Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Has anyone checked the DVD credits? There's usually a DVD credits somewhere on one of the discs for people who worked on the menus and suchwhat. The credits for any special features would probably be on there, and if it lists Frank Oz as one of the Muppet performers, it would most likely be refering to The Muppets on Muppets... that is to say if it is Frank.

ploobis

Reaction score
In the Milton Berle episode when Piggy was singing "The Entertainer" I love Rowlf's pig jokes while she sings!

:sympathy:: "Don't hog the piano!"

:sympathy:: "Bring home the PORK!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Funny Stuff! :smile:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
In the Milton Berle episode when Piggy was singing "The Entertainer" I love Rowlf's pig jokes while she sings!

:sympathy:: "Don't hog the piano!"

:sympathy:: "Bring home the PORK!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Funny Stuff!
Yeah and she was being very sexual just another thing in a long line of piggy and othe rmuppets being like that...hence the show being a family show and not just for kids. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hmmm... If The Muppets on the Muppets was made around the time of Muppets From Space, then I wonder what it was produced for/ as (a television special? a DVD featurette? Odyssey Chanel insertials, similar to the Muppetisms?). But if it had been produced that many years ago and wasn't released (and us fans weren't even aware of the existence of this) then I forgive the fact that this is included on a set for The Muppet Show (though I'd still rather have the Jim Henson Retrospective).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If anybody here attends the Muppets, Music and Magic event, it might be a good idea to ask Dave Goelz if Frank Oz performed in The Muppets on the Muppets, or if it was indeed produced for the DVD or earlier (it's possible that Dave Goelz doesn't know if Frank Oz performed in the feature, since his characters never appear with Frank Oz's characters).

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Disney

I must say - even though it took 2 years (at this rate I will be dead before the fifth season is released) Disney did an excellent job with this one. I approve and I am a very tough critic. Living in Hollywood and knowing quite a few people at Disney and Buena Vista, I placed some congratulatory calls to the higher ups. They are all glad to hear they did something right - finally! ha - In the back of my mind I wanted to mention season three but not quite yet. A job well done equals patience for the third in my opinion... What do you think?:big_grin:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ok if Muppets on Muppets was durring the MFS time then it would more then likely mean that that would etheir under Columbea/Tristar or JHC. which would mean that there must have been some frome of talks betwen the studios. So would that mean that they could very well be trying to buy MTM.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Well, as I predicted, my local Wal-Mart had ONLY the fuzzy Piggy cover (the same store had only the fuzzy Kermit cover for season 1 as well).

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

(does frantic Kermit-wave)

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
This is a great release. Disney did a nock it out of the park job. I've only made it trough the first few episodes and won't want the Special Features till i'm at Disc 5. But overall i'm so happy. Its pretty obvious they listened to the fans and took the time this time to get ever song cleared. I still wish the first season had everything but i'm just so happy to have what i have on DVD.

Some minor complaints though. One being on the next release when you re-master the audio turn the main tracks up a few notches. I have to crank my Suround Sound up about 10 decibels higher then i normally do.

But overall i'm so happy to have this. I'm shocked at the amount of Male comics who are guest stars on season 2. There isn't the diversity that you had as guest stars on season 1. But when you have legit stars like Don Knots, Milton Burel, and Bob Hope i'm really not going to complain. Its great to have one of my favorite episodes Steve Martin in this as well. People forget how big of a Rock Star he was at this time. He was basically a very blue comic at this time selling out stadiums, much like Dane Cook today (wouldn't he be a bizarre guest on a new version of the Muppet show, personally i think Cook is unfunny and i like my Blue comedy).

Disney keep up the great work, this is an immaculate collection that i look forward to being able to show to my kids some day. I know I'm buying as much Muppet stuff for my Nephew so he can experience this fantastic stuff.

Fun to see so much traffic still on MuppetCentral. We finally have something to talk about ;-).

CW

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I've watched the first disc and the special features, and I'm loving this set so far.