Hoggle prop restored!!! But...

quixotic

Reaction score
The old Hoggle and the 'new' Hoggle just don't compare, as well as textured weatherd skill, Hoggle's face is full of hair. When you look at Hoggle in the movie its hard to believe his is made from latex, his face almost seems sculpted from wax, I still, look at Hoggle as if he were real, he ain't no ordinary puppet, he was just too lifelike, and no, sadly although I can see their attempts were positive, this restoration cannot match the skill and mastery of the orginal and only 'real' Hoggle.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, for what was done it's passable, and I couldn't have done it myself so I can't trash what was done. I have to wonder, though, why the baggage people didn't just contact Henson??

quixotic

Reaction score
well, maybe they tried, but didn't get a respnose? Who knows?

Laszlo

Reaction score
quixotic said:
well, maybe they tried, but didn't get a respnose?
That would be the normal case! LOL!

Quite hard to get a response from them..

leliebel

Reaction score
edible eye said:
I don't understand why he didn't make a mold of what was there, then restore the missing parts with clay, then recast it. This cloth thing is a terrible, insulting attempt.

Yes! Exactly! I bet he didn't even make a life size moddel form the pictures first to work with.

leliebel

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Well, for what was done it's passable, and I couldn't have done it myself so I can't trash what was done. I have to wonder, though, why the baggage people didn't just contact Henson??
I was also wondering about that. Maybe they didn't know it was first done by the creature shop or didn't know that it could be quite a big deal.

I'm sorry, but I get teh feeling that the guy tht did the restoration really didn't have any feel for living chracters. He might be really good at restoring materials nd fabrics, but I don't think he has a puppet back ground. It just looks so cold.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Anyone with artistic capability would be able to create a Hoggle head from clay with all the skin creases and character he has in the movie. The photos seem to me like it was a quick job done just to prove it COULD be done without considering if it would be done well. I find the photos a little upsetting to be honest.