Season 5

24 Uncut Episodes

Muppet Family Christmas Uncut
The Muppets a Celebration of 30 Years
The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson
Muppet Show Live

karamazov80

Reaction score
Man, I love this show. The only thing that would make it better is if it somehow had old commercials where they used to be. My parents taped the show on Betamax when I was a kid (very early 80s), and had them transferred to VHS in the 90s. The nostalgia flooded over me when I saw those old Pizza Hut commercials, the creepiest TV movie trailer ever (Poltergeist), as well as local commercials for ICEE ("the c-c-c-coldest drink in town") the Times-Picayune States Item (which is still kicking in New Orleans as the Times-Picayune), and other wacky local goodness. They don't make shows like the Muppet Show anymore, just as sure as they don't make commercials the way they used to.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Season 5

24 Uncut Episodes ...
The Muppets a Celebration of 30 Years...
The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson
Those are the ones I most want. The Muppets Celebrate Jim has been on YouTube for a short while, but I'd like a clean copy of it. It's also a rare show because it features Richard Hunt without Jim Henson. :wink: I don't know where else that has happened.

And especially the 30 years Celebration! It has been years since I've seen that.n Top of my list for extras - definitely. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
\ It's also a rare show because it features Richard Hunt without Jim Henson. :wink: I don't know where else that has happened.
The VHS Billy Bunny's Animal Songs also features Richard Hunt without Jim Henson, but yeah it is pretty rare. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That's actually one of the programs that passed me by.

BTW. I posted a DVD review on amazon.com as J. Carroll "frogboy" last week. I didn't really go into each individual show (I don't like reviews that are just some sort of synopsis). I did come down rather hard on the season one morsels (mainly becuause they looked rather ugly and obscured the show at the most inopportune times). I should have written that a simple trivia "news-ticker" at the bottom would have been ideal for season two. I would have preferred commentary from Whitmire or Goelz. We got neither, but there's always next time.

Here's the link (so I don't clutter the page).
The Muppets I Love, Remember & Hope Return! (jamie's review) :zany:
(It's a little ways down)

Telly

Reaction score
the creepiest TV movie trailer ever (Poltergeist)
And this is supposed to be a kids' show!:eek:

That's the thing I love about Muppets....appeal to kids and adults.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying how much they would like to see The Muppets Go Hollywood and The Muppets Go to the Movies on the next sets, but they would be more appropriate for The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper if they ever do 2-disc sets for those movies.

Anyway, still haven't received my set, but I did watch the Milton Berle episode recently and just wanted to make a comment about it. It always fascinates me to watch Statler and Waldorf heckle Milton Berle. You can almost hear Richard Hunt's hesitancy while he's doing it. Almost like he's afraid of what people could do to him for heckling a comic icon. But, I've never heard that in any of his other performances with Statler, so I'm wondering if that was the case, or if he couldn't hear him or something like that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Right, it's just that it's unclear right now if a 2 disk set will ever happen. So people want to see the specials somehow. And I personally don't think they're that inappropriate for The Muppet Show disks. A lot of "random" things are put on DVD bonus features.

I have heard about Statler's hesitancy before, that's interesting. I'll have to watch for that!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The 60 Minutes behind-the-scenes segment and Of Muppets and Men are, I think, essential to Season 3 and Season 5 respectively (well, maybe not essential, but they make the most sense for Muppet Show releases). I love the idea of including every Muppet special ever made, but I'm hoping they get placed better. The Muppet Show pitch reel, the season one "gag" reel, and the two pilots all fit perfectly into the sets. The Juliet Prowse pilot would be another great addition. I would actually be most interested in seeing the Muppet specials (and the Tales from Muppetland specials) getting their own DVD releases, and just sticking to Muppet Show based stuff for The Muppet Show DVDs. Although, I must admit, The Muppets 30 Years special and The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson would probably find no better home than on the TMS DVDs. And I understand completely why The Muppets Go to the Movies would work, even though it was used to promote TGMC. It seems to be kind of a series finale for TMS.