1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Hoggle prop restored!!! But...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Laszlo, Oct 6, 2006.

1. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Night of the Living Hoggle
  2. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Rated R for Ridiculous.
  3. quixotic

quixotic New Member

The old Hoggle and the 'new' Hoggle just don't compare, as well as textured weatherd skill, Hoggle's face is full of hair. When you look at Hoggle in the movie its hard to believe his is made from latex, his face almost seems sculpted from wax, I still, look at Hoggle as if he were real, he ain't no ordinary puppet, he was just too lifelike, and no, sadly although I can see their attempts were positive, this restoration cannot match the skill and mastery of the orginal and only 'real' Hoggle.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Well, for what was done it's passable, and I couldn't have done it myself so I can't trash what was done. I have to wonder, though, why the baggage people didn't just contact Henson??
  5. quixotic

quixotic New Member

well, maybe they tried, but didn't get a respnose? Who knows?
  6. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

That would be the normal case! LOL!

Quite hard to get a response from them..
  7. leliebel

leliebel New Member

Yes! Exactly! I bet he didn't even make a life size moddel form the pictures first to work with.
  8. leliebel

leliebel New Member

I was also wondering about that. Maybe they didn't know it was first done by the creature shop or didn't know that it could be quite a big deal.

I'm sorry, but I get teh feeling that the guy tht did the restoration really didn't have any feel for living chracters. He might be really good at restoring materials nd fabrics, but I don't think he has a puppet back ground. It just looks so cold.
  9. Anyone with artistic capability would be able to create a Hoggle head from clay with all the skin creases and character he has in the movie. The photos seem to me like it was a quick job done just to prove it COULD be done without considering if it would be done well. I find the photos a little upsetting to be honest.