today. A 3-pack of 'Muppets Take Manhatten'/'Muppets From Space'/'Kermits Swamp Years'. I bought it because I didnt have those 3 movies on dvd and when I saw it in the shops I couldnt resist. I also bought 'Muppets Wizard of Oz' on too.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I bought Rent about a week and a half ago but I still haven't watched it yet.

superfan

Reaction score
DanDanStrawberry said:
I bought Rent about a week and a half ago but I still haven't watched it yet.
What are you waiting for!!!??
(No Day but Today!)

And if you got the one with the second disc w/ special features, you simply must check out the documentary/biography on Jonothan Larson!

rexcrk

Reaction score
I bought the Limited Edition of Star Wars (the original one) because even though I've had the 2004 editions that came in the box set since 2004 I couldn't pass up the opportunity to own the un-altered version on DVD. I heard people complain about picture quality and stuff but it's in widescreen and on disc so I'm perfectly happy with it. Plus you don't really notice a little grain in the picture when you're watching it on a 20+ year old TV :wink: :stick_out_tongue: .

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Just today I bought the Special edition of Dogma, because it's really funny and I enjoy Kevin Smith's work, well most of it (can't say too much for Jersey Girl,:smile: ).

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
The last DVD I bought was the DCOM T*Witches, off of Amazon. Still waiting for it to be delivered, though.

-Kim

BEAR

Reaction score
The last DVD I bought was "Sesame Street Celebrates Around the World" (or as it was originally titled, "Sesame Street Stays Up Late"). I bought this because I really enjoyed the special when I rented it about a year ago. It really has that good old Sesame Street heart to it and its wonderful to see Telly pretty much in the starring role this time. I just really loved it. A great way to spend the holiday season when it comes also.