1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: A Sesame Street Christmas Carol DVD

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by BEAR, Nov 13, 2006.

1. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

It wasn't the same puppet- and it certainly wasn't Jerry Nelson voicing it- BUT I'm definitely counting it as a new incarnation of Sam the Robot- on the video credits he's referred to as iSam- (obviously a take-off from Apple's iMac!) so he's like the Sam the Robot for the modern audience...
    He even stutters and repeats some of his lines until Oscar bangs on the remote- and then he talks right after thanking Oscar!:)
    I think that's definitely a pretty nice reference for the classic Sesame Street fans- frankly, that was probably my favorite part of the whole thing.
  2. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Member

Can someone post a cast (Performers) list for this? Thanks.
  3. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Joey Mazzerino performed Joe Marley/Little Joey Dickens

Rickey Boyd voiced Rhubarb the Grouch (aka The Ghost of Christmas Past)
    Kristen Chenoweth voiced Christmas Carole (aka The Ghost of Christmas Present)
    Kevin Clash voiced iSam (aka The Ghost of Christmas Future)

Hope this helps you.
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Don't forget about Carroll Spinney performing Oscar The Grouch.
    And then there are the characters from the clips as well.
    Hope this helps.
  5. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

I saw it On Demand, and I thought it was kind of interesting. Aside from the CGI characters, it almost seems the new segments were taped in the 1980s or 1990s. I was also shocked when I read it was going to be a clip show, but I was glad to see a clip from "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street," complete with Mr. Hooper! Also, I could probably design a better DVD cover for that movie. It'd have have Oscar in his nightcap in the center as the three ghosts surround him. And please note: this was also probably one of the first Sesame Street specials where the new footage is almost all Muppets! (not counting the CGI characters).

As for the CGI stuff, I liked the Grouch Ghost of Christmas past. I also noticed that the beginning of the home movies, the countdown leader (counting from 8 to 2) is the same countdown leader that appears on Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Premiere Elements! (I have the latter program). Anyone notice that?

Carol the Christmas Ghost was kinda annoying, though. And as for SAM, they could've at least have Jerry Nelson do the voiceover of him. That would make it more reminiscent! Could this lead into a reappearance of SAM the Robot or something similar?
  6. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Oh, and forgot to add that Tim Curry was the Narrator (voice-over).
  7. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Does anyone have the free CD Christmas sampler that comes with this DVD when you purchase it from Toys R Us? We'd like to have the Christmas songs for MC Radio. If anyone has this, please send me an e-mail. I'm happy to help you out with some Muppety music goodness in return.
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

A free CD Christmas sampler? All I got was just the DVD... it didn't even come with those little ads on the inside of the case about how the sales of the products go back into Sesame Workshop to help kids around the world.
  9. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I didn't get any CD sampler either.
  10. Is it a while supplies last thing or will it always be avaiable with the DVD at Toys R Us?
  11. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

I thought the special was a complete half-***** effort.

I mean, it's the equivalent of one of those Family Ties "clip" shows where it's 5 minutes of story and 20 minutes of flashbacks.

For effort, I give it a D-. And more negative points for making Oscar the central character. No toddler has Oscar as his or her favorite character.
  12. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

First of all, I agree with you that it was a disappointing project, but why would you give it bad points for Oscar being the central character? Who from Sesame Street would you have lead in a Scrooge story??:grouchy:
  13. The Count

Hmmm... Guess MC was able to get the soundtrack to this special. Saying that cause I started to listen to a version of "True Blue Miracle" recorded by Hoots and Bob from A Sesame Street Christmas Caroll.
  14. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Are you sure that's not the version they did on the Sesame Street Christmas album a while back where it was basically the exact same song from CEOSS but with Hoots replacing Gordon and Olivia's vocals and Elmo replacing David's? Or is it totally different?
  15. The Count

Trust me Bry... It was from the special released this year. Wasn't able to listen to it completely, cause it was one of these last few rainy days when my MC Radio feed's been hiccupping. But what I heard was Hoots' voice singing the first line: "I believe in miracles", and then Bob came in and sang "I know because I've seen". Furthermore, when I tabbed over to the browser window that has the current playing playlist (only three songs listed at a time), it said "True Blue Miracle" from A Sesame Street Christmas Caroll.
    Hope this helps.
  16. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Hmm...sounds like the exact same one I was talking about, but I wouldn't mind taking a listen sometime.
  17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I'm not trying to rube it in but here are the songs from the sampler CD. And no I don't have it either. Sorry.

1. Sesame Street Theme (Christmas Overture)
    2. More Than a Toy
    3. Someone's Love
    4. Keep Christmas With You

Here's another thing that you might want to see Ed.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/A_Sesame_Street_Christmas_(album)

It shows that the song your refuring too is on this album not on the Cd sampler. (I hate it when I'm right so please don't think I'm trying be a smarty pants.)
  18. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Thanks, Kyle. Yeah, i didn't think it was right what Ed was saying, but I understand the confusion. I think that old album was also titled "A Sesame Street Christmas Carol". That version of "True Blue Miracle" is exactly the same one from Christmas Eve On Sesame Street, except they replaced Gordon and Olivia's vocals with Hoots and David's with Elmo.
  19. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Nope. It was called "A Sesame Street Christmas." Oh well everyone makes mistakes and it's alright for everyone too. I do as well.
  20. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Just as well.