1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by catabor, Feb 11, 2008.

1. ISNorden Active Member

Muppet Cowboy X--anyone else seen him?

Sometime in the late 80s/early 90s, I distinctly recall Cowboy X appearing as a Large Lavender Live Hands puppet, along with a separate Cowboy O Muppet who looked similar except for the letter on his hat. The plot of their episode centered on a dispute: each cowboy wanted to tag everything on Sesame Street with his trademark, much as the original cartoon vandal did. One of the adult humans (Susan or Maria, I think) ended the dispute by teaching the cowboys to cooperate; they could each mark an X or an O by playing tic-tac-toe on a huge piece of paper. (In fact, I could swear Elmo piped up with "Tic-tac-toe!" when the sponsors were announced offscreen at the end...) Does anyone else remember this episode, especially other details of the cowboy characters?
  2. mikebennidict New Member

The Muppet Cowboy X was basically doing the same thing just like the 1 in the cartoon, putting X's everywhere and they decided to try to have him put X's where they should be.

There was no Cowboy O in the street skit, or at least not that I recall.
  3. ISNorden Active Member

At least two episodes had the Muppet version of Cowboy X in them...one probably followed the plot Mike described, but the other one definitely included a dispute with a Muppet Cowboy O. (Without him, the conflict over letters and the tic-tac-toe compromise wouldn't have made sense!)
  4. ISNorden Active Member

That reminds me, I was wondering where they got the scene for the H in that 25th anniversary alphabet montage? Buffy probably wasn't acting on Sesame Street after Elmo's debut, but the lyrics you quoted remind me of that scene. (Oscar was very out-of-character there, holding Elmo and saying "Huggity hug hug hug...") Has anyone else seen that Oscar/Elmo moment in its original context?
  5. Avalon New Member

Segment Search (Longshot): Oscar plays Japanese drums

Hi everyone. I was wondering if someone might be able to help me out.

I recently saw, in a presentation, a video clip of Oscar playing Japanese drums while wearing a coat similar to what taiko groups normally wear. I've been able to find next to no information about when this was aired; all I know is that the segment also featured Oscar talking with a member of the group (Alan Okada, from Soh Daiko in NYC).

Given that I don't know the season, or episode, or anything really, I know it's a HUGE longshot, but even still I thought I'd send it out there, see if someone might have a clue to point me in some sort of direction in what is probably going to turn into a wild goose chase.

Thanks!
  6. MrsPepper Active Member

Well, this isn't Oscar, but it IS Grover, and he is playing Taiko drums!

Go to http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Global_Grover and scroll down to where it says "Hawaii Taiko drums". Muppet Wiki is your friend! :D

I hope this is what you are looking for!
  7. Avalon New Member

Thanks for the response.

I've actually already came across that one, and have a mpg of it. Admittedly, it's quite a bit easier to track down. :p

The Oscar segment looks to be one filmed on location, rather than a studio-based on like the Grover segment. Unfortunately, I've only seen it projected on a screen (on a DVD, at that). I'll try to see if I can get a screenshot or something.
  8. jsykes1 New Member

Was there a scene where someone randomly shakes a black girls foot or shakes her shoe off?
  9. GonzoLeaper Active Member

Okay- I'm looking for any episodes of Sesame Street featuring this character.
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Old_McDougal

I recall the sketches mentioned on the Wiki page, but if I remember correctly I also recall seeing an episode as a child in the 1980s with him in the street scenes. Does anyone else concur with that?:confused::eek::search:
  10. Viewaskewbian New Member

I Don't Want to Live On The Moon

So, with all the hoopla around the 40th I was reminded of a lot of Sesame Street from my youth and went out to pick up the Old School sets and ordered the new DVD release for next week. However, it seems to me that none of these releases have my favorite Sesame Clip: I Don't Want to Live On The Moon. In the booklet for Old School Vol. 2 it mentions the song but it doesn't seem to appear on the DVD. Where can I find this clip other then Youtube?

Thank you
  11. GonzoLeaper Active Member

The original version of Ernie's classic "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" can be found on the VHS release- "The Best of Ernie and Bert".
    It's also on the VHS and later DVD rerelease of "Sesame Street's 25th. Birthday: A Musical Celebration" (albeit with the intro cut)
    And then there's a version that Ernie sang with Shawn Colvin on the 1998 Sesame Street VHS and DVD release- "Elmopalooza".:p
  12. Islandersb New Member

Song of the Number 1

I was the "1 Belly Button" boy exposing my navel in this segment shown on Sesame Street. I have searched high and low and have found the falling baker segments for 2 through 10 but have never been able to find my segment in which the baker falls on a wedding cake. If anyone has it please email me directly at Islandersb@aol.com

Thanks,

John
  13. The Count Moderator

Hi Islandersb, and welcome to Muppet Central. Fortunately for you, the Song of the Number 1/Falling Baker 1 is amongst the Season 1 segments that will be included in the commemorative 2-disc DVD set to be released tomorrow, Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days. So if you happen to buy it, you'll find it there along with a veritable gold mine of SST from each and every one of all forty seasons.

Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.
  14. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

And if you can't wait until tomorrow to see it again, you can watch it for free at sesamestreet.org. It's titled "Baker #1" over there.

It's ironic... Islandersb was in a 1 film, and when he made his post he only had 1 post... And that's the thread of one!
  15. JaniceFerSure Active Member

I am curious if you are John Henson, Jim Henson's son; I watched the video at SesameStreet.org. Welcome to Muppet Central.:)
  16. whatevergonzo New Member

I have been looking for a Grover sketch. It is from episode 3975 where Grover is a music conductor. I haven't been able to find it anywhere online.
  17. Islandersb New Member

No I am not Jim's son. My father was Jim's accountant and he asked my dad if I'd like to be included in his TV show. I remember he gave me $20 to appear and my mother made me give it back. Jim bought us all pizza that day instead. He was a very nice man.
  18. whatevergonzo New Member

19. BIGMuppetFan Member

Hey, After watching the Sesame Street 40 Years DVD it got me to think about another Big Bird Moment where he was at his Nest and was asked to Sell his Famous Picture of Mr. Hooper and I have not see that clip in a long time and I was wondering if any knew where that Clip was online or even if there was such a clip, I would just like to see it again after watching the clip about him coming to terms with Mr. Hooper's death.
  20. warewolf New Member

I remember watching an episode in 1987, I think (but it might have been a repeat) that had Bob showing Elmo how to blow up a raft. It was the first time I remember seeing Elmo, so I'd love to know what episode it was from.

Thanks!