Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Drtooth

Reaction score
Issue 4 was amazing. We really had a nice spin on the Kermit Piggy relationship, keeping it sweet and yet volitile. No annoying fat jokes, no obnoxious behavior between the two of them, I have to say, Steve and Eric could learn a thing from Langridge here...

Speaking of which, his methods of drawing Piggy have come a long, long way. Out of the other 3 issues (and previews), I think this was the best looking Piggy he has drawn. I think he's really found his groove here.

And he actually took the action OUTSIDE of the theater. I hope this isn't the only time. It really gave it more depth.

As for the back ups... WOW... we even got the talking Houses getting a comic book appearance. Pigs in Space makes another regular, and glorious appearance (think this is my favorite of the bunch... I especially like how he handles Link). And we get Beauregard too. And even Randy and Andy make an appearance the way they should... silently.

Another great issue... can't wait for the Treasure of Peg Leg Wilson. I'll pick up Robin Hood by the end of the weekend...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is it just me, or do the opening two-page spreads seem to be getting smaller with each issue, leaving little room for more obscure characters? Of course most of them seem to include original characters as well.

And something that I thought would have been cool for those spreads: A short comic of Gonzo attempting to blow the horn, at the end side of the page. And hey, there could have been some sort of horn battle between Gonzo and Lips (see, Langridge, there's a natural way to work Lips into the comic!).

I also feel like these comic books should have had characters on-stage, in front of curtains, introducing acts, but these don't seem to happen. Sometimes the last panel on a page would segue into the next sketch, but not in the way I'm thinking. I think I'll be dissapointed if a Wayne and Wanda comic does not get introduced by Sam.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
While I found the online previews funny, I'm going to wait until they release the collection in book form before I buy it. I've never really had much luck with keeping magazines or comic books intact (even when I try hard). :embarrassed:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hi there... quick question for anyone who orders these comics online like I do. Does anyone have a reccommendation of a better online comic book store besides BOOM!'s website that I can use to order these? I ordered Muppet Robin Hood #2 from BOOM! 12 days ago and I still haven't gotten it (even though I purposely used priority shipping this time so I could get it faster). So any suggestions of a faster shipper would be much appreciated!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hi there... quick question for anyone who orders these comics online like I do. Does anyone have a reccommendation of a better online comic book store besides BOOM!'s website that I can use to order these? I ordered Muppet Robin Hood #2 from BOOM! 12 days ago and I still haven't gotten it (even though I purposely used priority shipping this time so I could get it faster). So any suggestions of a faster shipper would be much appreciated!
I do know that your Boom comics will eventually come and if you contact them they will respond. Mine took up to three weeks to get here. They are sluggishly slow to send them, but they did send an extra copy of comic one for the trouble.

I would expect that any supplier would be faster than three weeks. Hope you find one. Check out one of those comic book stores that sell the exclusive covers and they probably carry the regular assortment online as well.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I do know that your Boom comics will eventually come and if you contact them they will respond. Mine took up to three weeks to get here. They are sluggishly slow to send them, but they did send an extra copy of comic one for the trouble.

I would expect that any supplier would be faster than three weeks. Hope you find one. Check out one of those comic book stores that sell the exclusive covers and they probably carry the regular assortment online as well.
Yeah... I've gotten a special copy of TMS #1 too, for my extensive waiting period... but it's still just SO annoying to wait so incredibly long. That's the one and only complaint I've had with BOOM! so far, so I guess it's not a huge deal.

I was thinking of checking out Ultimate Comics. They've had my favorite variant covers (and the only ones I've bothered to purchase) so maybe they'll be able to ship faster too. Here's hoping! :big_grin:

grail

Reaction score
Something to remember is that BOOM! being an actual comic company and not solely a distributor, is directly in the middle of dealing with "convention season". Likely, their people that deal with shipping things are a little swamped getting stuff from one con to the next. I would bet that the problems lessen after Chicago and SDCC.

As for missing release dates...I wouldn't blame that on BOOM! either. Diamond really seems to be screwing with any company that isn't Marvel or DC lately, with books only partially shipping, if at all, sometimes until weeks after the date things went off to the printer and it went out of the production company's hands. (I know Red5 Comics have been having a similar problem with Atomic Robo recently) Diamond doesn't like to deal with the smaller companies because it means they have to pay more people to work on pull and pack for those books, and I'm really beginning to believe that they're purposely pulling this crap to damage some of the smaller studios. But I'm probably just paranoid in the face of the only monopoly I know of that actually gets away with being a monoply.

Anyway, loved the stuff that's out, can't wait for more!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just checked out Roger Langridge's blog, and he mentioned something about a "Pigs in Space" one-shot he'll be writing. Could this mean that he's actually writing and illustrating a full Pigs in Space comic?

Amy

Reaction score
yeah, as I'm sure I've mentioned once already - Boom! is not really a retailer, they're just the publisher and physically, they're not a BIG publisher either. The office staff is about a couple dozen people if that, so I imagine there isn't some dedicated system of order-filling and delivery like with a major comics retailer, like Midtown Comics.

I maintain people who want reasonably efficient delivery should go with an online retailer or local comic store rather than try and get them direct from the publisher, you're not really gaining anything over a regular comic store by doing so.