eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

Luke

Reaction score
Maybe you've hit on something, Luke...perhaps they're stalling to maybe get an extended license to make Fozzie and Piggy in the future, since they know those two characters are in high-demand. That would sure make sense...
They already own the license, theres nothing to stop them doing Rizzo and Kermit right now. Though i doubt they would have enough to time to ever get Piggy and Fozzie out by the end of this license period. I can't see them going for a second license if the first hasn't been financially worthwhile. What Reevz said is interesting tho - if they didn't want the product out maybe the Disney approval people are stalling over the materials, but thats entirely speculation.

My own thoughts about this are that they have gone to retailers and distributors with the prototypes, and found they are simply not interested in these products at that price in these economic times, and they know the direct web orders arent likely to be enough to get it into production. So they tell people to wait while they try to persuade people. Again, pure speculation tho.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They already own the license, theres nothing to stop them doing Rizzo and Kermit right now. Though i doubt they would have enough to time to ever get Piggy and Fozzie out by the end of this license period. I can't see them going for a second license if the first hasn't been financially worthwhile. What Reevz said is interesting tho - if they didn't want the product out maybe the Disney approval people are stalling over the materials, but thats entirely speculation.

My own thoughts about this are that they have gone to retailers and distributors with the prototypes, and found they are simply not interested in these products at that price in these economic times, and they know the direct web orders aren't likely to be enough to get it into production. So they tell people to wait while they try to persuade people. Again, pure speculation tho.
I'm certain that Rizzo could sell a couple hundred units at a high (but not astronomical) price, but I don't think that would be enough justification for the bean-counters to endorse production. Maybe Disney really is stalling. The next Muppet film could be out as early as 12 months from now so I don't see why anyone would want to hold off for too long. The one thing I know for certain is that the people at EFX *want* to release Rizzo and his buddies. I wonder if the Halloween special will give the Muppets a bump.

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Perhaps they are stalling with "fur issues", not just for Rizzo. But perhaps they're working on a full line-up: Rizzo, Kermit, Piggy, Pepe/Fozzie. Getting all their materials lined up for all these characters to try and push them out in a relatively short time span.

Ideally, this isn't for me. As I would like to save up a bit of cash between replicas. But it would be nice to see the line-up come to fruition.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Upon inspecting the rest of the site it seems that the Muppets aren't the only license that has slowed development. The only products they have in their store are:

Star Wars- AHSOKA TANO LIGHTSABER $349
Star Trek- MARK IX SCIENCE TRICORDER HOLSTER $20
Disney- CAPTAIN NEMO'S NAUTILUS $1799

Battlestar Galactica and the Muppets haven't offered an item to my knowledge. The Star Wars' Clone Trooper Helmet and Disney's Snow White Heart Box are also in holding patterns among other items in development. For some reason I just don't think this is a Disney issue. Maybe it's a whole bunch of things. Who knows?

EFX and MR's products have always been amazing. It just seems that bringing these beauties to market under any shingle is incredibly difficult.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Upon inspecting the rest of the site it seems that the Muppets aren't the only license that has slowed development. The only products they have in their store are:

Star Wars- AHSOKA TANO LIGHTSABER $349
Star Trek- MARK IX SCIENCE TRICORDER HOLSTER $20
Disney- CAPTAIN NEMO'S NAUTILUS $1799

Yeah but about a month or so ago they just sold out of the Mc Vader hemlet limited to only 250 of these and they sold out fast. So they do still have things going into production and things that are going to ship out sometime soon. It is just a matter of time. I am really in no hurry for them to work on the Muppet line. Whenever they come out is fine with me. Since I have been collecting for so long. Patience is the one thing I have learned. I have seen things come and go. Things never got made, things come out for a long long tine, you name it. I am accepting of whatever comes our way. :wink:

dmoss

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I don't think that was ever confirmed... :shifty: