Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 26 18.7%

• Total voters

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
:smirk:
I remember allot of this bad over acting stuff on those old Nick shows like All That and Welcome Freshmen.
It also really reminds me of how people act on Barney and that's a show for babies...
You are absolutely right about the kids on Barney. I always thought Sesame Street had a knack for finding "real" kids, while Barney had these phony show-biz kids that completely overacted.

:stick_out_tongue:

SillyRed

Reaction score
It's a shame kids today don't care about the Muppets. :frown:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I was very pleasantly surprised. Granted, I feel the Muppets themselves may be a bit rusty, but this was a really good fit for them. A lot of performers don't know how to act around the Muppets, but the Disney kids were a great mix, especially the cast from Zac and Cody; it felt like an updated TMS. So my verdict? Good job, really good, not great, but I think with some fine tuning, this has phenominal potential.

gonzos speaking voice is much clearer and not so much gonzo.
I agree, this is what I was thinking when I said it needs some polishing, maybe Dave is just getting older, but I thought Gonzo was lacking his usual outrageous behavior.

The special was good. Though in my opinion, not as good as Muppet Tonight or It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie.
See, this is where I realize how diverse we fans are. IAVMMCM in particular is my most loathed Muppet production, I absolutely can't stand that movie. MT was okay at best for me. As a fan, I have a really hard time trying to appreciate certain aspects now without Jim. In general though, both our opinions bring up an interesting question: Are we, now in a world without Jim, supposed to be happy with just "okay" productions, simply happy our beloved Muppets are doing anything at all? Or do we have to admit that they'll never be even half as great as they once were?

...By the end I heard a sound. I think it was Jim rolling in his grave. :stick_out_tongue:
I know that feeling, but I honestly didn't get it this time. I've read a lot of posts also flaming the Disney tweens, but I have to be really honest here; in a world where the tween market is usually overrun with sexually explicit minors who swear and reference drugs all the time, the Disney kids are very refreshing, and while they're a bit over the top and corny, they embrace it, they're good kids (well, maybe not Miley), but in this day and age, I think they're good and wholesome, and gel really well with the Muppets, even if I personally feel Animal should have gone a bit crazier and chased Miley screaming "WOMAN! WOMAN!" after her number. :smile:

But loved all the Muppet wished Fozzie, Rowlf and The Pengiuns were going to show up at the last moment but it was still pretty cool. Can't wait for more to come.
I got really excited when I saw Rowlf in the title card but was disappointed when he wasn't actually in the special. Bill's been doing great with him. Unfortunately, Bill's Dr. Teeth and Rowlf are a little to similar.

I do have to mention though I was blown away that I couldn't see any arm rods. How'd they do that? They couldn't have digitally removed them. Am I just blind? Or do they have new tricks?

In a nutshell - I see Disney as laying the groundwork they can so that people better equipped to make actual product will receive an adequate audience of old fans and newcomers. It’s kind of a non-handling-handling of them.
That's how I felt too. Like this is all the start or a way of getting the Muppets out there in a different light for the upcoming movie.

Let me say this, and I've said it before but it really bears repeating. When I first joined MC, I was blasted for saying how disappointed I was with how the Muppets were being handled (this is pre-Disney). God forbid I had an opinion. I couldn't understand why, as fans, we were expected to just adore any piece of crap that had the frog in it, like we were supposed to be so grateful and happy that they were doing anything at all. Let's face the hard fact, the Muppets will never be what they were with Jim, or Frank, or Richard or Jerry, and who knows how much longer Dave will be in the game. That doesn't have to mean it's over for the Muppets, but I am so happy now to see that the majority of you will not put up with sub-par productions. My hope though is that we don't over play the blame card. It's easy to say Disney is an evil empire who will do anything to make money, but it's not fair to hold everyone else responsible for a dip in the quality of the Muppets. They're perfectly able to share some of that blame. I think this Studio DC is another step in the right direction. It's a different world from when the Muppets were all the way at the top. Maybe this is one way to get back there here in the 21st century.

I disagree. My 5 year old nephew, my 9 year old sister and a lot of their classmates really enjoy the Muppets, old school Muppets, not just Elmo. I'm actually really surprised how many kids I meet like the Muppets. I know it seems like kids today don't appreciate the things we did, but chin up; I believe it's the younger kids who will help bring the Muppets closer to their former glory.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Well what do you mean exactly by kids? Like what age group?
There are allot of people in the 15-20 age group I know personally who enjoy the Muppets and Jim's other creations.
But yes bellow that I can't really say I know any little children who enjoy this stuff but I really don't know that many small children besides the ones in my family and most of them watch those Disney Tween shows or Cartoon Network or Super Hero shows.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Well I am one who loves to see the Muppets in anything. I am just glad that they are doing ANYTHING with the Muppets since they have seemed to get the shaft over the years. I agree that I wished that they would do more of the original type Muppet shows but I will take them however I can get them. :flirt: Janice :flirt: is my favorite Muppet and her voice was totally not right, but I enjoyed it anyway because I felt she got alot of screen time. I wouldn't care if the Muppets hosted the barf awards, I would watch it and enjoy it. We need more Muppets in the world!

Kermit For President! hehehehehehe

Kermieuk

Reaction score

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Maybe I hang out with more educated kids (don't read ANYTHING sinister into that!) but I have a 12 year old and a 14 year old and both love the Muppets. They have the Great Muppet Caper and MCC on their ipod touches and frequently watch my DVD's. They genuinely do find the Muppets funny. Now, you may assume that this is my influence but I can assure you it isn't. My partner puts considerably more effort into dissuading the kids from liking the Muppets than I do persuading! Their friends are also fully aware of the Muppets and have been shown some of the movies through school (that never happened when I was a kid!) just before the holidays. One of their friends actually said to my partner on Saturday that we have the coolest house ever after seeing my MR Muppets above my Mac. I even had a friends 5 year old child come in the other day and he went through and named a number of my sideshow Muppet busts I have on display (much to my amazement!) I also frequently wear my Adidas Kermits to family functions and all my little cousins know exactly who Kermit is. The other day I even saw some of the girls in my office, whose ages range from 19-24, doing a Muppet quiz they had sent through on email. So from my experience, I still think the Muppets are very much a part of popular culture. Sure, most kids would not name check them in a list of their favourite characters but would any of them say Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny or the Flintstones?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
"puppets are for babies"
Will you PLEASE stop bringing that up? How do YOU know that's Miley Cyrus' personal opinion on puppets? It was the part written for her, and never once did she actually say those words (I don't think). Sheesh! I just wish people would drop that already!

Vic Romano said:
I was very pleasantly surprised. Granted, I feel the Muppets themselves may be a bit rusty, but this was a really good fit for them. A lot of performers don't know how to act around the Muppets, but the Disney kids were a great mix, especially the cast from Zac and Cody; it felt like an updated TMS. So my verdict? Good job, really good, not great, but I think with some fine tuning, this has phenominal potential.
That basically sums up how I felt about the specail. Good, and bringing in a lot of potential. I think more stuff is on the horizon.

Reevz1977

Reaction score