Dreams about Muppets...

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I had a weird one, probably triggered by a viewing of TGMC.

I dreamed that the Muppet performers were working on some bizarre new puppetry project. The whole thing took place in a large tank of water, with the Muppet swimming around on the surface. But for some reason, the Muppet performer had to lie on his or her back at the bottom of the tank and work the puppets with a waterproof remote control. And they weren't wearing aqualungs or goggles or protective gear or anything, just ordinary swimsuits.

When that dream started, Richard Hunt was in the tank, operating what looked like some kind of giant seahorse, and Kathy Mullen was waiting her turn - can't remember what her puppet looked like; might have been some kind of lionfish. There were others gathered around, probably Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire and Karen Prell, but the details are hazy.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Cool Richard dreams, Snowball and MN! Awesome to talk to him in a movie theater or watch him operate a Seahorse, lol. Actually I had a dream recently I think that he was playing the Wizard of Oz Scarecrow and no one recognized him (makes sense since Scooter played the role in Muppets Go to the Movies). Lol :wink:

Snowball

Reaction score
This afternoon, when I was taking a nap, I had another muppet related dream. Other things happened in the dream, but I don't remember any of that as well as the muppet related part. The part I remember starts off at a muppet convention in New Jersey. I was there to meet with my fellow RHLCers, but instead of them, I meet up with three other Richard Hunt fans(Though I never caught their names in the dream, it seemed as if I was already friends with them.) I remember that there was a girl, a man, a boy that said his twin didn't come with him, and the boy's mother.

The convention is over, and we're all heading to the mother's car, but the boy and the man stop us, and run off. The mother, the girl, and I are waiting for them to return. Finally, they do return, and they have Richard Hunt with them. Richard needed a ride and we were happy to let him go with us. In the dream, I know he's dead, but I know how he's there. He's an angel, come down just for the convention.

We're in the car now, and the mother and the girl are in front while the boy, the man, Richard, and myself are in the back. Richard and I are sitting next to each other, while the boy is to my right, and the man is to Richard's left. Richard and I talk to each other, and I'm questioning the whole angel business. I ask Richard, 'Has Jim ever come down for these muppet conventions?'(Apparently, the muppet conventions in my dream are an annual thing.) 'No,' Richard said, shaking his head. I then ask, 'Then why did you come?' 'Because you wanted me to,' Richard said. I was happy with this answer and I leaned forward and kissed Richard on the cheek.

The dream jumps to where I'm back home. I post on the RHLC, telling all of them that I made it home safe. And then, even in the dream, I start to question whether or not it was all a dream. I ask everyone else about the muppet convention, but I never got an answer, because I woke up.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Two Richard Hunt-related dreams in a row - well done, Snowball!

Of course, since he's an angel he's got wings, and certainly wouldn't need earthly transportation...but that's just me being nitpicky and all that. But that was a really sweet exchange the two of you had.

I've also had dreams in which I actually wonder if I'm dreaming, or if I'm dreaming that I've just woken up. It's really weird - I just chalk it up to my subconscious working in overdrive.

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I'm reviving this thread, because I had a Muppet dream last night!

I dreamed it was Christmas, and I was at my grandmother's house standing in her living room with a bunch of other family members (don't recall which ones they were now).

I soon realized that it was nearly time to cook the Christmas turkey (for the record, we never spend X-Mas day at this grandmother's house, and we never make turkey either...so I have no idea where all this is coming from...), and began to panic because I knew the turkey was the Muppet one from Family Christmas and I didn't want anything bad to happen to him (even though he had been a jerk to Gonzo and tried stealing away Camilla).

So, I start looking for him.

I end up going to the back room (it's a guest bedroom again in this dream) only to find Gonzo there, taking out presents that he brought to put under the tree. I asked him if he had seen the turkey, and he replied with a "Yeah" and pulled out a small store-bought one still in its wrapping. He then told me that he convinced the Muppet turkey to escape, and I hugged him with glee at the news and thanked him.

Then I woke up, I wish the dream had been longer. I NEVER have Muppet dreams, and this is the first time Gonzo's guest starred!

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I was wondering whatever happened to this thread.

I had a dream a few weeks ago that I was watching a Muppet special on TV and Kermit sounded like Grover. It was really weird. He was just running around and being all Kermit-like, but he sounded like Grover.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I dreamed I entered the Jerusalem Temple (don't mind me, I was just watching a lot of Bible specials recently) and all the priests got upset because I'm a woman. I fled after praying at the alter for help. I opened the back door and found myself in a zoo, with a large paddock to my left with 40-ft wrought iron fencing. I was like, "What animals require 40-ft fences?" Anyway, I was afraid the angry priests would still try to hunt me down, so I squeezed through the fence and found Ma Gorg gardening. I told her, crying, that I was being chased by really ticked off people and I needed help. She said okay, but Pa Gorg showed up in armor, holding a sword, and said he didn't know what the problem was, because men were supposed to discipline women.

You can IMAGINE how well that went over with Ma :wink:

Anyway, Ma agreed to hide me in Junior's room, which had a few Playstation 3s and TVs and he was in a nearby kitchenette microwaving popcorn (garlic, I assume :big_grin:). Finally the priests showed up and the Gorgs convinced them to all have dinner together and then I woke up.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, in "Battle of Leaking Roof," Ma offers to fix the hole in the roof, Pa goes on about how women are supposed to be in the kitchen, cooking and cleaning, and Ma warns him that if he keeps that up he'll have to fix the hole in his head. (Way to go, Ma!)

Here's my latest Muppet-related dream. I dreamed that I was attending Mass in New York, either at St. Patrick's or at St. John the Divine, I forget which. Anyways, all the Muppet performers are there, because the Mass or service had something to do with the Muppets (and I don't think it was Jim's memorial service). And at some point, Richard Hunt went up to the lectern, made a short speech, and started to sing a solo - it was "Ave Maria."

I'm not entirely sure what it all means, either.

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I kinda had a very small Muppet in-between dream last night. I dreamed that I was trying to fix my Kermit's neck (it looks a tad squished) and then his seams were undoing! :eek: