Muppet Replicas on Ebay

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
thank you for this.

Sorry to take up space on the board.

Leanne

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
A lot of fans reproduce kermit for there own personal use and do not sell them. You just can't put if up for sell like this or use it for the purpous of making any money from it. You think Disney want;s to spend there time cracking down on evey person who ever made a Kermit puppet.

spcglider

Reaction score
A lot of fans reproduce kermit for there own personal use and do not sell them. You just can't put if up for sell like this or use it for the purpous of making any money from it. You think Disney want;s to spend there time cracking down on evey person who ever made a Kermit puppet.
Absolutely correct.

They'd also be very upset if you decided to make a You Tube video starring Kermit doing unacceptable things. THere's not too much they can do about the folks who do that sort of thing with commercially available puppets, but I know that there were some pretty serious discussions around the table when they were talking about making the "Photo Puppets". Originally, Master Replicas wanted to make exact copies of the puppets themselves. But Disney Licensing wasn't keen on letting people have exact copies of the characters in puppet form for just the reason I cited above.

So as a compromise, they settled on making them like the photo models they use for publicity shoots and children's books and the now defunct Muppet Magazine.

-Gordon

Nick

Reaction score
I see this person has changed their name again... TOTAL FRAUDSTER STAY AWAY!! I last heard JHP and DIZ are after this person! probably a rumor... will report them to eBay again... sigh

OH AND I FOUND THAT MANY OF THE PICS HAVE BEEN STOLEN FROM JIM HENSON OR DISNEY PRODUCTION PHOTOS ETC.

Jinx

Reaction score
Leanne, someone who's been on ebay for a considerable amount of time without feedback would seem to indicate a seller (or buyer) to avoid. This particular seller has had many auctions pulled by ebay because of intellectual property infringements. Amicus seems to think that because he buys and likes them (allegedly) that it's OK for someone to make unlicensed likenesses of copyrighted characters.

Oh, Amicus, you're such a little troll. What a pity that (if we're to believe what it says in your profile) you are 38 years old, yet you behave like a 12-year-old. You spell like one too... only a loser would call someone a looser.

Nick

Reaction score
"Waiting to see those pics pal!"

Just got my order in a few days ago!!

WOW! TWO WEEKS TO BUILD AN ERNIE AND BERT, WHEN THE AUCTIONS CLEARLY STATED 3 MONTHS!

Couldn't be happier, I'd defianately reccomend either bidding or buying, both worked for me just fine

Yeah Since you are probably the creator of the auction!

Don't pay attention to the two posters on here by the name of Nick and SPC Glider.. they're most likely the same person and they post on here to agree with himself! lol.

Nope we are two entirely different people, who know how to spot a fraud

Anyway, It's completely NOT a fraud as I am a VERY satisfied customer; the builder deals with people all over the world and I'm just one of them.

Nice to see that the person has another new name and again 0 feedback!

I sent a money order and didn't even do Paypal and never felt inhibited by what these threads say. As a matter of fact I've spoken to 13 other people who post on here who also have ordered puppets through this person, I respect their privacy as they don't like to be harrased by ones who like to make up stories that aren't even true.

TO QUOTE THE THOMPSON TWINS.... LIES, LIES, LIES YEAH! OK 13 OTHER PEOPLE.... NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO SPEAK UP!

So you wanna know the truth, ask me as I am again, a very satisfied customer!:smile:

YOU WOULD NOT KNOW THE TRUTH IF IT BIT YOU IN THE BUTT!

And the puppets I got were exactly what the pics are;

AGAIN I STATE... TWO WEEKS TO BUILD AND ERNIE AND A BERT... WHEN THE AUCTION CLEARLY STATED 3 MONTHS TO COMPLETE!!??

That guy above is completely fabricating stories again. What a looser.

THEN WHY WAS EVERY AUCTION CANCELLED WHEN I REPORTED THEM, AND WHY DOES THIS PERSON ON EBAY HAVE ANOTHER USER ID?? FOURTH ONE IN 2 MONTHS!! PUT IN THE OLD NAMES... THEY ARE NO LONGER A REGISTERED USER... EBAY KEEPS SHUTTING YOU DOWN AMICUS... AND I WILL CONTINUE TURNING YOU IN FOR FRAUD AND INTELLECTUAL THEFT!! YOU WILL BE CAUGHT ONE DAY, WE ALL KNOW THIS IS YOU... TO AGREE WITH JINX, GO TROLL SOMPLACE ELSE... THIS IS A DECENT GROUP OF PEOPLE WITH A COMMON INTEREST, AND YOUR ONLY INTEREST IS TO POST AS A CUSTOMER AND SAY HOW WONDERFUL THE PUPPETS ARE, WHEN IT IS CLEARLY A COPYWRITE VIOLATION! HECK, THE PICS ARE STOCK PICS. TELL YOUR "FRIEND" TO POST THE ACTUAL PROCESS PICS OF THE PUPPET... I DARE YOU, BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T!! AGAIN I STATE... SHOW US ACTUAL PICS OF YOU AND YOUR RECENT PUPPETS... TAKE THEM IN A CURRENT SETTING... SHOW US, PLEASE, MAKE US EAT OUR WORDS, OTHER WISE GET THE HECK OUT OF HERE AND LET THE DECENT PEOPLE BE, FIND ANOTHER PLACE FOR YOUR SNIDE COMMENTS AND TROLLING. AND BEFORE YOU CALL SOMEBODY A LOSER, TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT YOURSELF!

biblebetty

Reaction score
young man you have said you can do what you want, we do not live in Nazi Germany. You are correct, but that doesn't mean you have to support those who break the law by making money off of the backs of thoses who have spend time, money and talent to see their ideas come to life.

That's why we have copyright laws to protect the interest of those who should benefit from their hard work, not like your friend.

You are very fortunate to live in this county. But to live in this county means to be responsible for your choices.

Biblebetty

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Last request to the battles between a few of the members posting in this thread. DO NOT ARGUE!

Amicus, stop irritating the situation with your attitude. Nick, SPCGlider, fellows the argument is understood and you're only going in circles with the conversation with this guy.

Everybody, please just stop. Last request.

There are better ways to discuss this without being so adamant with one another.

Please.

spcglider

Reaction score
Dude you're obsessed, I think you need a girlfriend! lol
I wish I could build those puppets, but I can't, that's why I have to shell out money to buy them.
Why are you so hostile? I don't think that is what this forum is about and I think you should take a look at your own posts if you wanna talk about being negative.
This is not Nazi Germany, this is America where you're free to buy what you want. These aren't drugs, they're puppets dude, chill out!

Peace
Once again, Amicus, you are completely wrong. As wrong as a human being can be. Wrong with a capital W... just ask your unlicensed, illegal Ernie puppet.

You obviously have no grasp of intellectual property rights and are utterly incapable of speaking about this subject with authority.

This person IS BREAKING THE LAW by offering unlicensed replicas of Muppet characters. That's FACT. And no off-the-cuff poo-pooing by you will change that.

As for Nick and myself being the same person, you are wrong about that too.

My name is Gordon Smuder. I live in Minneapolis, MN. I own a house there. I run a special effects and prop shop there called Minnefex, Inc. You can verify my identity in a dozen different ways.

Nick? Would you care to offer up anything to evidence how wrong Amicus is?

I came back to this thread to post a link to another puppet by this same maker:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Professional-CU...4QQihZ016QQcategoryZ18839QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its a VERY nice puppet and has nothing to do with breaking laws. I was going to give it some lip-service and encourage people to bid on it.

Like I said before, I have nothing against this puppet maker personally. They are very talented and have excellent technique and an eye for pleasing structure and proportion. I wish they'd simply stop stepping on the rights of others.

-Gordon