1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JJandJanice, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Marky

Marky Member

JJ, I'm curious now about The World According...

What is in it that couldn't possibly be okay for kids (I haven't seen it or heard about it - just saw it in Toys R Us)?
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The last DVD I got was A Sesame Street Christmas Carol.
  3. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Well Marky, let me start off by stating that it's my own personal say that it's not a movie for kids to wacth, either way you look at the film, it was never made for kids. As I've already started, then back has a warning that reads "Adult subject matter" and "Not intended for children under 13."

The film deals with the impact Sesame Street (and other names of respected countries) has had around the world. Including the infamous, Kami, the HIV postive Muppet in South Africa and the horrid hatefulness that came from the US when hearing of this Muppet. It also deals with how in many courties children learn hate and even starting working at a very young age of five. Their is subject of war, disease, proverty (sorry for spelling), and more. It's a far more political movie than you would of guessed.

By if you're an adult Sesame Street lover (which I'm guessing you are since you're a member of this forum,:) ) than please, by all means, buy the DVD. I'm sure you'll found it just fascinating at best,;) :D .
  4. JJandJanice

Hey D'Snowth, how is that DVD? I saw it and I was thinking about buying it, myself.

Oh and the last DVD I bought (even though I went on my DVD spree.) was Frank Capra's "It's A Wonderful Life", because it's a classic heart-warming tale.
  5. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

We did turn out good, didn't we? :cool:

The last DVD I bought was Poltergeist.. I really enjoy that movie
  6. Marky

Marky Member

I got the Rankin Bass Christmas set!

Everything is great (except fot that terrible Lorne Michaels "Frosty Returns"). I love the original Rudolph, and The Little Drummer Boy is a real tear-jerker.
  7. JJandJanice

Oh man, I bought a ton of DVD's since the last time I've post on this thread, but I'll go ahead and list them...

"The Muppet Christmas Carol: 50 years of bein green edition" because everyone knows I love the Muppets, and it was the last Muppet movie DVD I been missing in my collection. Now I have them all and I'm totally happy.
    2) "Batman movie box set", I love Batman. So being able to have the four movies was something I couldn't pass up, agian. Even though it comes with the god-awful "Batman and Robin." Don't even get me started on that movie, :mad: .
    3) "South Park: Season two" because it's such a funny show. I think I might buy the whole season set sometime soon.
    4) "Dumb and Dumber: Unrated" because this movie is just so funny.
    5) Spongebob Squarepants: Season one. I hate Spongebob so much, :mad: . But my little brother loves it, so I bought it as a christmas gift for him.
    6) "The Devil wares Parada", as a gift for my mother, I'm not sure if she has ever seen this movie, but it looks like something she would like.
    7) "Dave Chappelle: Killing them softly", cause Dave is really funny and this DVD was on sale for only $5.99
    8)"Dave Chappelle: For What's it's Worth", same reason for "Killing Them", I both them both at the same time.
    9)Piraties of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest-because it was a good movie.
  8. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Picked up "Lady in the Water" today, but haven't watched it yet. We saw it in the theatre, and loved it!!! Really hoping for the Old School Sesame set for Christmas, and maybe Pirates 2 and MI:3.
    LOL, we bought that a couple months ago, and have only watched it once since!! But yeah, we enjoy it too.
    :)
    Anthony
  9. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

The last DVD I bought was the Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 4. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of SNL season 1 and Old School Sesame!
  10. Pork

Pork Active Member

Last DVD I bought was Shrek 2...and I bought it because I had a gift voucher to use and I liked the movie. And Puss in Boots makes me laugh.
  11. jediX

jediX Active Member

12. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Wow... you have Attack of the Killer Tomatoes... wow.
  13. jediX

jediX Active Member

You don't?
  14. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

15. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

16. Lucy

Lucy New Member

It was Moulin Rouge for my sister.
  17. JJandJanice

I got South Park Season 8 as a christmas gift.

Plus today I bought "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Vol one".
  18. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I bought season one of Will and Grace. Why? Because my mom loves that show and she hinted about it for Christmas.
  19. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

I bought Steel Magnolias and Robin Hood: Men in Tights as Christmas Presents
  20. PuppyLuver

PuppyLuver Member

Cars. It's officially one of my favorite non-Muppet movies, Guido the Italian forklift is my favorite. Pit stop! :D