What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The last DVD I personally bought myself was the great muppet caper about 7 months ago...I have gotten some since, but mostly as gifts

Marky

Reaction score
I saw Muppets from Space and Manhattan both for 6.99 on DVD at WalMart. I don't have Manhattan at all, and I only have MFS on VHS.

My question to you fellow fans: are the bonus features any good on them? Is the commentary funny on MFS? I like MFS, and haven't even seen Manhattan since the 80s. Those two and Treasure Island are the only available major ones I'm missing.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
D'OH! *smacks forehead* the last movie I bought was Loony Toons Back in Action, not GMC...hehe :smile:

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Now, this is just an opinion, but I LOVE the MFS commentary. Dave's and Steve's performing chemistry and zany humor really shine through. In fact, every time I watch the movie I put the commentary on because it cracks me up.

So yes, it's very funny. :wink:

The MTM DVD also has some nice bonus features. The real highlight is an interview with Jim Henson about the making of the movie. :smile:

Marky

Reaction score
Giar Fraggle said:
Now, this is just an opinion, but I LOVE the MFS commentary. Dave's and Steve's performing chemistry and zany humor really shine through. In fact, every time I watch the movie I put the commentary on because it cracks me up.

So yes, it's very funny. :wink:

The MTM DVD also has some nice bonus features. The real highlight is an interview with Jim Henson about the making of the movie. :smile:
Thanks! I think I'll make the trip back and pick'em up!
Now... I remeber seeing MTM back in the day on video - but I don't remember much of it. I see a lot of people here saying that it's not that great.

Should I avoid it? Is is the weakest of the films?

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
It never really lived up to its predecessors, but I'd say it's worth having. There are some pretty funny parts, and stuff like the rats in the kitchen and the Muppets as babies are, in my opinion, too good to pass up. (And don't forget Rizzo's cinematic debut as more than a background character!)

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Marky said:
Thanks! I think I'll make the trip back and pick'em up!
Now... I remeber seeing MTM back in the day on video - but I don't remember much of it. I see a lot of people here saying that it's not that great.

Should I avoid it? Is is the weakest of the films?
I would say it's totally worth picking up, esp at such a cheap price.

I thought Manhattan, though not as good as Muppet Movie or GMC, is still better than a lot of stuff that Muppets have came out with in the past five or so years.

The only Muppet movies I'm missing from my DVD collection are MTI and MCC, which I plan on getting really soon.

Marky

Reaction score
JJandJanice said:
I would say it's totally worth picking up, esp at such a cheap price.

I thought Manhattan, though not as good as Muppet Movie or GMC, is still better than a lot of stuff that Muppets have came out with in the past five or so years.

The only Muppet movies I'm missing from my DVD collection are MTI and MCC, which I plan on getting really soon.
I think that quality of Muppet movies can easily be divided into 2 categories.
1) Jim Henson
2) post-Jim Henson

It's like comparing the original Star Wars trilogy to the prequels. Nothing compares or ever will compare to the originals, just as nothing Muppet can possibly compare with anything made before 1990. That said, I'm glad the SW prequels were made just as I'm glad there have been Muppet movies after JH's passing.

Of the post JH movies, I think that MCC is the best. Unfortunately, it's seasonal! lol! I mean I could pull it out on a nice May evening, but ehhh...!

But Janice, I think that MTM must be the "Return of the Jedi" of Muppet Movies! Not the best, but better than any post-Henson stuff!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
D'OH! *smacks forehead* the last movie I bought was Loony Toons Back in Action, not GMC...hehe :smile:
I have that Movie! It's an awsome movie!