Wall-E: The thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah I know. When they say that Labou unions are a bad thing, it's not wonder they are the biggest company in the world.:stick_out_tongue: It's funny because they still see Disney related merchandise.:smirk:
But then again, they ahd commercials featuring characters from Cars, and Dreamwork's Over the Hedge, and they were sort of critical about consumerism and gigantic megacorporations too. Of course, both films were a lot more subtle.

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
saw it

I saw the movie and thought it was cute. I did have a memory of the movie "Short Circuit" as well. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
The Incredibles (A+), Ratatouille (A), WALL-E (A-), Finding Nemo (A-), Monsters, Inc. (B), Toy Story 2 (B), Toy Story (B-), A Bug's Life (C).
My scale goes WALL-E, Toy Story 2, Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Monsters, Inc., Cars, Ratatouille, The Incredibles, A Bug's Life :smile:
Everyone has different stories they like better though (I base my rating on how much I like the story more than the visuals :smile: ). WALL-E is my new favorite :smile:.
WALL-E was soooo cute, even cuter than R2-D2, which to me is very cute :3
The fact that he makes the mac start up sound makes me all warm and fuzzy inside . *hugs Wall-e*

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I love this movie so much. "To infinity and beyond!" has been Pixar's unofficial motto for years... when WALL·E is holding onto the Axiom and touches Saturn's rings, it feels like they've reached it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I figured out the one improvement that would have made Wall-E worked even better for my taste. They totally should have "Charlie Browned" the people (in other words, their dialogue should have been unintelligible to the audience and their faces would not be seen). There were ways to tell the story without that. The Wall-E and Eve parts are what drive the film. I still love the movie. I just think that could have bumped it up my list to second rather than third fave.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I figured out the one improvement that would have made Wall-E worked even better for my taste. They totally should have "Charlie Browned" the people (in other words, their dialogue should have been unintelligible to the audience and their faces would not be seen). There were ways to tell the story without that. The Wall-E and Eve parts are what drive the film. I still love the movie. I just think that could have bumped it up my list to second rather than third fave.
I could see that working. But I think I would only have them "Charlie Browned" up until Wall-E knocked them off the chairs, then they could be understood.

I'm not sure how they would've approached the Captain if all the humans were unintelligeble though. :smirk:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I could see that working. But I think I would only have them "Charlie Browned" up until Wall-E knocked them off the chairs, then they could be understood.

I'm not sure how they would've approached the Captain if all the humans were unintelligeble though. :smirk:
I don't think that character was necessary in terms of a literal performance. Maybe his face and one actual line could have been saved from view to the end. I just felt that once the humans were brought in it was like Wall-E had encountered a less interesting movie...until he and his robot friends stole the scenes back.

However, I do like your chair idea. That could have been a great point to turn the tables and see the captain's face. However, I think his dialogue should have still been minimal. Heck, maybe even Wall-E has been away from people so long that his vocal recognition patterns for actual living human speach (as opposed to recorded voices) needed some sort of jolt to work.

I don't know. It is a fantastic film even with the people. It's just that for all the fabulous things Pixar accomplished with that film, the people still stand out to me. I'm really not a fan of Pixar humans (except when stylized in a Brad Bird helmed film). Since the first Toy Story that has been the case with me. I don't know why that is?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I loved this movie, it's amazing how you were able to feel what the robots feel without them really needing to say much. Loved it

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I agree with you about Pixar humans... the only ones I actually liked were The Incredibles and some of the ones in Ratatoullie. But the ones in Toy Story are just weird looking. Same with Finding Nemo. :smirk: