Read any good books lately?

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
About to read The Catcher in the Rye for the first time since high school, Im looking forward to it...

Anyone read "The Gathering Storm" yet? The 12th book of the Wheel of Time is up after JD Salingers classic...

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Watership Down was pretty cool...and weird...and now I'll never look at a rabbit the same way again...

Ooh...Also, last night I started reading a book called Nightlight, which is a Twilight parody by The Harvard Lampoon. It's hilarious!

APRena

Reaction score
Romeo and Juliet, which being a book for English and "classic" literature *should* be cliche and a pain to annotate etc, is actually freaking awesome. (poetic pre-Twilight, minus vampires and plus epic swordfights. :big_grin:) And Lamb somethingorothersuperlongtitlebiblicalallegorything by Christopher Moore.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I'm about to begin rereading On the Road. This book holds a special place in my heart, because I wrote my 11th grade term paper on the literary theme of rebellion about it and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and my term paper got and A-.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson (Or at least, I think that's the author)

It's about a group of kids who have adventures in Disney World in the form of holograms at night when everything comes to life. I just got the third one that came out last month, and according to Wikipedia, there's going to be (at least) ten books in the series.

And also, on a related note:
The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World by Susan Veness

Nonfiction, but pretty interesting. It tells about hidden secrets in the different parts of the park and even gives some history on some attractions. It even provides a section on MV3D. :smile:

Nick22

Reaction score
we hadda read The Outsiders S.E. Hinton for school. and i LOVED it. best book ive ever read. i dont read a lot though, so i guess my judgment is a bit biased.

Reaction score
I Sniper by Stephen Hunter, The Last Ivory Hunter by Peter Capstick, and In Kentucky With Daniel Boone by John T McIntyre.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Last night, I finished "Seven Years in Tibet," by Heinrich Harrer. Beautiful book - I definitely recommend it.

Today, I started on "Night Train to Lisbon," by Pascal Mercier.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
The Warriors series by Erin Hunter. I got the first book from the school library during the first semester last year and I just started the second book soon after the beginning of summer vacation.