I Want To Talk About Kevin Clash

Reaction score
What I keep thinking about is the fact that saying Kevin was hired as a result of affirmative action looks worse for Jim Henson than it does for Kevin!! - It makes it seem like he is willing to compromise his standards just to hire someone of a particular race!

Besides, everyone knows Jim was "color blind" (Kevin even eludes to that in his book - but I already knew that)

I mean it makes perfect sense ... Here you have Jim Henson (and his elite group of puppeteers) and they are performing and creating humans, animals, monsters (and plenty of formerly inanimate objects) in every color of the rainbow and then we are to believe it matters to them what a person looks like in the "real world" :boo:

So, I don't believe it. I just feel sad that people are saying it.

Marky

Reaction score
He just happens to be the puppeteer of the three most annoying Muppets ever.

Elmo, Clifford, and that owl.

Reaction score
Marky said:
He just happens to be the puppeteer of the three most annoying Muppets ever.

Elmo, Clifford, and that owl.
Well, you know what they say ... Opinions are like bellybuttons :big_grin:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
rachelfromatlanta said:
What I keep thinking about is the fact that saying Kevin was hired as a result of affirmative action looks worse for Jim Henson than it does for Kevin!! - It makes it seem like he is willing to compromise his standards just to hire someone of a particular race!

Besides, everyone knows Jim was "color blind" (Kevin even eludes to that in his book - but I already knew that)

I mean it makes perfect sense ... Here you have Jim Henson (and his elite group of puppeteers) and they are performing and creating humans, animals, monsters (and plenty of formerly inanimate objects) in every color of the rainbow and then we are to believe it matters to them what a person looks like in the "real world" :boo:

So, I don't believe it. I just feel sad that people are saying it.
Don't worrie about it. Everyone here knows all of the muppeteers earned their way through hard work and it was talents that got them where they were.