Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I did not know if anyone knew this. I just got the season 2 at Bestbuy. Here's the deal, if you buy season 2 and season 1, you pay only $40.00. If you don't have both, I would recommend getting these by tomorrow cause the deal ends tomorrow. I thought it was a good deal since I did not have either of them. You save about $30.00 between the two of them! :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I did not know if anyone knew this. I just got the season 2 at Bestbuy. Here's the deal, if you buy season 2 and season 1, you pay only $40.00. If you don't have both, I would recommend getting these by tomorrow cause the deal ends tomorrow. I thought it was a good deal since I did not have either of them. You save about $30.00 between the two of them! :smile:
I posted about that earlier in the thread, wasn't that a GREAT deal? I took advantage of it and bought the fuzzy cover of Season 1 that I didn't have! AWESOME deal! Take advantage of it while you have the chance!:big_grin:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I got the fuzzy verison even tho the first one didn't have get it. So i wanted to say that i'm enjoying so far. Just got through watching the Dom D. one and that he was funny! My favorite one is the Steve Martian since i had the other DVD that had him on there. About to watch some more. See you later!

Erine81981

Reaction score
I know. I did that for a laugh. No just kidding. I was just trying to hurry. But since you pointed it out. I'm now laughing at myself. Thanks DH for the laugh at my own mistake.

elkinmn

Reaction score
A newcomer here with a question about the Season 2 set. :smile:

I've gotten through the third disk, and noticed something odd. There is a UK skit that appears on two of the episodes. It is the "English Country Garden" piano duet with Rowlf and Fozzie. On the set I have, it is part of both the Elton John and Jaye P Morgan episodes. Should it have been part of both episodes? The Elton John episode also has the "Any Old Iron" skit. Does everyone elses sets have this skit duplication?

Rereading the review and muppet.wikia.com articles, I see that the "English Country Garden" skit duplication is mentioned in both. I must have overlooked it the review, and did not know about the muppet.wikia.com until after I posted my question.

Sorry about the unneccessary (already answered) question. :embarrassed:

Does anyone know why it was duplicated?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Hey, quick question for those of you who have gotten your DVD sets already - is anyone else having problems getting the DVDs to play in certain players? I tried watching Disc 1 today, but while I was able to get it to play in the the DVD player in the kitchen and in the player in my parents room, it wouldn't play in my player. Same story with Disc 2. And other DVDs I already own work fine in my own player. Is it the player or is it the DVDs?

-Kim

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Chances are Kim the discs are fine in themselves.
There seems to be glitches within players themselves for some reason. A disc will play fine in one player but not another while a different disc may work well and not well in the opposite players.
I don't fully understand why this is so but here's a tip.
The cheaper a player you buy, the greater the chance that it will play your DVDs faithfully for you. I was told this by a friend and so I bought a player for approximately $56 and I've had very little problems with my discs. Even with a cheap player it does still occasionally happen that you'll experience problems with a certain disc, but it's seldom by comparison.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Chances are Kim the discs are fine in themselves.
Thank God. I was saving the receipt from Best Buy anyway, just in case, but still thank God.

There seems to be glitches within players themselves for some reason. A disc will play fine in one player but not another while a different disc may work well and not well in the opposite players.
I don't fully understand why this is so but here's a tip.
The cheaper a player you buy, the greater the chance that it will play your DVDs faithfully for you. I was told this by a friend and so I bought a player for approximately $56 and I've had very little problems with my discs. Even with a cheap player it does still occasionally happen that you'll experience problems with a certain disc, but it's seldom by comparison.
Oi. It's weird because I've never had that problem before. Well, at least the DVDs still play in a majority of the players in my house. I'll just have to take notes on each episode for my webpage.

-Kim