Your Thoughts: A Sesame Street Christmas Carol DVD

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
I thought the special was a complete half-***** effort.

I mean, it's the equivalent of one of those Family Ties "clip" shows where it's 5 minutes of story and 20 minutes of flashbacks.

For effort, I give it a D-. And more negative points for making Oscar the central character. No toddler has Oscar as his or her favorite character.

BEAR

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
I thought the special was a complete half-***** effort.

I mean, it's the equivalent of one of those Family Ties "clip" shows where it's 5 minutes of story and 20 minutes of flashbacks.

For effort, I give it a D-. And more negative points for making Oscar the central character. No toddler has Oscar as his or her favorite character.

First of all, I agree with you that it was a disappointing project, but why would you give it bad points for Oscar being the central character? Who from Sesame Street would you have lead in a Scrooge story??:grouchy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Guess MC was able to get the soundtrack to this special. Saying that cause I started to listen to a version of "True Blue Miracle" recorded by Hoots and Bob from A Sesame Street Christmas Caroll.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hmmm... Guess MC was able to get the soundtrack to this special. Saying that cause I started to listen to a version of "True Blue Miracle" recorded by Hoots and Bob from A Sesame Street Christmas Caroll.
Are you sure that's not the version they did on the Sesame Street Christmas album a while back where it was basically the exact same song from CEOSS but with Hoots replacing Gordon and Olivia's vocals and Elmo replacing David's? Or is it totally different?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Trust me Bry... It was from the special released this year. Wasn't able to listen to it completely, cause it was one of these last few rainy days when my MC Radio feed's been hiccupping. But what I heard was Hoots' voice singing the first line: "I believe in miracles", and then Bob came in and sang "I know because I've seen". Furthermore, when I tabbed over to the browser window that has the current playing playlist (only three songs listed at a time), it said "True Blue Miracle" from A Sesame Street Christmas Caroll.
Hope this helps.

BEAR

Reaction score
Hmm...sounds like the exact same one I was talking about, but I wouldn't mind taking a listen sometime.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm not trying to rube it in but here are the songs from the sampler CD. And no I don't have it either. Sorry.

1. Sesame Street Theme (Christmas Overture)
2. More Than a Toy
3. Someone's Love
4. Keep Christmas With You

Here's another thing that you might want to see Ed.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/A_Sesame_Street_Christmas_(album)

It shows that the song your refuring too is on this album not on the Cd sampler. (I hate it when I'm right so please don't think I'm trying be a smarty pants.)

BEAR

Reaction score
Thanks, Kyle. Yeah, i didn't think it was right what Ed was saying, but I understand the confusion. I think that old album was also titled "A Sesame Street Christmas Carol". That version of "True Blue Miracle" is exactly the same one from Christmas Eve On Sesame Street, except they replaced Gordon and Olivia's vocals with Hoots and David's with Elmo.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Nope. It was called "A Sesame Street Christmas." Oh well everyone makes mistakes and it's alright for everyone too. I do as well.

BEAR

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Nope. It was called "A Sesame Street Christmas." Oh well everyone makes mistakes and it's alright for everyone too. I do as well.

Just as well.