eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

muppetperson

Reaction score
What do you mean the beginning again?
Well, when the line started, Bryan wasnt sure on release dates and was looking for suitable fur.Since then, release dates have been announced and the fur issue seemed to be solved.Now we are back to the begining again-no release date and looking for fur! And if Bryan isnt sure on the release, I thought that was what the newsletter was suppose to be telling us.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Well, when the line started, Bryan wasnt sure on release dates and was looking for suitable fur.Since then, release dates have been announced and the fur issue seemed to be solved.Now we are back to the begining again-no release date and looking for fur! And if Bryan isnt sure on the release, I thought that was what the newsletter was suppose to be telling us.
I am not buying this "fur" excuse, if this is true then why not move onto Kermit or Fozzie? They cannot claim that Kermits material is hard to get now, can they?

Luke

Reaction score
I am not buying this "fur" excuse, if this is true then why not move onto Kermit or Fozzie? They cannot claim that Kermits material is hard to get now, can they?
Master Replicas seemed to be able to sort materials, wierd.

I think the major hole in all this is that this company are a year into their license now, and nothing to show for it. Financially if the license is only 2 or possibly 3 years how are they going to produce enough Muppets in that time to justify the cost to Disney.

Any hope of going further than Rizzo or Kermit is probably impossible during the license they currently have, and does anyone really think they'd pay for another to make Piggy, Fozzie etc if the first hasn't done well. The costs are just too high for a Muppet product, what store is going to take a risk on them and as far as direct eFX sales, its not likely there are a thousand Muppet fans willing to spend that much money for a Rizzo here and i'm not sure where else they'll find them. :confused:

dmoss

Reaction score
Maybe you've hit on something, Luke...perhaps they're stalling to maybe get an extended license to make Fozzie and Piggy in the future, since they know those two characters are in high-demand. That would sure make sense...

Nick22

Reaction score
Maybe you've hit on something, Luke...perhaps they're stalling to maybe get an extended license to make Fozzie and Piggy in the future, since they know those two characters are in high-demand. That would sure make sense...
well why would they bothering doing it now? wouldn't they just try to push out rizzo and kermit so they have time to do piggy and fozzie before the license expires?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I feel like these "updates and newsletters" are just trying to buy time to let the license expire...mostly in regards to what Luke said..they realized their price was to high and wouldn't make a profit

dmoss

Reaction score
well why would they bothering doing it now? wouldn't they just try to push out rizzo and kermit so they have time to do piggy and fozzie before the license expires?
That's the thing, though...if they allow the license to expire, if they were to get an extension for another couple of years, they could ensure business for that much longer. If they could release Rizzo at the tail-end of owning the license, surely it would make sense for Disney to want to try for a Reporter Kermit, and would make it worthwhile for them to grant the license again.

I don't claim to know anything about it, but this would be a good guess, as conspiracy-ish at it may sound... :insatiable:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
My guess is, and I truly don't claim to be in the know, but I heard that Disney were holding off on new Muppet merchandise for the time being in order to do a huge push to coincide with the new movie (it may have been on the MuppetCast, I think...). EFX may have fallen victim to this hiatus and may therefore be unable to confirm /deny our speculations/anxiety until given the OK from the big-Diz. Thats just one thought, although my biggest fear is that this silence is suspiciously reminiscent of the latter days at MR and we know how that went!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My confidence in them has been spotty from the beginning, but will give the folk at EFX the benefit of the doubt that this delay really is due to a materials issue. The difference between a high-end plush and a legitimate replica is in the materials used just as much as the patterns and construction. :shifty:

Hope to hear something soon. :sympathy: