I Want To Talk About Kevin Clash

Kiki

Reaction score
Welcome to MC, Rachel! :excited:

I think Kevin Clash is great. Of coarse, I havn't met him personally, but I remember writing to him (2 pages long) and sending him a drawing I did of Elmo. Within a month I came home from school to find this fairly big package from america and I was like *GASP!* 'It's from kevin Clash, I know it is!' Anyhoo, i opened it up and he kindly gave me an autographed pic of Elmo saying: To: Katie, thanks for the drawing! W/ love, Elmo and K.Clash. AND an Elmo hand puppet... I. Was. Over. The. MOON!

I just thought it was soo kind and generous of him to give me that, and all in all he sounds like a really great guy, and I think he's doing the right think with Elmo. I have never rully hold a grudge against the lil' guy, kids (yes, AND adults) love him. :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
When Richard Hunt was aduitioning people for fraggle rock, you here stories form some of the other puppet tears from the show that people were crying and saying I thought they were going to be nice people.

Because he had people crying leaving, does this make Richard a tough guy? Or does it make him disisplined in his field of study and want to hire people who know what there doing some what. Does it make him mean? Was he just messing with people to have a good laugh? Or did those people just not understand the kind of person he really was.

Kevin was mentored by the same man and he now recruts talent for Sesame Street himself. While I'm sure he's probably not Richard level kidding with people, I'm sure he has a bit of that in him. And I'm sure he can come across as kind of tough auditioning people. I'm sure he's a nice guy most of the time. Was Jim every not nice and did he not have better day's then others. Was Frank always the happiest person in the world all the time? Are these people not human?

Kevin was part of that last generation of puppetears that had a chance to work with the original core group of Muppetears. These included David Rudman, Marty Robinson, Kerin pareal, Kathy Mullen as well as other who came around that time. He's almost like a gap between the old school and the new, just rith in that time in history where the vetrans were getting them ready to leav it in the hands a little bit and you see a little less of them around even thought there persens we always be felt.

Kevins nethier a new or old Muppetear, so another reason for tihs would be becaus a lot of the newbies have been trained by him and others. I mean he's had the opportunity to be trained by Jim and Frank, and even guy's like Bill have learned a lot from Frank. His talent's speak for themselves, and he has earnd his places as a principal Muppetear.

He was also the very last hope for a generation of characters on Sesame Street how never made it. Don't get me wrong, It certanly didn't mean that Karen was not talented just because she was not ready for the pase of Sesame Street at the time. But it shows true sign's of a future up and comming talent to show that you can make a characters woke as well as he did.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
When Richard Hunt was aduitioning people for fraggle rock, you here stories form some of the other puppet tees from the show that people were crying and saying I thought they were going to be nice people.

Because he had people crying leaving, does this make Richard a tough guy? Or does it make him disisplined in his field of study and want to hire people who know what there doing smwhat. Does it make him mean? Wa he just messing with people to have a good laugh? Or did those people just not understand the kind of person he really was.

Kevin was memtore by the same man and he now recruts talent for Sesame Street himself. While I'm sure he's probably not Richard level kidding with people, I'm sure he has a bit of that in him. And I'm sure he can come across as kind of tough auditioning people. I'm sure he's a nice guy most of the time. Was Jim every noy nice and did he not have better day's then others. Was Frank always the happiest person in the world all the time? Are these people not human?
That's a very good point, ilikemuppets! And you know the old saying, "Nice is different than good." Being a tough teacher doesn't mean you're not a good one.

And by the same token, just because someone appears nice, doesn't mean they are good. I'm not referring to anyone in particular, just pointing it out.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That's true Haraled. You cna be a nice guy and not be very good at what you do.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Ah, the Great Space Coaster. What an awesome show! Wish they had DVD's of it...

Even though I'm not an Elmo fan, I do admire Kevin Clash's hard work he has done over the years. Call me old fashioned, but my favorite character of his was Goriddle Gorilla from the Great Space Coaster. There's an official site here.

http://www.tgscoaster.com/

Convincing John

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You're not old fashion at all, That's a great caracter to love. But I'm not as old as you so I don't remember him, LOL!

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
Ah, the Great Space Coaster. What an awesome show! Wish they had DVD's of it...

Even though I'm not an Elmo fan, I do admire Kevin Clash's hard work he has done over the years. Call me old fashioned, but my favorite character of his was Goriddle Gorilla from the Great Space Coaster. There's an official site here.

http://www.tgscoaster.com/

Convincing John
I wrote about this on a Noel Macneal thread, but here is JimMartin's homepage http://members.aol.com/jimmartin15/ (Gary Gnu) he has a good section on GSC as well as many other shows he was a part of.

Did you happen to see the GSC spoof on Family Guy? It was on one of the GSC websites that I viewed recently, but I can't find it now to give you a link :cry:

It was so FUNNY!!

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
rachelfromatlanta said:
That brings me to something else I want to say. I was chatting with someone about Kevin and he mentioned that Kevin is really a terrible person and he was only hired by Jim Henson because of affirmative action.
Please don't believe who told you that.
If you have ever been in a room when Kevin works Elmo, you see the magic come alive. The guy is a really gifted performer.

You can't notice this on television but Clash does Elmo as loud as a siren.:eek: