1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by catabor, Feb 11, 2008.

1. dietrich

dietrich Member

I'm really curious to see if anyone remembers a sketch I only saw once. In it Maria and Olivia play farm girls who count sheep to fall asleep. After they fall asleep, two sheep count people to fall asleep. does anyone remember that sketch?
  2. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Alphabet Polka

This song aired in two versions: the first had Slimey and a polka band performing it near Oscar's can, the second had the whole cast singing as they danced down the street on a "silly day". I remember most of the lyrics, which went like this:

A and B and C and D
    E and F and how 'bout G?
    Hey! Do the Alphabet Polka!
    H and I and then comes J
    (Don't forget the letter K!)
    L and M and N-O-P
    Q and R and S and T
    Then we come to U and V
    W and X-Y-Z
    [forgotten lines here]
    The earlier variant (at Oscar's can) rhymed "alphabet" with "Slimey and his clarinet"; the later, full-cast variant rhymed it with "everyone get ready, set". Do any of you remember the missing lines? Please post them here if you do; I'd love to put this in the Lyrics Archive!
  3. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I'm trying to look for a song (sounding like something written by Joe Raposo) that had several kids playing in a park and running around and through trees and playground equipment. It was possibly from the late '80s or early '90s. I can't seem to find it anywhere on YT or Sesamestreet.org, so please help me!

It's not "Drink of Water", BTW.
  4. EepOrpEepOpOp

EepOrpEepOpOp New Member

I have two!

The first is a Canadian short with a little boy and an alien. The alien sings something about how the moon in June looks like a big balloon, and something about Saskatoon. The little boy ends the skit with "La Lune".

The second is, I believe, a News Flash with Rapunzel, but it isn't the classic one all over youtube. Prince Charming calls his lackey ("Oh Lackey!") and they finally decide that, instead of "Rapunzel Rapunzel, let down your hair!" it should be "Come sown the stair".
  5. dietrich

dietrich Member

I didn't know that there were two Rapunzel Newsflashes. It makes you wonder just how many Muppet sketches from the 70's and 80's we're unaware of
  6. RugbyCutie

RugbyCutie New Member

I have two; both are animated...

The first appeared to be older and featured a singing turtle whom I think also sang "Hey Diddle Diddle" in another sketch. It was a counting song that worked much the same way as "The Twelve Days of Christmas", beginning with one and repeating all the numbers backwards after each verse. I can remember this much:

"Three, three, the dragonflies...
    Two, two, the little green frogs, jumping on the lilypads...
    One is one and only one and ever more shall be so."

Edit: Just found it! It's "Green Grow the Rushes" (and it must be fairly well-known too, as it's on the official SST Youtube channel). ^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1q5PUGGW5E&feature=channel_page

The second was fairly newer and featured a person's ear and a cotton swab silhoutted against a white (maybe pale yellow) background. The cotton swab was explaining to the ear that it needed to be cleaned and the ear only replied in grunts. I always found it kind of peculiar, even for SST. =/
  7. clipjj27

clipjj27 Member

Hi,

A lot of you who recognize my name might know that I am interested in looking for the following live-action clips:

1. 'Fred, get me a 20' - a man (Joe Raposo) gets sent on a mission to find a 20, finds the numbers 11 through 19 along the way, and runs into a gorilla (and the 20) at the end.

2. The five other clips featuring the gymnast with blonde hair - 'around,' 'beginning/end,' 'close to/away from,' 'over/under,' and 'slow.'

3. 'Beginning/end' - five stop-motion clips (mother making sandwich, kids waiting in line, man eating hot dog, man painting picture, and barber giving haircut).

4. Scuba diver - one clip where he finds five shells underwater, counts them on the shore, and is surprised by a crab, and one where kids say 'Boo!' and he swims 'away from' them.

5. Post office song - hip song about mail delivery where one of the lines goes '...to the post office where it will stay, for just one day...'

However, what about the following clips as well?

1. Animated 'tree on man's head' - Scottish bagpipe music plays in background

2. 'Danger' (live-action) man reads newspaper as he walks along, barely avoiding dangerous things, then runs into something (revolving door?) at the end.

3. David and Maria (live-action) are supposed to meet each other in a park but can't find each other. 'Over' and 'under' are demonstrated and synthesizer-like music is played in the background.

4. Chewing gum factory - kids (live-action) tour a chewing gum factory with flute-like music playing in the background. 'Don't swallow it!' is one of the last lines said (it being the gum!)

5. Figure skater - one clip where she skates forward, then backward, and one where she (same person?) skates to the tune of 'Don't you know you're beautiful?' (both live-action)

6. Circles on film - a circle 'wraps' itself around several live-action objects, an 'OK' sign being one of them.

7. Horses and heavy loads (live) - horses try to pull heavier and heavier loads until they can't do it anymore - Raposo music.

I've been looking for the ones in the first list for quite some time, and the ones in the second list have more recently acquired my interest. Thanks in advance to anyone who knows of these.
  8. itcomagic

itcomagic New Member

Alien Arms and Fruit

I am looking for the name of (or at least a lead) on a sketch that I think involved a couple of aliens. One of their arms were in the straight above their head position, and the other's was in the down by their side position. They had to work together to try and get some fruit out of a tree or somesuch. Ring a bell to anyone. Any help would be appreciated.
  9. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Oh, yes, you're probably thinking of the sketch with the Geefle and the Gonk. Check the articles for either of these characters at Muppet Wiki, as they might have some info on where the sketch was released if at all. Hope this helps and welcome to MC.
  10. AshleyC

AshleyC New Member

Judy Collins clip?

I'm trying to find Judy Collins singing Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. I know it's on the record The Stars Come Out on Sesame Street, but I haven't been able to get hold of that. Does anyone have a digital file?
    Many thanks,
    Ashley
  11. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Can't be of any help.

However check out the thread Classic Clips on the SST. Workshop's Site which does have some other Judy Collins related stuff.

Also remember when she sang.

This a song without a reason a song without a rhyme?

Love to see that turn up.
  12. dietrich

dietrich Member

Does any one remember this sketch? I'm sure that it happened, but I only have a few fuzzy memories of it
  13. NantoSeiken

NantoSeiken Member

Here's a skit I haven't seen in over 30 years. It's a stop motion film about different foods, with lyrics listing all of the different foods that appear, to the tune of "Pomp & Circumstance". The last line of the song is "fresh, creamery butter and blueberry pie", repeated twice.
  14. sesameguy

sesameguy Member

That's a fun one, but was actually from "Electric Company." I amazingly recall that one played at the end of one episode. I'd love to see it again!
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Oh, that's a load of rich, creamery butter....

(Sorry... couldn't resist :p )
  16. NantoSeiken

NantoSeiken Member

Funny that I didn't remember that, considering what a hardcore Electric Company fan I am. Thanks for the correction, SesameGuy. I wouldn't be surprised if they used that segment for the end of a Friday episode, since TEC often seemed to save the big showstoppers for Fridays.

Getting back on topic, here are a couple Oscar the Grouch scenes that I haven't seen in many years. One of them was a street scene plot that involved some female grouch with mystical powers (his fairy grouchmother perhaps?) who kept punishing Oscar by giving him a nose.

Another is a scene with Buffy singing a song to Oscar that went "Doodily, doodily, doodily, doodily, yuckity, yuckity, yuckity, yuckity...". Oscar was getting into the song, until Buffy changed the lyrics to "kissedy, kissedy, kissedy, kissedy, huggity, huggity, huggity, huggity...", much to Oscar's chagrin.
  17. PurpleHonker

PurpleHonker New Member

I have been searching all over for an old clip. It was live action and about ice fishing in Alaska. It had a young boy who went ice fishing with his dad, then they are shown eating the fish, and the kid says, "I really like fish". I have checked the classic clips on the SST Workshop website and youtube only to come up with nothing. It was such an insignificant clip, but it has been nagging at me since I realized I couldn't find it anywhere. I had quoted it at home, and my husband doesn't believe me that this clip exists, hence my trying so hard to find it. Does anybody remember this at all? (I am so hoping I did not dream this like my husband says, but my sister remembers it too!) Do you have any suggestions about where else I could look? Thanks for any help!
  18. jsykes1

jsykes1 New Member

One foot two foot

Ok, I've been having an argument with a friend. They tell me I'm imagining things and I'm not. Someone help me out. Does anyone remember a video from the 70's on Sesame Street that had a song that went "One foot, two foot, whatcha gonna do foot?" Am I crazy, or is that a real song? If so,what's it called? Does anyone have, or know where I can get a copy of that clip? I must be vindicated!
  19. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

I don't know exactly what the song was called though I just call it the foot song.

Hopping it gets put on youtube or the SS video site.
  20. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

A clip does exist- but I haven't seen it in ages. It was Joe Raposo singing, and they had shots of all different feet.

I do remember a verse "Thin feet (shot of bird feet), fat feet (an elephant) wipe them on the mat feet (wiping muddy feet on a Welcome mat before going in the house).

So yes, you're partially vindicated. Where you can see or hear this song, I wish I could be more help. But at least you know it does exist, and you're not hallucinating it.