Bob Appreciation Thread

Kiki

Reaction score
Uh, I'm not sure whether there's been a thread on this of not, but I just wanted to pay tribute to my fave human character of SS...

Bob, baby! :big_grin:

So we could just talk 'bout our favorite Bob sketches and... stuff like that, yeah? :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I don't really remember a lot about Sesame Street but I have one particular memory about how Bob was having a party for the other Sesame Street human adults and Big Bird kept pestering him about wanting to come until Bob consented.
But when Big Bird arrived he quickly found out how boring grown-up parties were for 6 year old Big Birds like him. :wink:

anytimepally

Reaction score
This is just the kind of thread we needed around here.. Bob's is awesome :big_grin: .. though I'm still taken aback when he's on the show these days, and I see how old he's gotten.. I've always been more of a Gordon fan, but Bob is probably my second favorite human.. I especially like when he sings! :sing:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I forgot to mention earlier that Bob is probably my favourite Sesame Street human as well. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've always liked Bob, he reminds me of one of those enthusiastic school teachers. The kind who is so into what he teaching and doesn't care how corny he looks. :smile: Plus, he's got the classic Sesame Street singing voice.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Bob's cool!!

Bob was always a joy to watch on Sesame Street. My favorite bit he was in featured Kermit, as Bob held a Bullfrog and was telling us about it while Kermit contradicted everything Bob said. (Example: Bob asks Kermit what frogs eat, Kermit replies "Fried chicken and pizza!!") I also have always enjoyed Bob singing. No one sings "People In Your Neighborhood" like Bob!!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Last year I had the great fortune of meeting Bob at Sesame Place. His personality is exactly the same off camera as it is on. He still looks remarkably good for someone in their seventies. He got to perform a few songs, read a few stories, and after his show posed for pictures and autographs. He is one of the absolute nicest people you could ever meet. Bob never stopped smiling, and even he was a little blown away by the impact he left on our generation.

He got to share with me the great friendship he had with Jim and Joe Raposo (he misses them dearly, as we all do), and how proud he was/is to be part of such a fantastic show.

I got my autographed copy of the first Sesame Street LP with his and Susan's signatures. I can die a happy man.:big_grin:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I don't really remember a lot about Sesame Street but I have one particular memory about how Bob was having a party for the other Sesame Street human adults and Big Bird kept pestering him about wanting to come until Bob consented.
But when Big Bird arrived he quickly found out how boring grown-up parties were for 6 year old Big Birds like him. :wink:
Hmmmm. I've seen the beginning of that one, but I haven't seen the end. That would be a good one for 'You Tube.' It's been a while since we had a new 'street scenes' episode up there. Let's see, some of the best Bob moments would be "People in Your Neighborhood," "Keep Christmas With You," and there was one where Oscar had a talent show for grouches and Bob dressed as kind of a 'grouch' character Bob the Slob, I think. That's about all I can remember. The rest of that sketch kind of escapes me.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I remember Big Bird going to the adult party too! Big Bird asks where all the games are, but all the grown ups want to do is stand around and talk! Big Bird leaves in a huff and everyone laughs as they say good bye.

I think Big Bird had a point! Adults care way too much about looking silly. Lol

Mokeystar

Reaction score
By far, Bob is (and has always been) my favorite human being. He's gentle, kind, and when he smiles.....whoh.....he blew my little four-year-old heart away. :smile: Yes, I admit. Bob was my very first crush. I definitely wanted him to be a person in my neighborhood. :smile:

When fuzzygobo got to see him last summer, I was so excited that he got to meet one of my favorite people and was positively thrilled to know he's as nice a guy in person as he is on television.
Bob rules! :wink: