Least likeable Sesame character?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
There's probably a few. But 1 I hate is Grover.

Can't stand how he talks about how cute he is.

Some of the skits he's been in I've liked, including him singing, Still we like each other which is in the SST video collection, but otherwise I don't see much in him.

Bob1995

Reaction score
Do you have any specific reasons, or will this just be a listing thread? It's okay that you don't like him and everything, but the conversation will be a lot more interesting if you state the reasons why, the reasons why the character doesn't work.

But I'll continue the list with some other characters...

Elizabeth and Little Murray Sparkles- Okay, so maybe not Murray... he's a cute puppet and everything... but the whole point of the character is to say how cute and lovable her cat is.... something about it rubs me the wrong way, since she comes off extremely flat as a character. Somehow I wish the cat would have been somehow displeased with her... sort of like how animals react to Elmyra of Tiny Toons... or somehow like the cat think's what she's doing is undignified. Plus, the whole overly proud of someone or something doing nothing special has been taken by Humphry and Ingrid, who did it much, much funnier.

Rodeo Rosie- It's killing me to pick on an old character... especially since I like how the character looks, and her overall design... but her intoduction skit showed showed that she was abrasive, bossy, loud, and came on waaaaaaay too strong. Her entrance is random, too... and somehow comes off exactly like the Poochie skit from The Simpsons.

The Two girls on Monster Clubhouse- lacking personality at every turn. It's such a shame Stephanie never had any major characters that got real developement... she is highly talented, but she never had a character of which she found her voice. And when they were close, she left the show, or the characters were phased out. That said, I LOVE the 2 guy monsters, Narf and Mel... Too bad they were used exclusively in a bad segment.
After watching Rodeo Rosie, I have to agree with ya. She seemed like an all-too random way to give Jerry Nelson a new character. And her bragging drawl became SO annoying.

EmMonster

Reaction score
I really couldn't think of any I didn't like at first, but after reading your posts, I found a few.
1. Fuzzyface. I LOVE Grover, he's my favorite, but fuzzyface was very... not lovable. I would like to see more skits of him though, I've only seen one or two. Are there any on youtube?
2. Rodeo Rosie (I forget her name... I'm pretty sure that's it. The one mentioned here by other people.) She just needs to not be so... over-the-top (ESPECIALLY in her intro skit)
3. Telly. Well, I like Telly, but I think I would've like a more teenage version more. I think they should get more muppet characters who aren't really pre-school age.
4. Elmo. Well, I don't hate him, I actually do really like him, but I agree with the others: He's taken over Sesame Street, and he's too... commercial? I'm not sure how to phrase it, but he doesn't live up to the potential he has I suppose. I think they just have to put him back with the other monsters, and not give him so much caffine (Ah how do you spell that?)
I do however think Kevin Clash is a genius and handles him really well live.

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Deena was a monster I didn't care for. She was always insisting that another monster, Pearl, play with her, usually when Pearl was trying to tidy up or make a bed. Granted, Ernie did the same sort of thing to Bert, but at least Bert and Ernie were funny about it. And Deena didn't even have good grammar. Instead of saying, "I want to play," she would yell, "Deena wants to play!" There was nothing about Pearl or Deena that I found likable. To me, they seemed like just Bert-and-Ernie wannabes. I'm not surprised that there were only a few sketches with them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think Abby's a great character, but she isn't being used to her true potential. I really think there's something in there where she has to come to terms with having magical powers, and one of her friends hates her because she has something her friend doesn't (be it Zoe or Rosita). Which would be a great lesson in not hating someone because they have something you do not. A VERY important message nowadays.

Oh, for least likeable... that unnamed balding lecturer in This sketch. I still don't get it. Was he supposed to be a substitute for Kermit the Frog? I though that was Herbert Birdsfoot's job.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
If the lecturer is a blue headed, white-bearded guy, that's probably Professor Hastings- and he was infamous for incredibly, long and boring speeches- so much so that he put himself to sleep. That was the joke initially, but then the writers realized that the character himself was pretty boring, so he was cut.
But yeah- he was similar to Kermit and Herbert Birdsfoot in the lecturing capacities- except that they were a good bit livelier with their talks.:smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
This guy is a Large Lavender Live Hand AM instead of the Fat Blue one like Hastings.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is Prof. Hastings

He had schtick. In other words, he actually did womething during his sketches. The lavender lecturer in that sketch I posted had nothing interesting or memorable, and didn't even react to Cookie either time (the other available skit's in Hebrew, and I don't know where to find it).

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Ah, okay- I didn't have access to the Youtube link at the time. But from the description, it just sounded like Professor Hastings off the bat to me.