Least likeable Sesame character?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I will agree with Drtooth that Monster Clubhouse is the worst thing EVER to happen on Sesame Street! I mean, as bad as Elmo's World is, at least it has some educational value!
No... the worst thing was "Time to Play." But Monster Clubhouse was a pretty lame segment. Seemed like something that would work on another show, or as another show... but is just seemed too frantic and it relied on the same jokes every single episode. Though I still think the quote "Furry Triangle feels good." is one of the best (and most easily misconstrued as something dirty) quotes in the show's history.

mr3urious

Reaction score
No... the worst thing was "Time to Play." But Monster Clubhouse was a pretty lame segment. Seemed like something that would work on another show, or as another show... but is just seemed too frantic and it relied on the same jokes every single episode. Though I still think the quote "Furry Triangle feels good." is one of the best (and most easily misconstrued as something dirty) quotes in the show's history.
Well, I haven't seen "Time to Play", so I can't really comment on that. Plus, I'm having a bit of trouble finding them on the SS website, since it's lagging like crazy. :grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I haven't seen "Time to Play", so I can't really comment on that. Plus, I'm having a bit of trouble finding them on the SS website, since it's lagging like crazy. :grouchy:
That's another thread for another time, but trust me. It was just atrocious. Like your TV was inexplicably tuned to another channel and show for 5 or 10 minutes. So bad, in fact, SW pulled it after one season (considering Journey to Ernie was at least retooled and taken off a few seasons later). I'd doubt that SW would acknowledge it on it's site.

Anyway, I might as well add some least likable Non-Muppet characters:

Jane Tuesday's Brother- someone PLEASE give that kid some decaf. Dude needs to chill out.

Phylis and Larry- I have to say, I have a soft spot for what I've seen of Buddy and Jim... I still say they were a place holder for newer muppet characters. But that one felt sort of like the old comedic duo like Abbot and Costello... one was just slightly less stupid than the other. Phylis and Larry (of what I've seen) seems like a really bad Burns and Allen, but they're both as dumb as Gracie. Plus that segment where they make "music" by moaning... like nails on a chalk board.

and who could leave out
Alphaboy- I LOVE Superhero parodies... too bad it isn't one. It's something that seems like a cute idea on paper, but it really didn't do anything but take time away from better sketches, if you ask me.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
3. Fuzzyface (Grover's predecessor with the greenish-brown fur). He was abrasive, insensitive and bossy compared to the lovable blue Muppet who took his place later.
Well, that's probably why they changed him into the kind blue monster we know and love today. I think the least likeable character for me would probably be the elephant, but I'll try to think of more ideas.

Kiki

Reaction score
Rodeo Rosie- It's killing me to pick on an old character... especially since I like how the character looks, and her overall design... but her intoduction skit showed showed that she was abrasive, bossy, loud, and came on waaaaaaay too strong. Her entrance is random, too... and somehow comes off exactly like the Poochie skit from The Simpsons.
ROFL, I totally agree with that! I find her somewhat cute, but just very overzealous, and I agree that her first appearance on the show was very out-of-the-blue and judging by first impressions she did seem really bossy and loud and... dude, she was just lying to everyone!

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Well, that's probably why they changed him into the kind blue monster we know and love today. I think the least likeable character for me would probably be the elephant, but I'll try to think of more ideas.
Oh man, that elephant has GOT to go! It reminds me of a family member...but I won't go there. (annoying voice...) I never cared for Baby Bear, Telly or Zoe either...just a bunch of hyperbolic whiny kids. I think that the newer muppets lack the depth and ability to transcend to the adult audience that made the classic characters so special. Ernie and Bert's daily conflicts and their differences made for some great entertainment and even some adult couples, be they roommates, married couples or siblings, etc, could relate to many of the things they went through together (and no, this isn't a "Bert and Ernie" are gay reference...I am so sick of hearing that). I could go on, but I think you guys konow what I'm getting at.

Bob1995

Reaction score
Elmo's World seemed like a botched reponse to the "interactive" Children's shows of the 90's like Blue's Clues (which I used to watch when I was kid) Bear and the Big Blue House (which was a great show in the first place) and that stupid purple dinosaur tv show which I will not mention under any circumstances. If anything, it was an unnecessarilly weak segment to a smart show like Sesame Street. :smirk:

Nick22

Reaction score
Elmo's World seemed like a botched reponse to the "interactive" Children's shows of the 90's like Blue's Clues (which I used to watch when I was kid) Bear and the Big Blue House (which was a great show in the first place) and that stupid purple dinosaur tv show which I will not mention under any circumstances. If anything, it was an unnecessarilly weak segment to a smart show like Sesame Street. :smirk:
i HATED blue's clues. i never liked. i always loved SST.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Least likable you say? Hmmm...this one's a toughy. I love all of SS's muppets, no doubt, but if I had too choose...it would have to be Baby Bear. I loved him as a child, but lately I've found him so freaking annyoning! I guess you can outgrow a childhood favorite huh? But you know what character has grown on me? The Count. Ya know, at first (as a child), I never quite understood Count. I mean, I really hated math and whenever I saw Count I always knew he would do something that involved counting, which I hated. But as I've gotten older, The Count seems like a nice fella. That's why I like him a lot. Vonderful! Ah-ah-ah!:batty:

(bad pun) :embarrassed: