Bob Appreciation Thread

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I like Bob! He's always seemed humble and like he really enjoys working on Sesame Street. I saw an old sketch on YouTube the other day from about 1990, where Placido Flamingo did his "Perfect Thing" opera. Bob came out dressed in a bumble bee costume and was very eager to just "get this over with". I also remember Bob as a giant banana, though I don't remember what the significance of that was. I remember thinking it was very funny, though... Oh! And I just remembered another one. Oscar wanted to run his own newsstand and needed help attracting customers. So he had Bob stand out on the street (I think he even had a striped suit and top hat on) and sing this song:
"Come on and read! Come on and read! Come on and read at Oscar's stand! It's all you need! It's all you need! It's the best stand in the land!..."

roadrat15

Reaction score
I remember Bob playing the intrepid British explorer searching for 'Kermit The Hermit,wisest man in the world'.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
With out Bob I would not have such an appreciation for the people in my neighborhood:smile: Seriously I do love him and can't imagine what Sesame Street would be like with out him. He seems like such a genuinely nice person on camera and it's cool to hear he really is off camera too.

Kiki

Reaction score
I've always liked Bob, he reminds me of one of those enthusiastic school teachers. The kind who is so into what he teaching and doesn't care how corny he looks. :smile:
Lol, yeah- exactly! Heh, well put! Ya gotta love him for that.

LOL! Kiki, They weren't considered retro back when he wore them.
Obviously, lol! :smile: But yeah, looking back at all those clips and seeing what they were all wearing... heehee, dig those groovy paisley shirts! :wink:

...yeah. I decided to bump up this thread. Because... *ahem* Bob is worth it. =D

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But yeah, looking back at all those clips and seeing what they were all wearing... heehee, dig those groovy paisley shirts! :wink:
What I love is how Bob was not technically one of the "younger" members of the cast, but his '70s threads were just as groovy, lol. Very true for the times, people of all ages was very much into the freedom of not having to wear suits for the first time.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Been meaning to post this for sometime.

Remember a song he sung in the 80's, think it was called Imagination?

Starts out something like " Have you seen the man in the moon etc."

Even had drawings of what he was singing about.