1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Read any good books lately?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jacobsnchz, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Pork Active Member

Just read "The rise of the evolution fraude"

and am now reading Darwins "The Origin of Species"

Trying to look at things from every angle :p
  2. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Just finished up "The Real Benjamin Franklin". For the most part, he's a very good role model. Of course, it could be because we think a lot a like, LOL. ;)
  3. Puckrox Well-Known Member

I'm reading both Fight Club and Howl's Moving Castle right now! They're both great.
  4. Pork Active Member

:D Howls Moving Castle is really good :) Read it late last year. Quite different from the movie hey. I love the movie too though :)
  5. Puckrox Well-Known Member

Yeah, everyone's told me how different it is from the movie, and already three chapters in I can easily spot the differences. Still though, I'm quite enjoying it. It makes for an excellent read!
  6. Nick22 Active Member

the hunger games trilogy by suzanne collins. best books i've ever written.
  7. TSSD Active Member

Suzzane Collins? Is that you?:confused:
  8. Puckrox Well-Known Member

Mmmmm, The Hunger Games series is so good!
  9. HamHock Member

Ohhh, my brother just got the Hunger Games, I'll have to read it after him.

I'm just about finshed Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (thats about the third time I re-read it!) I then I just started I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore.
  10. Nick22 Active Member

hahahaha. no. oops. wow. watching what i type is a good idea, huh?
  11. Kiki Active Member

'The Tenant of Wildfell Hall', by Anne Bronte. It's my favourite book out of anything by the Bronte sisters, actually. :)
  12. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I just finished reading Star Wars: The Courtship of Princess Leia. My dad got me hooked on th Star wars books series and they're pretty good.
  13. Pork Active Member

Oh, I have yet to read that one! But it's on my list. Your favourite Bronte sisters book you say. Must be good than, I love Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre.

Oh yeah, my lil bro tried to get me to read some star wars books. I only read one though, I just couldn't get into them. He loved em though!
  14. JaniceFerSure Active Member

I started reading Discworld's: 'The Colour of Magic' several months ago...the last time I read anything. :cool:
  15. Pork Active Member

Finished Alice in Wonderland now I'm reading The Secret Garden.

Trying to read some of the books that I only knew the stories of as a kid but never got round to reading the book.
  16. GonzoLeaper Active Member

I'm currently reading an incredible book called The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning. This one comes with a foreword by Michael W. Smith and testimony by Rich Mullins and both highly recommend the book. It is a great explanation of the wonderful, matchless grace of Jesus that is greater than all our sins. And it's been comforting and encouraging to me as it reminds me of all the incredible verses in Romans that explains that through Christ's death and Resurrection, all sins have been paid for and I can rest in the assurance of His salvation and His grace, even though I've done many wrong things and still have so many failures while trying to live for Jesus.
    For any Christians out there on the forum and anyone just curious about who Jesus is and what He came to do, this book explains the crux of Christianity really well. It's all about God and His grace- how He so loved the world that He gave His only Son so that whosoever will believe in Him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 is so familiar but it's so incredible to consider every time.:)
  17. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

That sounds like a cool book GonzoLeaper, I'll have to check it out sometime. Have you by any chance read the book Tahn?
  18. GonzoLeaper Active Member

Not familiar with that one, Gonzo's Hobbit. Who's the author?
  19. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

L.A. Kelly. It's a fictional novel about a mercenary that comes to Christ while in the middle of breaking away from the band he works for. If's nice if you like mideval themed novels.
  20. GonzoLeaper Active Member

Wow- sounds really interesting. Thanks for the info.:super: