Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments......Mwoo is right, there is a skill in posing Kermit. It is this reason that I hope that Animal will be a lot better than the rubbish CC pics that hit the net.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Awesome pics man, & I think I like your new setup for the Palisades figures even more this time around!

Let's hope they don't get knocked off again, LOL.

MWoO

Reaction score
With the news of my new job I promptly went to ebay and bought myself a Kermit, $194 total (darn sales tax added 14 bucks to the price). So, I'll have some pics of my own to show soon hopefully. Any tips on how to get the look just right?

Bear Man

Reaction score
Angle his eyes slightly in towards each other, and angle his head and body forward, you shouldn't be able to draw a straight line up through his legs to his head. Doing this will also slightly smooth out the material under his neck, so he doesn't have as much loose skin.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Tilting his head to one side or the other helps. Make sure his collar is straight. I like to make it stand out from his body a little, but on the puppet, it is usually laying flat, so that's not a necessity.

The most important thing to me is curving the fingers, which gives him a more natural look. Again, it doesn't match the puppet, especially in the Muppet Show years when his fingers were just floppy if he wasn't holding something.

Some people smash the shape of the head around, but I haven't found that necessary at all with mine. I like the way he looked out of the box.

The other thing, which I know many have experienced, is photographing him without flash. The flash makes the fleece shimmer, giving him a strange look, especially on digital pictures.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your new buddy!

:stick_out_tongue:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
With the news of my new job I promptly went to ebay and bought myself a Kermit, $194 total (darn sales tax added 14 bucks to the price). So, I'll have some pics of my own to show soon hopefully. Any tips on how to get the look just right?
Ooooh! That's so cool! I've been waiting for you to get one, glad everything is working out.

Can't wait to see some pics!

Tips, yeah, first thing I did was to ever so slightly twist his eyes inward, just a bit though. You don't want him cross-eyed! :wink: Then the posing is just having fun, and figuring out a good look that's pleasing to the eye.

Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony

MWoO

Reaction score
Good tips.

So the eyes do twist? I was wondering about that. I'd like to make a sheesh face for him, but I fear that will make it impossible to get his mouth in a normal shape again.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Good tips.

So the eyes do twist? I was wondering about that. I'd like to make a sheesh face for him, but I fear that will make it impossible to get his mouth in a normal shape again.
I've been afraid to do that, too, for the same reason. Anyone out there do it and then get his mouth plates perfectly flat again?

:stick_out_tongue: