Your Thoughts: A Sesame Street Christmas Carol DVD

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
BTW: Was the robot Sam the same Sam the Robot from years ago on SS (and which shows up on the SS Old School DVD)?
It wasn't the same puppet- and it certainly wasn't Jerry Nelson voicing it- BUT I'm definitely counting it as a new incarnation of Sam the Robot- on the video credits he's referred to as iSam- (obviously a take-off from Apple's iMac!) so he's like the Sam the Robot for the modern audience...
He even stutters and repeats some of his lines until Oscar bangs on the remote- and then he talks right after thanking Oscar!:smile:
I think that's definitely a pretty nice reference for the classic Sesame Street fans- frankly, that was probably my favorite part of the whole thing.

BEAR

Reaction score
Mistoffelees said:
Can someone post a cast (Performers) list for this? Thanks.

Joey Mazzerino performed Joe Marley/Little Joey Dickens

Rickey Boyd voiced Rhubarb the Grouch (aka The Ghost of Christmas Past)
Kristen Chenoweth voiced Christmas Carole (aka The Ghost of Christmas Present)
Kevin Clash voiced iSam (aka The Ghost of Christmas Future)

Hope this helps you.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't forget about Carroll Spinney performing Oscar The Grouch.
And then there are the characters from the clips as well.
Hope this helps.

wiley207

Reaction score
I saw it On Demand, and I thought it was kind of interesting. Aside from the CGI characters, it almost seems the new segments were taped in the 1980s or 1990s. I was also shocked when I read it was going to be a clip show, but I was glad to see a clip from "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street," complete with Mr. Hooper! Also, I could probably design a better DVD cover for that movie. It'd have have Oscar in his nightcap in the center as the three ghosts surround him. And please note: this was also probably one of the first Sesame Street specials where the new footage is almost all Muppets! (not counting the CGI characters).

As for the CGI stuff, I liked the Grouch Ghost of Christmas past. I also noticed that the beginning of the home movies, the countdown leader (counting from 8 to 2) is the same countdown leader that appears on Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Premiere Elements! (I have the latter program). Anyone notice that?

Carol the Christmas Ghost was kinda annoying, though. And as for SAM, they could've at least have Jerry Nelson do the voiceover of him. That would make it more reminiscent! Could this lead into a reappearance of SAM the Robot or something similar?

BEAR

Reaction score
Oh, and forgot to add that Tim Curry was the Narrator (voice-over).

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the free CD Christmas sampler that comes with this DVD when you purchase it from Toys R Us? We'd like to have the Christmas songs for MC Radio. If anyone has this, please send me an e-mail. I'm happy to help you out with some Muppety music goodness in return.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Does anyone have the free CD Christmas sampler that comes with this DVD when you purchase it from Toys R Us? We'd like to have the Christmas songs for MC Radio. If anyone has this, please send me an e-mail. I'm happy to help you out with some Muppety music goodness in return.
A free CD Christmas sampler? All I got was just the DVD... it didn't even come with those little ads on the inside of the case about how the sales of the products go back into Sesame Workshop to help kids around the world.

BEAR

Reaction score
I didn't get any CD sampler either.

CookieCountDawn

Reaction score
Is it a while supplies last thing or will it always be avaiable with the DVD at Toys R Us?