Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
ok I'm on the last dvd watched almost every single episode I'll have some things to bring up later once I go through all of the episodes again just watching them for pure enjoyment at the moment.
Loved the Valentines show though! Makes me want a george the janitor figure even more not and ooo tha brewster and that sassy mildred lol
And I also loved the muppets on muppets thats Frank Oz for sure unless they got some one new who sounds just like him because it sounds exactly like frank!
I didn't care for Franks characters comments about Jim Henson I thought it was very rude...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Okay, during the second season there were six main performers (and only five credited), but I have just noticed that in some sketches, there seems to be seven or more performers. Some of these include Lou Rawls closing number and That Old Black Magic, and mayeb Just One Person and We've Got Us. Has anybody else noticed this?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
It's interesting that Frank Oz didn't even know until now that the show has been released on DVD. Does that mean that the Muppet performers no longer get residuals for The Muppet Show? And even if he didn't know about the DVDs, maybe he performed in The Muppets on Muppets, thinking it would be a television special or something else.
Actually, Eric Jacobson, who performs Frank's characters now, performed in The Muppets on Muppets.

dabauckham

Reaction score
Actually, Eric Jacobson, who performs Frank's characters now, performed in The Muppets on Muppets.
So, do you know this for a fact? Is there a credit listing anywhere for example? (my DVD still has not arrived). :confused:

It does seem odd to me that Frank Oz would be completely unaware of not only the second, but even the first Muppet Show season DVD release, and be featured on it... but there are some people who seem to swear that it's Frank. Which means that Eric's impressions have either gotten really, really, good, or it's actually Frank.

tomahawk

Reaction score
It is not Frank Oz. He is not doing anything with the Muppets anymore.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Amazon just sent mine,

*whistles*

It's still not hear yet....

*sigh*

*checks mail*

... Not yet...

*sigh*

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't say that it was. I was just saying that if Frank did perform in it, he might have not been aware that it would be a special feature on a Muppet Show DVD (I don't know how likely that would be, though). And I don't think it sounds like Frank Oz (though it seems like Eric Jacobson didn't do as good of a job as usual with these characters).

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Incidentally speaking of the Valentine show is it really true that it's completely unedited? All the way including Mia Farrow's rendition of "How Much is that Doggy in the Window" with Rufus the dog from Hey,Cinderella that I've read on the forums before was cut out at one time?