What was the last DVD you bought and why?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
I have that Movie! It's an awsome movie!
Interesting thing about that movie.

Did you notice how in Space Jam they have Lola Bunny as Bugs' new gal pal, we'll say, however she was no where to be seen in Back in action. Bugs even makes the line "I don't need a female costar" or something along thoes lines. I found that very interesting.

I was reading an artice about Lola Bunny and it been said that the reason she was no where to be seen in the Back in action movie was because many Looney Tunes purists didn't take a liking to Lola on account of her seeming too snotty and didn't take any punishment (she was the only character in the Space Jam movie who didn't get beat up, even Tweety Bird took a few licks.). However she is still seen on Looney Tunes merichadise and that Baby Looney Tunes cartoon.

I don't know I found that interesting, :smile: :wink: :big_grin: .

Marky

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
I have that Movie! It's an awsome movie!
Are you an actor? Is your avatar your headshot?
(I say actor instead of actress b/c imo the word 'actor' is non-gender-specific)

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
JJandJanice said:
I was reading an artice about Lola Bunny and it been said that the reason she was no where to be seen in the Back in action movie was because many Looney Tunes purists didn't take a liking to Lola on account of her seeming too snotty and didn't take any punishment (she was the only character in the Space Jam movie who didn't get beat up, even Tweety Bird took a few licks.). However she is still seen on Looney Tunes merichadise and that Baby Looney Tunes cartoon.
Maybe the animators didnt think it was nice for a girl to get beat up :wink:

Actually, I didnt really like her much. Shes fine in baby loony tunes. *note to self: buy space jam...again*

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
Maybe the animators didnt think it was nice for a girl to get beat up :wink:

Actually, I didnt really like her much. Shes fine in baby loony tunes. *note to self: buy space jam...again*
Yeah Lola doesn't really represent "classic Looney Tunes", which is about needless to say.

I use to be huge on Space Jam way back in 1996, when it first came out. To be honset I look back at it and think "What was I thinking?" :smile:. No it's still a pretty enjoyable movie, but Micheal Jordan can't act his way out of a paper bag :sympathy: .

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
lol. Yeah, he ant really act. I used to have the movie but in the midst of our move about...99% of all my VHS tapes went missing.

Marky

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
lol. Yeah, he ant really act. I used to have the movie but in the midst of our move about...99% of all my VHS tapes went missing.
Anytime Hollywood pulls in a jock, you know what to expect.
Same goes for when an athelete hosts SNL (not that I've watched it since Will Ferrel left).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Marky said:
Are you an actor? Is your avatar your headshot?
(I say actor instead of actress b/c imo the word 'actor' is non-gender-specific)
Funny Stuff!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
JJandJanice said:
Interesting thing about that movie.

Did you notice how in Space Jam they have Lola Bunny as Bugs' new gal pal, we'll say, however she was no where to be seen in Back in action. Bugs even makes the line "I don't need a female costar" or something along thoes lines. I found that very interesting.

I don't know I found that interesting, :smile: :wink: :big_grin: .
Well, who need's her anyway?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Well, who need's her anyway?
Well, I won't disagree with you on that, :smile: .

Another kind of interesting thing about that too was that even before Lola Bunny, Bugs already had a girlfriend named Honey, although she was mostly seen in merchadise such as kids books and such.

Like I said I found that to be interesting, maybe not everyone esle, :wink: .

Marky

Reaction score
I know the next DVD I'm buying... the Superman II: Richard Donner Cut!!!

This is no mere re-edit - it's practically a whole new movie!!!

:cool: