Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I don't think I would put my Kermit on the ledge like that, it gets windy there sometimes and... goodbye Kermie! :embarrassed:

That's the pose I'd been thinking about Earl! :smile: Beautiful. Did you get to pose Fozzie at ComicCon? I hope the factory samples come back looking just like that!

Great pics Jamie. Did you print out that drawing photo off the web? If so, it came out perfect.

I've been posing my MR Kermit a lot lately, mostly cuz you all have gotten this thread moving again. And what with all the new pictures and info about Fozzie and the new Animal factory proto, the Muppety excitement levels have reached their peak yet again!

This morning I found Kermit exploring his directors' chair. It's the only prop that I got especially for him to use, so he's got to make the best of it.

Just chillin'.
Bored.
Might've started singing in this one, not sure.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I don't think I would put my Kermit on the ledge like that, it gets windy there sometimes and... goodbye Kermie! :embarrassed:

That's the pose I'd been thinking about Earl! :smile: Beautiful. Did you get to pose Fozzie at ComicCon? I hope the factory samples come back looking just like that!
I wanted to put his right arm on his hip, but then he wouldn't stand on his own.

I thought the same thing about the Kermit on the ledge photo... one stiff breeze and whoosh!

I did get to play with them a little bit at the Con, but I was trying not to be obnoxious about it. Somebody posted some pictures of Fozzie holding Kermit and then Animal reaching for him. Travis posed Fozzie and Kermit and I did Animal.

I especially love the last two pics, Anthony. Very relaxed and natural looking!

:stick_out_tongue:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I did get to play with them a little bit at the Con, but I was trying not to be obnoxious about it. Somebody posted some pictures of Fozzie holding Kermit and then Animal reaching for him. Travis posed Fozzie and Kermit and I did Animal.

I especially love the last two pics, Anthony. Very relaxed and natural looking!

Yay, thanks! And hello to you and Chris, we three are looking at this thread as I type this.

I bet you were the ONLY ONE who wasn't being obnoxious about posing the Muppets! Ha ha. I'm pretty sure that Kevin was probably the most obnoxious dude messing with them, LOL (kidding Kev). I didn't see that picture you had a hand in (oops! punny), so I'll hafta hunt it down.

Cheers

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Great pics Jamie. Did you print out that drawing photo off the web? If so, it came out perfect.
Thanks! The framed image Kermit is holding is an old pencil drawing of mine. It's inspired by the People Magazine cover in 1990. I have the pic on my site along with a Fozzie and Chuckie. I so wish Palisades Fozzie and Chuckie had worked out better. The digital sculpt (picture on the back of the box) was some of my work as well. The creepy expression on the actual figure was not. :embarrassed:

Your photos of the Kermit are fantastic. How do you keep the fleece from sparkling? Did you slightly comb the puppet, is it a lighting thing, film stock, combination of those factors? Or maybe your Kermit likes you better. I do talk to mine. :smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Ha ha, I knew that picture looked familiar Jamie, I must've seen it on your site a long time ago! Awesome work. Oh, btw, Steppin' Out Fozzie is one of my favorites! The sculpt is awesome IMO, they just messed up on the paint (his eyes), and that was an easy fix. Here's a pic of my SO Fozzie: http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/toughie47/?action=view&current=100_01452.jpg

Oh yeah, as for sparkly fleece, I usually just take pics of my MR Kermit in natural light, next to a window or something. We get a lot of sun on the third floor of our apartment building. :big_grin: I actually don't mind the sparklies as much as some people do, sometimes it pulls off his mood even better.

MisterSuperstar, I got that directors' chair from www.directorschairs.com with help finding it from Kevin, I think. It's been a while. I really like it, but now I kinda want to get an adult-sized chair, but one of the taller models. Maybe later.

Cheers!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I have an adult sized director's chair. Right now, my replica of Paul Winchell's Knucklehead Smiff is sitting in it, but Knucklehead will have to find a new seat after Fozzie comes out. That's where he's going to sit.