What was the last DVD you bought and why?

vaati64

Reaction score
James and the Giant Peach

excited to get this one. Never got it when it first came out

Kick-***

Saw this one in theatres and liked it

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

this one and

Knocked Up

were on sale @ Best Buy for $9.99. Been needing to add them to my Apatow collection. Funny movies.:smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
^^ Now when you mention "James and the Giant Peach" do you mean the DVD or the Blu-Ray that just came out?

Anyhoo, today is my day for "redeeming" stuff. I went ahead and redeem 1100 of my "Coke points" to get American Dad-Volume 5 on DVD. My Coke rewards had a few new DVD items up to redeem with your points and, for me, it was a choice between American Dad-volume 5, Family Guy-Volume 8, or "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia-Season 4. In the end I figure volume 8, probably, had more bad episodes than good (the show in my opinion has really been lacking in the last, I don't know 3 or 4 seasons) and I've only seen like two episodes of "It's Always Sunny..." though I liked what I've seen, I figured I'd go with Seth McFarlane's most "underrated" and (at times) downright better show, plus it also helped that American Dad cost less points than either of those shows.

Plus as mention this has been my "redeeming" day, as also at "Disney Movie Rewards" I spent some points to get a "Donald Duck though the years" pin set. It's limited to only 750 sets and is a DMR excusive. I'm honestly looking forward to the pin set more so than the American Dad DVD set, but man, I'm feeling good about both redemptions. :smile::big_grin:

vaati64

Reaction score
^^ Now when you mention "James and the Giant Peach" do you mean the DVD or the Blu-Ray that just came out?

Doh! Thanks for catching that for me. All four of those are Blu-Rays. I forgot to add that at the end of the post.:embarrassed:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I bought Darkwing Duck Vol. 1 on DVD today at Best Buy (only $15!) and got DuckTales: The Movie and Donald in Mathmagic Land in the mail today from Disney Movie Rewards points. A good day for ducks. :stick_out_tongue:

Xerus

Reaction score
I bought some Tennessee Tuxedo DVDs in the mail today. It was great reliving one of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid. They also featured Tooter Turtle, Aesop and Son, Peabody and Sherman, Fractured Fairy Tales, and Rocky and Bullwinkle shorts too.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I bought "The Song of the Cloud Forrest" and "Everybody Loves Raymond" a couple of weeks ago. They were are a low price and couldn't say no!

hoopless

Reaction score
I just bought Richard Pryor Live In Concert because I had a £2 voucher and no extra money to spend and of the cheap stuff in the shop this was the best. Saw it on tv a few months ago and it was hilarious.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I bought "The Song of the Cloud Forrest" and "Everybody Loves Raymond" a couple of weeks ago. They were are a low price and couldn't say no!
I have the complete series of "Everybody Loves Raymond" box set, that's one of my favorite "non-animated" shows (since for the most part ALL I watch is cartoons) along with "My Name is Earl" and a few others.

Anyway, but when you say "Everybody Loves Raymond" what do you mean? A season set of somesort.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well as goofy as it might sound I "rebought" both the Muppet Movie: Kermit's 50 Anniversary Edition and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (80s) season five, I have my reasons, :smile:. Well with the Muppet Movie it also come with a cool tin set with 2 Muppet pencils, pencil sharper, Muppet Notebook and Muppet Stickers, not to mention my older copy wasn't in the best shape, so I figured "go for it". With TMNT, hey I figure I'll sell my old one for more money than I paid for this BRAND NEW set for only $5.99. (Great Deal)

Plus I bought...

Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers- Only seen bits and pieces of this. I'm glad I got it, it was pretty enjoyable.

School House Rock!: 30th Anniversary Edition- I remember watching some shorts when I was kid, so I wanted to check it out again.

Plus it didn't hurt that Muppet Movie, Three Musketeers and School House Rock all had DMR points, :smile:.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus - I mulled over getting this for the longest time and finally decided to. I was not disappointed.