eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I honestly didn't know SW collectors were that crazy for anything SW that they'd spend hundreds of dollars on something that's only half SW. If you really believe they'd buy Muppets just because they're dressed like SW characters, then that's not a big deal. Maybe it WOULD help keep the line running.

To let you know....that is so untrue. I am a Star Wars collecter and I don't buy just anything Star Wars. My collection consist of mainly MR and eFX props and some unique Star Wars collectibles. If you have ever gone over to the Rebelscum forum and notice that everyone has a taste of they collect. Some collect habro, some collect Sideshow, some collect Gentle Giant or all of the above. I just want the props casue they remind me of when I was a kid how I wanted a Lightsaber just like the movies and such. It goes the same for The muppets as well. I only like the posers but not the toys.

Bear Man

Reaction score
I think it's also useful to remember that - at best - eFX have only committed to any form of R&D on two characters that could be used for Star Wars - Kermit and Piggy. Piggy is historically the worst-selling character, Kermit as Luke would be largely unrecognisable out of context (the costume isn't exactly iconic) and a Darth Vader Gonzo would require extensive development of a complex mask and costume that could not be used as part of a "regular" issue, and so would not do anything to lighten costs for a "regular" line. So that would leave us with a poor-selling character and a third version of Kermit. That's not going to excite Muppet fans, and it's not going to excite Star Wars fans. Spending $400-$500 on a tangentially related piece of non-cannon Star Wars merchandise that really only has "kitsch" appeal, when they can buy similarly priced, screen-accurate, statues/replicas/etc just won't happen - especially with the economy still struggling.

Luke

Reaction score
To let you know....that is so untrue. I am a Star Wars collecter and I don't buy just anything Star Wars. My collection consist of mainly MR and eFX props and some unique Star Wars collectibles. If you have ever gone over to the Rebelscum forum and notice that everyone has a taste of they collect. Some collect habro, some collect Sideshow, some collect Gentle Giant or all of the above. I just want the props casue they remind me of when I was a kid how I wanted a Lightsaber just like the movies and such. It goes the same for The muppets as well. I only like the posers but not the toys.
Has this news been announced on Rebelscum? Whats the reaction?

I think this sounds like bad news for Rizzo. If this is their plan, not that we have actually heard it from them, i can see Kermit being moved up. The Reporter Kermit did look great though.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything on there. Should I mention it even though it hasn't been officially announced?
Probably be best not to.Bryan wasnt sure if they would go with these yet.It is still developemental.Bryan hasnt been responding to my emails and voice mail messages.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Has this news been announced on Rebelscum? Whats the reaction?

I think this sounds like bad news for Rizzo. If this is their plan, not that we have actually heard it from them, i can see Kermit being moved up. The Reporter Kermit did look great though.

I kinda look at it this way. It is like old and water don't mix. It was cute and nice when that program came out years ago. But everyone wants to just leave it at that. The majority of Star Wars fans/ collecters would not go for it. They only want the props/toys/colectibles from the movies. I could only imagine the reaction over there about Star Wars Muppet being made. Kermit might go well with some. But like Muppet fans including myself, I want to see Muppets being Muppets and Star Wars being Star Wars. If I really wanted a Jedi Kermit, I would have made him a costume long time ago. But I like my Muppets being what they are when I was a kid. As far as Rizzo..I really hope he is coming out. I saved everything I got to get him.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they could make a furry green Yoda-Rizzo. :shifty:

Still, I think you're right. If they're going to do movie versions of things there are cooler ways to go. Indy Kermit would top the list, but the Palisades Adventure Kermit wasn't amazingly popular as anticipated. A quality, classic, straight-forward poser is the best product IMHO. If this were my call (and I'm glad it isn't) from a financial standpoint I'd probably do something like this:

1. Reporter Kermit (It's popular and the regular MR Kermit is still in higher demand. Maybe have custumers be able to choose between the blue bowtie and regular red tie.)
2. Rizzo (since they already have the prototype, but I would create an alternate outfit for him like a leather jacket and tee shirt or something.)
3. Miss Piggy (This product is designed to be pig-friendly. I'd allow customers to choose her hairstyle and outfit from a short list like the Whatnots. That makes uber-completists multiple dip and frugal fans would be more willing to part with their money if they got a say in her look. First Mate, Classic Purple and maybe eveb Biker Piggy from TMS.)
4,5. Pepe (He'd work next in the staggering of large-to-small characters and this popular Muppet would make one beautiful poser. A choice of hoodie colors etc would be cool.)
5,4. Fozzie (He's cool, but he's likely to be a hard sell due to his size and expense. I'd prefer him to have been next after Gonzo, but I understand why he wasn't.)
6. Beaker (I doubt Bunsen's popularity will ever get him made, but Beaker will sell.)
7. Dr. Teeth (Would look just darn cool.)
8&9. Statler & Waldorf (This would be pricy, but there's definitely a market for it.
10. Rowlf (Same problems as Fozzie, but too cool to pass up.)
Last One. Scooter (Okay, this is a fan boy decision, but considering he has the Muppet Show logo on his back it's a great way to bookend the series of posers.

I also think the Swedish Chef, Janice and Sam the Eagle could potentially have a market.

Telly

Reaction score
Miss Piggy (This product is designed to be pig-friendly. I'd allow customers to choose her hairstyle and outfit from a short list like the Whatnots. That makes uber-completists multiple dip and frugal fans would be more willing to part with their money if they got a say in her look. First Mate, Classic Purple and maybe eveb Biker Piggy from TMS.)
4,5. Pepe (He'd work next in the staggering of large-to-small characters and this popular Muppet would make one beautiful poser. A choice of hoodie colors etc would be cool.)
5,4. Fozzie (He's cool, but he's likely to be a hard sell due to his size and expense. I'd prefer him to have been next after Gonzo, but I understand why he wasn't.)
10. Rowlf (Same problems as Fozzie, but too cool to pass up.)
Last One. Scooter (Okay, this is a fan boy decision, but considering he has the Muppet Show logo on his back it's a great way to bookend the series of posers.
I LOVE the idea of choosing Piggy's wigs and Pepe's hoodies! I'd definately rather have Pepe in the hoodie rather than the black turtleneck with the gold chain