Miss Piggy, annoying?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Am I the only one who think Miss Piggy is an annoying character just because how she acts. She has a self pompas attitude to where she thinks she's better than everyone else.

Also, do you ever notice how she gets jealous if she sees Kermit flirting with someone else, yet she flirted with all the men that have appeard in the Muppet Show over the years. I believe Miss Piggy is a very insecure person er um pig.

ploobis

Reaction score
Am I the only one who think Miss Piggy is an annoying character just because how she acts. She has a self pompas attitude to where she thinks she's better than everyone else.

Also, do you ever notice how she gets jealous if she sees Kermit flirting with someone else, yet she flirted with all the men that have appeard in the Muppet Show over the years. I believe Miss Piggy is a very insecure person er um pig.
I kinda feel the same thing about Piggy.

I always hated when she karate chops Kermit even when she loves him! I even hate the fact that she thinks she's better then the other Muppets! She never sez anything nice about Fozzie, Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepe or Floyd.

She is a real Ham!

peyjenk

Reaction score
I've never had a problem with her, but I know that my dad has often expressed the same sentiments that you have.

I really like Piggy. I like the way that she is just a mixture of contradictions: a pig who is a superstar who is a karate expert who is a megalomaniac who is so vulnerable. She displays a real humanity-- hog warts and all.

BEAR

Reaction score
She's actually quite sweet in the Muppet films. Sure, she is still the same diva pig, but she has a real warm side to her as well.

ploobis

Reaction score
She's actually quite sweet in the Muppet films. Sure, she is still the same diva pig, but she has a real warm side to her as well.
You have a good point about her good side. It's her Hammy side I'm not that found of.

I did like Piggy in the classic Vet's Hospital sketches with Rowlf (AKA Dr. Bob) and Nurse Janice. :mad: :sympathy: :flirt:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm a huge Piggy supporter, hehe. Frank Oz is wonderful with characters who get extremely annoyed and frustrated when life doesn't go their way (Grover and Bert are other good examples of this).

She's also unique regarding women in Television. She's not just prissy and sweet. Nor is she the cliche tom boy.

Plus I admire Piggy for her part in the Piggy/Kermit relationship. Here's this lady Pig, and everyone probably expected her to marry a nice boy Pig. But she chose to break away from tradition and expectation, because she saw someone better for her. And she doesn't care that Kermit's a Frog and not a Pig like her. In fact, it's one of the things she adores about him. I think she provides a great example for women and non traditional couples.

ploobis

Reaction score
Frank Oz is HILARIOUS with Piggy! Especially when see makes TV appearances.

Frank was funny as Piggy on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in 1996 or 1997.

I like Piggy when she's doing some of Frank's kind of humor. I guess I just don't like it when Piggy gets violent, Especially with Kermit.

I'm sorry but I'm just not found of her karate chops. I mean Kermit was her boss on The Muppet Show and she thinks that she's the boss!

I event felt kinda bad when she karate chops Gonzo when he had a crush on her in episode 24.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I did feel a bad for Gonzo's it's true. Though he started becoming slightly stalker like in that episode, lol.

I felt even worse for Gonzo on Muppet Babies having a crush on that pickey Pig, hehe.

ploobis

Reaction score
Yeah I did feel a bad for Gonzo's it's true. Though he started becoming slightly stalker like in that episode, lol.

I felt even worse for Gonzo on Muppet Babies having a crush on that pickey Pig, hehe.
At least now Gonzo still has his real true love Camilla! :concern:

You can tell that Gonzo had come to his sences about Piggy in the Muppets On The Muppets interviews.

Gonzo: "It's was nothing, It was just something that happend in the 70's."

Rizzo: "What happend with you and Piggy?"

Gonzo: "Oh I had a little crush on her, I don't want to talk about it!"

:concern:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
At least now Gonzo still has his real true love Camilla! :concern:
Yeah they were a much better pair in the end, I love when he finds her in "Somebody Dance with Me." (Of course...that could have been a different Chicken...knowing Gonzo...hmm...lol)