What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Ziffel

Reaction score
I've bought several dvd's for $40.00 (39.99 actually, but same thing as $40 but sounds like more of a bargain to the customer!) like "The Honeymooners" classic 39 eps on five discs. The least expensive would be some older movies in a WalMart dicount dvd bin for about $6 (5.99 actually...)

The most recent dvd I bought AND received (Sesame Street Old School and Electric Company 2 are on pre-order) is "The Bill Cosby Show- the complete first season (1969)" because I love that show a great deal. I'm really looking forward to when season 2 of that show comes out because one of the episodes (from 1970 or 1971) focuses on Sesame Street.

Edit: Oooh I was double ziffeled by Kermiesgurrl and Muppetsfor life!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I've spent all kinds of big money on DVDs, some of the most money would probably be the 45 bones I've spent on the Playsoup puppet building dvd, follow by my last two dvd buys of The Wizard of Oz and the Fraggle Rock season two, as well as season one of FR, all three costing a cool 40 bucks, more or less.

As for the cheapest, probably the few dvds I got from the Wal-Mart discount bin, which are Kermit's Swamp Years, Muppets Take Manhattan, Airheads and I think a few more.

I also bought a dvd copy of "Sam and Friends" from a member of this forum called Kermieclown. And today I got in the mail a VHS of "Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue", that I got off Ebay. I'm so happy about that, :smile: .

EasyBeinGreen

Reaction score
Most recent purchase: Fraggle Rock Season 2 because it is necessity for any Jim Henson fanatic

Cheapest purchase: Wal Mart $5.50 movies... What About Bob and others

Most expensive: $70 for season 1 of American Dreams or $60 for season 3 of Smallville

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I just bought "The Craft" for only $5.88 at Wal-Mart. I thought that movie was pretty cool.

Xerus

Reaction score
Just recently, I got the following DVDs for my birthday.

Animaniacs - One of the best cartoon series around.
Hee Haw - I always loved that country variety series.
The Tick - My sister always loved that series.
Hoodwinked - A great animated movie that's funny and has original songs which you can't seem to find in today's animated films.

And I just placed an order to get The Osmonds cartoon series on DVD. I saw one episode on a video and I thought it was a totally cool cartoon from the past. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Last 4 disks I bought are, in order

ALF TALES- I still would have perfered the other ALF cartoon, but it was a joy to behold. The cartoon is so much more intense than the TV show. They cleverly infused Jack in the Beanstalk with several Hitchcock movies. ANd Rap-unzel had a classic tongue in cheek spoof of Ronald Regan.

A USed Yu Yu Hakusho disk- Just wanted to see it... pretty good. Love that character Kuwabara

TMNT volume 4- I love BOTH the new and old series (Fast Forward's a bit of a dodge, though), but this disk was packed to the brim with so many weak episodes... though there were highlights like "Cowabunga Shredhead," "Casey Jones:Outlaw Hero." and "Take me to your Leader."

Dragon Ball movie box set- I'm a huge fan of pre-Z Dragon Ball, and wanted to see the other 3 films (they made 4 altogether of Non-Z and GT films... one was on a cheap box set I got at Wal-Mart... edited, but 6 bucks). I really wanted it mainly because in "Mystical Adventure" (Maka Fushigi) Akira Toriyama's FIRST comic book character, Arale from Dr. Slump, had a breif cameo in it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
ALF TALES- I still would have perfered the other ALF cartoon, but it was a joy to behold. The cartoon is so much more intense than the TV show. They cleverly infused Jack in the Beanstalk with several Hitchcock movies. ANd Rap-unzel had a classic tongue in cheek spoof of Ronald Regan.
Hey, David Feiss did that show! (He's the guy who created Cow and Chicken and I am Weasel[/i])

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but I think he worked more on the other ALF cartoon. I wish I coulda got that one instead, but I was in New Hampshire at the time (I'm from MA) and saw it at a local chain for 10 bucks, no tax. It's 15 bucks around here at Newburry Comics.