Miss Piggy, annoying?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm all for giving the other characters more exposure. But there is a fine line when you're developing characters and storylines. When you take the comic relief characters and put them in the lead role, they often end up losing what made them endearing in the first place.
Could it be that some Muppet Show viewers see the pig as I see Elmo on Sesame Street? A little goes a long way. :mad: However I never minded the pig so much, but I can see how others would differ. :zany:

MWoO

Reaction score
In all fairness, every interview host wants her to karate chop him or her. They will say anything just to get a rise out of her. And it's not fair to lay the blame of Eric for giving in to them on that one. Of course when she appears there should be chopping...everyone expects it.

However...I agree, it is over used and she does over-react...but I really don't think she has much of a choice over it. She did very well on the Late, Late Show with Craige F when she resisted the chop, resisted the chop, resisted the chop, only to chop him anyway. That was funny, cute, and her final chop was unexpected.

The chop has always been about being "unexpected" but now it's expected. A muppet movie in which she doesn't get a fight is like having a Muppet movie without original muppet songs (Hint: MFS *cough*) But sometimes they do feel very thrown in there (Hint: VMC.)

I feel that her recent appearences have been slightly bland, and ever so slightly annoying...but, she has struck some comedy gold in there. Example: In one of the UK interviews she literally walked off camera and insisted she continue the interview from there. Also on Loose Women, she did not get cross. She smoothed things over and they all asked her advice and she was treated like a real star.

Many of the people doing the interview treat her a gimmick, a one-line joke, etc...Loose Women and Craig F treated her as a star and she rose to the occasion and made memorable appearences.
Are these appearance on youtube?

Another place where Piggy was funny was the "I've got you babe" skit she and Kermit did on TV land. It was rather good and took the frog and pig back to their roots.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Are these appearance on youtube?

Another place where Piggy was funny was the "I've got you babe" skit she and Kermit did on TV land. It was rather good and took the frog and pig back to their roots.
The new ones are all somewhere on Swinehearts. I think the Craige Fergusan one is there somewhere too. Maybe on archieves?

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I don't really think Miss Piggy is so overrated or annoying. And even if she is, any good publicity the Muppets gets is well [FONT=&quot]deserved[/FONT], I don't care who the character is. The sad fact of the matter is that there really isn't much Muppets merchandise out there (or not enough for my tastes) or enough love of the Muppets, that includes Piggy.

Piggy can have her moments that do make her seem annoying diva, but she is actually a well rounded character (no pun intended), especially in the movies. I think it's neat for a female lead to be able to stand up for herself.