Miss Piggy, annoying?

ploobis

Reaction score
Yeah they were a much better pair in the end, I love when he finds her in "Somebody Dance with Me." (Of course...that could have been a different Chicken...knowing Gonzo...lhmm...lol)
Yeah, To Gonzo all chickens look the same. :concern:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You are not alone in your distain for the pig. I love her in that she's a Muppet and in the way that Kermit brings the gang together, she is the needed self-centered diva/counter-Kermit. I see no problem with her, but as part of the ensemble.

There's a book by one of the Entertainment Weekly hack writers (another reason to dislike that rag) called Kissing Bill O'Reilly, Roasting Miss Piggy: 100 Things to Love and Hate About TV. This is not an endorsement of the book. In fact (from reading some content and critiques) how can one agree with a person with a dislike for Charlie Brown? :sympathy:

I remember him promoting this book on a news program and he made the point that the pig was over-promoted. Honestly, she used to be, but not so much anymore. Why would somebody buy a book on loves and hates when lists of that sort are available online for free? :wink:

In conclusion: I like the pig. Especially when she has something new to say (other than the standard "Kermie" shtick). Her divaesque attitude in interviews is fantastic and legendary! :mad:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I love Miss Piggy. I think her and I have a lot in common, and I love that she has the glamorous diva-attitude but can also be really funny and down to earth. In all honesty, if I were to say Miss Piggy was annoying, I would be saying I find myself annoying.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Do I find Piggy annoying? YES!

(Piggy suddenly comes in, and she doesn't look too happy)

Me: Oh, uh...hi Piggy...um...we were just talking about you...uh oh...
YIKES!

(Now she's getting really mad and ready to karate-chop me. What do I do? I RUN!)

YIKE! (And now she's chasing me)

(still running) I mean, NO! NO, I do not find her annoying! There! I said it! Now will you please stop chasing me? I'll be good!

:stick_out_tongue:

SweetMayhem

Reaction score
I think at the heart of it, Piggy is very insecure. She is always looking for validation (Love from the frog, desire to be in the spotlight) thus she gets easily frustrated and jealous when things don't go her way. Her violent tendencies are a way for her to remain dominant in her mind. She is quite a complex character. :wink:

Personally I liked her the most in the Muppet Show and Muppet Movie. While I understand why she's been updated with the times, I don't really like it. It just seems odd. It's like she's gone under the knife one too many times or something. Oh and you can put me in the category of karate chop fan. HIIII-YAAAA!:mad:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Miss Piggy....annoying?....nah...well,

she has been getting a little too over-exposed lately. I feel they should give their other Muppet charcthers, like :rolleyes: or :concern: a chance to shine in the spotlight. I mean, I'm not bashing Miss Piggy or anything, I just feel they should tone her down a bit. Besides, Eric also must've forgot his other signiture charcther to perform....:embarrassed: !

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
I LOVE Miss Piggy. i finf her to be very funny. one of the main reasons the muppets are funny. But i dont like how Eric J. makes her over react to little things. just to get the chop out. Soo yea

ploobis

Reaction score
Miss Piggy....annoying?....nah...well,

she has been getting a little too over-exposed lately. I feel they should give their other Muppet charcthers, like :rolleyes: or :concern: a chance to shine in the spotlight. I mean, I'm not bashing Miss Piggy or anything, I just feel they should tone her down a bit. Besides, Eric also must've forgot his other signiture charcther to perform....:embarrassed: !
I kinda feel the same way. Give the other Muppets a shot in the spotlight.

Thats why I was happy that Gonzo was the star of MFS!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm all for giving the other characters more exposure. But there is a fine line when you're developing characters and storylines. When you take the comic relief characters and put them in the lead role, they often end up losing what made them endearing in the first place.

Beauregard

Reaction score
In all fairness, every interview host wants her to karate chop him or her. They will say anything just to get a rise out of her. And it's not fair to lay the blame of Eric for giving in to them on that one. Of course when she appears there should be chopping...everyone expects it.

However...I agree, it is over used and she does over-react...but I really don't think she has much of a choice over it. She did very well on the Late, Late Show with Craige F when she resisted the chop, resisted the chop, resisted the chop, only to chop him anyway. That was funny, cute, and her final chop was unexpected.

The chop has always been about being "unexpected" but now it's expected. A muppet movie in which she doesn't get a fight is like having a Muppet movie without original muppet songs (Hint: MFS *cough*) But sometimes they do feel very thrown in there (Hint: VMC.)

I feel that her recent appearences have been slightly bland, and ever so slightly annoying...but, she has struck some comedy gold in there. Example: In one of the UK interviews she literally walked off camera and insisted she continue the interview from there. Also on Loose Women, she did not get cross. She smoothed things over and they all asked her advice and she was treated like a real star.

Many of the people doing the interview treat her a gimmick, a one-line joke, etc...Loose Women and Craig F treated her as a star and she rose to the occasion and made memorable appearences.