1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Jul 20, 2007.

1. SgtGonzoPepper

SgtGonzoPepper New Member

yeah that was great scribbler was sooo funny to me
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

This is a beautiful explanation and I will accept it! Groovy.
  3. David French

David French Member

It's been a while since I last saw the Rich Little episode but I wonder if Little was trying to do Fozzie's voice from the previous year, as they would be all he would have had to go on.
  4. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

No, it seemed like he was attempting the current Fozzie, but it was just so robotic. He tried Fozzie's "ahhhh" but instead he sounded very robotic and monotone. Plus the move with the hat just looked so bad. It's like he didn't even come close to his mannerisms, first or second season. It's sad really because he can do really good impressions. His Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra were amazing, he even sang like them, got their mannerisms and all.
  5. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

Rich Little is definitely one of my favorite impressionists, next to the late, great Frank Gorshin (who did a KILLER Kirk Douglas, Burt Lancaster, Marlon Brando, Boris Karloff, etc.) Yep, in addition to the voices, Rich usually had the mannerisms of the celebrities he was impersonating down pat. Again, check out Rich Little's Christmas Carol for a great example of the man's many talents. His Truman Capote as Tiny Tim was/is brilliant!
  6. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I like Rich Little as well, but I agree about those moments from his episode. I actually always tend to dislike it when people try to do impressions of the Muppets on the Muppet Show or even just when the Muppets are there. It just never seems to work.
  7. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Rich Little is one of the first guests of the season, current Fozzie barely had time to develop his current personality. And many sources say The Muppet Show didn't really become a powerhouse, popular show until the 2nd season (and not at the very beginning). If Rich Little was a guest in say the 4th season, then I would be more surprised.

Impressions are difficult, they are not something many people can do well. And most people would barely have the nerve to do it on TV. So I'm not going to bug the guy too much about it while I'm safe at home watching him from my couch, hehe. :) And as I said before, the Muppets are a bit more difficult to imitate than real human beings.
  8. MGov

MGov New Member

Definitely don't like that the Muppet Morsels aren't included.

But it has been fun to see the evolution of the show, with the guests interacting more and more with the Muppets.

Now, about the Elton John episode: Has anyone else noticed (how can I put this delicately?) let's call it "Frank Oz's view" of Elton John during "Don't Go Breaking My Heart"?
  9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I doubt Frank was looking at anything other than a monitor at that point. When you're puppeteering, you don't pay attention to anything like that.

Although, sometimes, it's safe to keep things in peripheral so you aren't surprised.
  10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I have just started wondering if any of the season two guest stars appeared on the show without even seeing any episodes of the show before being asked to be on the show (and even if any guests didn't watch teh show until after their appearance).
  11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed that. But what I often wonder is how Frank Oz felt when having Grover sit on Lena Horn or Madeline Kahn's laps when they appeared on Sesame Street.
  12. SarahOnBway

SarahOnBway Member

Hahaha I DEFINITELY noticed this! Elton John and David Bowie have more similarities than originally thought ;)
  13. Tim

Tim Member

Rich Little is great at what he does, no doubt.

Shame he's such an a**hole in real life.
  14. Tim

Tim Member

15. MGov

MGov New Member

Yes. I know. I've used a monitor once or twice.

I was trying to come up with a way of mentioning Elton John's skin tight pink bodysuit and lack of panty line that would be appropriate for all ages on this board.

Guess I was being TOO subtle.
  16. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Well, it's been a while since I posted here, but I thought I'd comment on the Petula Clark episode. I have to admit, I was disappointed with Kermit when I saw it. He wouldn't let Mickey hang around backstage just because of his name. That would be like not wanting Gonzo around just because he's weird. I mean, Kermit's a great character and all, but you have to admit, that was pretty cruel of him. Anyone else agree.
  17. Telly

Telly Active Member

I love the character of Kermit because (to me) he has the most realistic characteristics of an average human. Even frogs can get jealous. :smirk:
  18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I have wondered about this...I can only assume that the lot of them are serious prefessionals. ;)
  19. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Are you serious?
  20. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

You mean Kermit is jealous of Mickey Mouse? I hadn't thought of that before, but you may be right. Though they did get along well in the "Muppets at Walt Disney World" special. Just something to think about.