What was the last DVD you bought and why?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Last night I bought "Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas" on DVD at this store called "Entertainmart".

Also what I found there was an old "Playhouse video" of the Muppets called "The Kermit and Piggy Story", with the original case, although the case wasn't in great shape, the video itself was better than I thought it would be, which was awesome. Not bad, and it was only 99 cents, :big_grin: :excited: .

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
JJandJanice said:
Well, I won't disagree with you on that, :smile: .

Another kind of interesting thing about that too was that even before Lola Bunny, Bugs already had a girlfriend named Honey, although she was mostly seen in merchadise such as kids books and such.

Like I said I found that to be interesting, maybe not everyone esle, :wink: .
You mean that reminds you of Skeeter?

The thing about Lola to me is there's not enough thay can do with her to make her funny!

Marky

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
You mean that reminds you of Skeeter?

The thing about Lola to me is there's not enough thay can do with her to make her funny!
That's the problem with too many female characters. All too often they get the short end of the stick when it comes to creativity in pop culture. They get thrown in as an after-thought, or a just as token female character for demographics' sake.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I can agree with that. Just throw in a female for the sake of looking more PC and it's the 90's or what ever.

The muppets when through simileir things with the lack of female muppeteers and chacertres. Not saying that's the reason for any of the female muppeteers being there.

Marky

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
I can agree with that. Just throw in a female for the sake of looking more PC and it's the 90's or what ever.

The muppets when through simileir things with the lack of female muppeteers and chacertres. Not saying that's the reason for any of the female muppeteers being there.
Skeeter is a prime example. Throw in another girl. Make her, I dunno, Scooters' sister? That way, y'know her name is derivitave. Oh, and make her like sports. That'll win us some PC brownie point fer sure.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
You know I have to say, I'm a bit disappionted that no one said something like "Wow, nice find JJ on the Kermit and Piggy Story for only 99 cents, :smile: . Just kidding.

But anyhow, last night I brought "The World According to Sesame Street," which is an amazing documentary that was fun, smart and, who would of guessed, political.

But I was actually looking for "The Old School Set", I found it in only one place and it was 35 bucks, which I didn't have. So I went around a couple places, hoping that I'll find it cheaper. So I went to Target, they didn't have the "Old School set", but they did have this nice gem. It was only 15 bucks so I thought hey I heard this was really good, so I got it, and I'm glad I did.

But what brother me about buying this DVD is that Target put this DVD in the kids/family movie section. This is not a movie for kids, at all. There is even a disclamer stating that there is "adult subjent matter" and "not intended for children under 13," it just really brothers me that just because there are some Muppets on the cover, it should be put in the kids section. :rolleyes:

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
And that just because the Old School Set contains SS episodes from the 70's, it's aimed at adults and even has a disclaimer stating something like "these episodes do not reflect current educational practices", despite the fact that, c'mon, it's SESAME STREET. Kids are gonna love it whether it "reflects current educational practices" or not. (Besides, look how good WE turned out!)

Our society is so messed up. :boo:

Marky

Reaction score
JJandJanice said:
You know I have to say, I'm a bit disappionted that no one said something like "Wow, nice find JJ on the Kermit and Piggy Story for only 99 cents, :smile: . Just kidding.

But anyhow, last night I brought "The World According to Sesame Street," which is an amazing documentary that was fun, smart and, who would of guessed, political.

But I was actually looking for "The Old School Set", I found it in only one place and it was 35 bucks, which I didn't have. So I went around a couple places, hoping that I'll find it cheaper. So I went to Target, they didn't have the "Old School set", but they did have this nice gem. It was only 15 bucks so I thought hey I heard this was really good, so I got it, and I'm glad I did.

But what brother me about buying this DVD is that Target put this DVD in the kids/family movie section. This is not a movie for kids, at all. There is even a disclamer stating that there is "adult subjent matter" and "not intended for children under 13," it just really brothers me that just because there are some Muppets on the cover, it should be put in the kids section. :rolleyes:
Well come on, you open a crate, there's sesame characters on in... where else are ya gonna throw it???

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Giar Fraggle said:
And that just because the Old School Set contains SS episodes from the 70's, it's aimed at adults and even has a disclaimer stating something like "these episodes do not reflect current educational practices", despite the fact that, c'mon, it's SESAME STREET. Kids are gonna love it whether it "reflects current educational practices" or not. (Besides, look how good WE turned out!)

Our society is so messed up. :boo:
Yeah but the diffenece between "Old School" and "The World according to Sesame Street" is that the "Old School" set is more aimed at adults, true, but there is nothing really wrong with a children wacthing it. Where as "The World according to Sesame Street" does discuss adult stuff that kids should not be wacthing.

But last night I finally got my Old school set, however it was a little messed up, so just awhile ago I went ahead and traded in that messed one for another brand new one.

So the last DVD I bought was "Sesame Street: Old School, Vol. one."

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well since the last time I've posted on this thread, I've been on more of a DVD spree.

First off awhile ago, I bought "Muppet Treasure Island", because I love anything Muppets, as anyone will tell you, :smile: :wink: .

Than just today, since I got paid and wanted to treated myself, before I have to do more "important" things with my money, I bought...

1) Disney's Alice In Wonderland, because it's one of my personal favorite Disney films.
2) Saturday Night Live: The Best of Saturday morning TV Funhouse. Because I think it will be funny.
3) Tales from the Crypt: Season One, because I've always had a love for this show.
4) South Park: The Hits Volume One, just cause I do love South Park.