1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I haven't got my set yet but that sounds very disappointing. Maybe you were just misfortunate enough to pick up a dud copy?
  2. Jon

Jon New Member

I am starting to think so! I'd be interested in the views of uk residents who have bought this ... wonder if it might be a bad batch?

EDIT- Even the Menus`look colour saturated and far from well defined, not at all crisp. Can't be right can it?
  3. Bill Bubble Guy

It certainly doesn't sound right. Not what you generally expect for DVD quality.
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I'm not from the UK, but I agree the picture quality doesn't seem quite as sharp. I don't see anything blurred, but yeah perhaps over saturation of color etc.
  5. Jon

Jon New Member

On further examination apart from the hugely blurred opening section with the curtain rising before the special produced menus, i wil take back what i said about the blurring. However the picture aint as sharp and is much softer.

I wonder if Jim asked for softer lenses to distract from the fleece and foam nature of the cast?

EDIT- Or perhaps disney had a smaller budget for mastering after securing all the music rights?
  6. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

7. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I hope we will be getting the 3rd season of The Muppet Show on DVD next year because of this! :)
  8. heralde

Yay! Well I do hope Disney happens to notice that. ;)

This is just me, but I don't care if people think TMS is "kids" entertainment. I don't look down on that label. As long as someone is watching and enjoying it. And as long as the Muppets are really acting like the Muppets. :)

Now I know some people might be turned off because of the "kid" label. But they are wrong. And I wouldn't bend over backwards to make the Muppets appear more "cool" just to please them. It would be counter productive; I wouldn't really be introducing them to the Muppets. ;)
  9. Jon

Jon New Member

Absolutely, it appeals to our inner child and that is something worthy of celebration.

It's a wondrfully crafted kids show with sizable cross generation appeal.
  10. piggywiggins

piggywiggins New Member

muppets 2

i am getting muppet show sesaen 2 2morrow wooohooo can somebody reply on how good it is?:halo: tnxs
  11. Bigmouth

Bigmouth New Member

Hope you can stand a newbie (or whatever you call it...) question.
    Season 2 was finally released on region 2 last week and I've just finished watching it.
    There were no subtitles on the songs!:boo: I didn't like that. During some moments the crowd is making it hard for me to hear the lyrics.
    Does anybody know the reason for not subtitling the songs?:confused: On season 1 everything had subtitles.
  12. heralde

Yeah that annoyed me too. Is it possible there are different copyright rules for actually printing the lyrics of songs?
  13. chequepoint

chequepoint New Member

The laws are different, BUT having been on both sides of a licensing deal, its usually not hard to work in the rights to something like subtitles gratis.
  14. heralde

Thanks for the info! It would be interesting to know why it was seemingly difficult to obtain those rights.
  15. Bill Bubble Guy

I'm afraid like the Morsels it was probably done just because there was a different DVD producer for the second season :(
  16. heralde

I was thinking the same thing, for some reason they didn't put the effort into that this time. It makes me nervous about Season 3, but I won't assume yet. :)
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It's like Muppet productions, there always seems to be somebody missing. I'm glad it was merely the morsels and song captions this time out. I'm wondering what it would take to have it all? Honestly, they could put the episodes in brown wrapping as long as they are complete. But I do so love the menus and packaging. :flirt:

Wouldn't it be funny if they did a mohair fuzzy Animal packaging next time? Not that it's likely or would be easy to shelve. :halo:
  18. heralde

I don't know, the lack of morsels thing just hit me really hard. Not that the episodes aren't great, but it was nice to get extra info and quotes I'd never heard before. And the way they flashed on the screen honestly didn't bother me.
  19. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

I think the time and effort went into making the episodes whole thins time around. I mean, think about how much time andm oney itm ust take to do an extra like muppet morsels. Maybe the money spent on song rights and stuff took up too much of the budget.

I've yet to axctually look at the muppet morsels part of season 1. I preffer the extras like the menus and the interviews they put on here.
  20. Bill Bubble Guy

I agree with heralde. I thought they had started something to really make the TMS season sets spectacularly special. They made the first set something great then made the second set so plain and ordinary. :(
    I honestly can't understand why they would establish something within a collectable series if they were not all in agreement that it was to be part of each and every installment :confused:

And I've no judgement on the cost factor but I wouldn't think it would be that much pricey for Disney. Besides the way I understand the songs cut on season 1 were unable to be cleared. In other words they were un-negotiable at any price.
    I don't know what sort of dealings went on with Disney this time, but just because they were lucky enough to be permitted to clear all the related rights for season 2 I'm not going to assume automatically this means that there won't be any songs on the three remaining seasons that Disney will be forbidden completely from clearing for release.