The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Can't be of any help.

However check out the thread Classic Clips on the SST. Workshop's Site which does have some other Judy Collins related stuff.

Also remember when she sang.

This a song without a reason a song without a rhyme?

Love to see that turn up.

dietrich

Reaction score
I'm really curious to see if anyone remembers a sketch I only saw once. In it Maria and Olivia play farm girls who count sheep to fall asleep. After they fall asleep, two sheep count people to fall asleep. does anyone remember that sketch?
Does any one remember this sketch? I'm sure that it happened, but I only have a few fuzzy memories of it

NantoSeiken

Reaction score
Here's a skit I haven't seen in over 30 years. It's a stop motion film about different foods, with lyrics listing all of the different foods that appear, to the tune of "Pomp & Circumstance". The last line of the song is "fresh, creamery butter and blueberry pie", repeated twice.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Here's a skit I haven't seen in over 30 years. It's a stop motion film about different foods, with lyrics listing all of the different foods that appear, to the tune of "Pomp & Circumstance". The last line of the song is "fresh, creamery butter and blueberry pie", repeated twice.
That's a fun one, but was actually from "Electric Company." I amazingly recall that one played at the end of one episode. I'd love to see it again!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, that's a load of rich, creamery butter....

(Sorry... couldn't resist :stick_out_tongue: )

NantoSeiken

Reaction score
That's a fun one, but was actually from "Electric Company." I amazingly recall that one played at the end of one episode. I'd love to see it again!
Funny that I didn't remember that, considering what a hardcore Electric Company fan I am. Thanks for the correction, SesameGuy. I wouldn't be surprised if they used that segment for the end of a Friday episode, since TEC often seemed to save the big showstoppers for Fridays.

Getting back on topic, here are a couple Oscar the Grouch scenes that I haven't seen in many years. One of them was a street scene plot that involved some female grouch with mystical powers (his fairy grouchmother perhaps?) who kept punishing Oscar by giving him a nose.

Another is a scene with Buffy singing a song to Oscar that went "Doodily, doodily, doodily, doodily, yuckity, yuckity, yuckity, yuckity...". Oscar was getting into the song, until Buffy changed the lyrics to "kissedy, kissedy, kissedy, kissedy, huggity, huggity, huggity, huggity...", much to Oscar's chagrin.

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
I have been searching all over for an old clip. It was live action and about ice fishing in Alaska. It had a young boy who went ice fishing with his dad, then they are shown eating the fish, and the kid says, "I really like fish". I have checked the classic clips on the SST Workshop website and youtube only to come up with nothing. It was such an insignificant clip, but it has been nagging at me since I realized I couldn't find it anywhere. I had quoted it at home, and my husband doesn't believe me that this clip exists, hence my trying so hard to find it. Does anybody remember this at all? (I am so hoping I did not dream this like my husband says, but my sister remembers it too!) Do you have any suggestions about where else I could look? Thanks for any help!

jsykes1

Reaction score
One foot two foot

Ok, I've been having an argument with a friend. They tell me I'm imagining things and I'm not. Someone help me out. Does anyone remember a video from the 70's on Sesame Street that had a song that went "One foot, two foot, whatcha gonna do foot?" Am I crazy, or is that a real song? If so,what's it called? Does anyone have, or know where I can get a copy of that clip? I must be vindicated!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I don't know exactly what the song was called though I just call it the foot song.

Hopping it gets put on youtube or the SS video site.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Ok, I've been having an argument with a friend. They tell me I'm imagining things and I'm not. Someone help me out. Does anyone remember a video from the 70's on Sesame Street that had a song that went "One foot, two foot, whatcha gonna do foot?" Am I crazy, or is that a real song? If so,what's it called? Does anyone have, or know where I can get a copy of that clip? I must be vindicated!

A clip does exist- but I haven't seen it in ages. It was Joe Raposo singing, and they had shots of all different feet.

I do remember a verse "Thin feet (shot of bird feet), fat feet (an elephant) wipe them on the mat feet (wiping muddy feet on a Welcome mat before going in the house).

So yes, you're partially vindicated. Where you can see or hear this song, I wish I could be more help. But at least you know it does exist, and you're not hallucinating it.