1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JJandJanice, Sep 10, 2006.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Are you sure? I know he worked on Alf Tales, but I never read anything about him working on another Alf cartoon... I'll have to look it up.
  2. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Since the last time I've been on this thread, I've bought three new DVD's, adding more to my already pretty big DVD collection. There are....

Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles Vol. 2: The 80's cartoon. I bought it because I'm a pretty big Ninja Turtles fan, I've loved this cartoon since I was a kid.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show/ Shock Treatment three disc set: Rocky Horror is one of my favorite movies that been missing in my DVD collection for way too long. I never got to get the 2 disc 25 years set, so when I saw the very same two DVD's here along with Shock Treatment, I just had to get it. I'm so happy about it, I love that movie.

Team America: World Poice (Unrated): Because this movie is funny. Plus it's also done with puppets, which is one of my biggest loves. I got it just today.
  3. robinthefrog

robinthefrog New Member

The most recent dvds I bought where today. A 3-pack of 'Muppets Take Manhatten'/'Muppets From Space'/'Kermits Swamp Years'. I bought it because I didnt have those 3 movies on dvd and when I saw it in the shops I couldnt resist. I also bought 'Muppets Wizard of Oz' on too.
  4. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

I bought Rent about a week and a half ago but I still haven't watched it yet.
  5. superfan

superfan Active Member

What are you waiting for!!!??
    (No Day but Today!)

And if you got the one with the second disc w/ special features, you simply must check out the documentary/biography on Jonothan Larson!
  6. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I bought the Limited Edition of Star Wars (the original one) because even though I've had the 2004 editions that came in the box set since 2004 I couldn't pass up the opportunity to own the un-altered version on DVD. I heard people complain about picture quality and stuff but it's in widescreen and on disc so I'm perfectly happy with it. Plus you don't really notice a little grain in the picture when you're watching it on a 20+ year old TV ;) :p .
  7. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Fraggle Rock Season 2
  8. JJandJanice

Just today I bought the Special edition of Dogma, because it's really funny and I enjoy Kevin Smith's work, well most of it (can't say too much for Jersey Girl,:) ).
  9. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

The last DVD I bought was the DCOM T*Witches, off of Amazon. Still waiting for it to be delivered, though.

-Kim
  10. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

The last DVD I bought was "Sesame Street Celebrates Around the World" (or as it was originally titled, "Sesame Street Stays Up Late"). I bought this because I really enjoyed the special when I rented it about a year ago. It really has that good old Sesame Street heart to it and its wonderful to see Telly pretty much in the starring role this time. I just really loved it. A great way to spend the holiday season when it comes also.
  11. I just bought The Muppets Wizard Of Oz three days ago it was only released this month in Australia. I enjoyed the movie.
  12. JJandJanice

Just last night I bought Beavis and Butt-Head Do America: Special Colletors edition. Because it's super funny, I've always been a big Beavis and Butt-Head fan.

Plus I'm someone who always has to have the "Special Edition" of all my favorite movies of tv shows.
  13. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, I was getting ready to get seasons 3, 4, and 5 of M*A*S*H; but I'm not allowed to buy anything anymore since Christmas is coming up.
  14. Final Destination 3. I thought it looked like a good movie, and indeed it was! Now I'm scared to ride another rollarcoaster... and I'm also never going tanning!
  15. JJandJanice

Yeah dude, I'm really bad and shouldn't have done this. But even though it was just last night since I bought "Beavis and Butt-Head Do America", I went out today and bought "The Devil's Rejects". I do love horror movies and I think Rob Zombie does some good work, I'm also a fan of his music.
  16. superfan

superfan Active Member

"More Human Than Human!!!" :sing:
  17. JJandJanice

Man I just can't help my DVD craze. I bought "Brain Pillman: Loose Cannon" today. It's about this man who is a wrestler. was going crazy with gimmicks and other stuff, and met with a sad untimly death. Needless to say it's a true story.
  18. BradFraggle

BradFraggle Member

The last DVD I nought was "The Office: Season 2" (well, unless you count a CD/DVD dual-disc as a DVD, then it would be "Straight Outta Lynwood").
  19. thefroglives

thefroglives New Member

I just bought End of the Spear. Very good. Amazing story of true life missionaries ....
  20. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I love The ofice! And I saw that Movie "Strait Outat Lynwood" the other day and loved it!