Fraggle Rock Panel at Comic Con 2008

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
Forgot to salute Grants guitar playing in those clips. Grant, the Man = You! Stellar work!
Thanks. :smile: When they called and asked if I'd do it I said"Hmmmm let me think....YES!"

I couldn't hear my guitar at all during the show so it's nice to hear it on those clips and find out that it wasn't as bad as I thought. :smile:

MattFraggle

Reaction score
I am so sad I missed this. I'm moving to Califonia in a few weeks to work on a tv show and I wish..I just wish...that I'd JUST had an earlier start date so I could have seen this panel.

Oh...the pain :}

beaker

Reaction score
Good find! There's also

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E_JxrgXEoDI&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HYQrkW7VSGk&feature=related

So surreal yet insanely awesome to see Red Fraggle after...what's it been since we last saw her...18 years? Last Fraggle character footage I recall was from 1993 on Good Morning America with Uncle Matt, and of course Sprocket from Muppet Treasure Island.

So no new news on the Fraggle movie? Just so wonderful to have Fraggle back; to many folks this seemed like a long buried franchise a decade ago.

beaker

Reaction score
they just brought their human along as a friend/pet :smile:. If you watch the 'Fraggles get jobs' video where they all are talking about life after the first FR series, there is a moment where you can see her head and Red says 'whoa, down girl!' or the like..and the magic is never broken IMHO :3"
I always considered "Fraggles Get Jobs" episode #97, or 96 2.0 or something:smile:

Is that included on any of the FR sets, or the upcoming one?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Good find! There's also

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E_JxrgXEoDI&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HYQrkW7VSGk&feature=related

So surreal yet insanely awesome to see Red Fraggle after...what's it been since we last saw her...18 years? Last Fraggle character footage I recall was from 1993 on Good Morning America with Uncle Matt, and of course Sprocket from Muppet Treasure Island.

So no new news on the Fraggle movie? Just so wonderful to have Fraggle back; to many folks this seemed like a long buried franchise a decade ago.
The best thing about it is you can hear everyone in the crowd go from a 'this is silly, but we'll just play along' tone, to really being into it a few moments later :excited:. We do remember the magic, we do :excited:!

Is that included on any of the FR sets, or the upcoming one?
Not in season 1-3, and we don't know about the 4th yet :smile:.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Like I said regarding Karen & Red, it matters not that Red is viewable on Karen's hand or that it is clearly notable that Karen's performing her, because--even out in the open--fans of several generations consider characters and their Muppeteers as two seperate beings, however linked. So, the magic can never be broken, as long as fans continue to believe in it! As much as some people claim that they've grown up past the magic of their childhood icons, their inner child comes out when those icons return, as this comic con event proves.

beaker

Reaction score
Like I said regarding Karen & Red, it matters not that Red is viewable on Karen's hand or that it is clearly notable that Karen's performing her, because--even out in the open--fans of several generations consider characters and their Muppeteers as two seperate beings, however linked. So, the magic can never be broken, as long as fans continue to believe in it! As much as some people claim that they've grown up past the magic of their childhood icons, their inner child comes out when those icons return, as this comic con event proves.
Nothing like seeing and interacting with a Muppet and their performer in person! And thankfully in the last 7 years we've seen more and more of this oppurtunity.

ATG

Reaction score
I had such a good time @ that panel! It was wonderful to see Karen with Red! That character is so iconic and Karen give her such energy! It's a joy to watch. I shot some vid of the panel (just snippets--I wanted to enjoy the show too!) and posted 'em on YouTube but, you guys already linked 'em! I am so glad Lionsgate ponied up the moola for this (getting Karen, Red, Dave, and Grant for the panel). It was awesome!