Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The 60 Minutes behind-the-scenes segment and Of Muppets and Men are, I think, essential to Season 3 and Season 5 respectively (well, maybe not essential, but they make the most sense for Muppet Show releases).
Definitely, I hope those get put on the DVDs, they are the most obvious.

Skye

Reaction score
I love this set so far. I've only watched a few episodes, hehe, but I adore them! I'm lookin' forward to having a major fun Muppety time in the next couple of days! :big_grin:

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
I got mine the day it came out and couldnt stop watching it. I love the Rizzo/ Animal menus (poor Rizzo) Steve and Eric at their bests.:sing:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Has anybody that ordered Season 2 from Amazon gotten their's yet? Mine still says preparing for shipping with expected shipping of August 20-22nd. I ordered from Amazon because it helps support MC but this is getting frustrating. Any reason they can't ship it earlier?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
As essential as the 60 Minutes appearance is to the third season, I wodner if Disney would go as far as to get the rights to that show for the third season set. Disney did get the rights to the Weezer video (which I'd expect to be owned by Geffen Records, though I didn't see any special copyright credits for that) then hopefully Disney would get this (by the way, does the whole show focus on the making of the Mupet Show, or is it just a 5-10 or longer minut segment?).

I have also started wondering if Disney would go as far as to attempt to get the rights to include The Tonight Show episode that Kermit hosted. I know that it's either an hour or 90 minutes, so Disney might more likely include a few clips, but that would be cool. Of course, the first two sets featured two discs with 6 episodes, a disc with 7 episodes, and the bonus features disc with 5 epsiodes. Maybe a future set could have 7 epsiodes on the first three discs and 3 episodes on disc 4 in order to allow for such a long feature.

I have also been thinking about a lot of other great Muppet productions that don't have much to do with the Muppet Show, but would be great to have as features. There could be the music videos for I'm Gonna Always Love You (though that'd be more appropriate for a DVD release of The Muppets Take Manhattan or Muppet Babies, though I'm not sure whether the music video's owned by Sony), Kokomo, Wipe Out, and/ or She Drives Me Crazy (aside from Kokomo on the It's Not Easy Being Green sing-along video, none of these have been commercially available). Or maybe the Polaroid commercials from the late-1970s/ early-1980s. Or the National Wildlife Federation public service announcements. Just as long as the Pizza Hut commercials aren't included as a bonus feature (they're not bad, but not the best of the Muppets work).

Regarding The Muppets Go Hollywood and The Muppets Go to the Movies: It would be great for either to be released on a TMS DVD. However, I think that The Muppets Go to the Movies would be a more appropriate feature. And I've never seen The Muppets Go Hollywood, so it'd be great to see that special. Maybe someday there'll be two-disc special editions of the movies featuring these specials. Of course, I've never thought of The Muppets Go tot he Movies as a promotional special for The Great Mupet Caper until I've read comments by people here referring to it as a promotional special (despite the fact that three clips from GMC appear in the special, and Hey a Movie is sung by the cast at the beginning). Perhaps these would do well as their own DVD releases, or maybe both could be released together on one DVD (maybe title it "The Muppets Go to the Movies and Hollywood").

I think that the Muppets, Magic and More festival (or whatever it was called) was held this weekend. Did anybody find out anything regarding the lack of morsels? Did anybody ask Dave Goelz if The Muppets on Muppets was specifically produced as a feature for this set or soemthign else?

Nyperold

Reaction score
One more t'ing... I'm glad I can hear, because these subtitles are like... nothing. Did they not get permission to reprint lyrics even for the sake of subtitling?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One more t'ing... I'm glad I can hear, because these subtitles are like... nothing. Did they not get permission to reprint lyrics even for the sake of subtitling?
And the song lyrics were subtitled on the first season set.

morthimmer

Reaction score
Has anybody that ordered Season 2 from Amazon gotten their's yet? Mine still says preparing for shipping with expected shipping of August 20-22nd. I ordered from Amazon because it helps support MC but this is getting frustrating. Any reason they can't ship it earlier?
I ordered from Amazon for two reasons, because is the only way I could buy it living out of the USA, and the second reason is the same as you, to support MC. I think the shipping estimates depends on when you've placed your order and the number of sets they have to sell. I placed my order on July, 16th. and I received the email of "already shipped" this past monday, 6th. one day before the official release date. It supose I'll receive it on August 20-24th, and dates in Amazon are always on time, I mean, when I bought them something before I always received the item the exactly day they told me. That seems like they sold out all the sets they had and need to wait to have more so they can shipp the orders left.

Barbarella

Reaction score
I too ordered this from Amazon. but it still has not arrived- so this weekend I went out to Walmart and bought it.

I have to say that I love it! Some of these episodes I have not seen since I was a kid- and it is amazing that I still remember them- even some of the dialog- clear as day!

And I think it's great that they got some of the huge names of the time as guest stars! Although I still think to myself, who the heck is Cleo Laine? I remember wondering that when I was little, and still wondering that now.
And I totally forgot about Jaye P Morgan. What was she famous for anyway, besides the Gong Show?

Anyway, I haven't gotten to the fourth disc yet- except to watch the Valentine show, which was the first thing I did when I brought it home. I can't wait for season 3- am I pushing things already?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
So far so good for me with this set. We've been busy / out of town, so I haven't had time to watch them all yet, but I've been enjoying them--some I haven't seen in forever! I do miss the Morsels from the first set though, even though I agree they weren't super-attractive. I always like an extra level of info and trivia. I hope they bring back something similar for Season 3.