eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

muppetperson

Reaction score
I don't know where they would make this grand announcement. It's anti-climactic to just put up a sign in their booth (that they're sharing with two other companies) and even if eFX is doing a panel (which I'll be surprised to find out they are), their big draw is still "Star Wars." It doesn't make any sense to make a big Muppet announcement at a Star Wars panel.

In any case, all this is speculation and as you said, we'll find out soon enough.

:stick_out_tongue:
well, eFX also plan to re display the Nautilus model again, so it wont be all "Star wars", and I am going on a bit more than speculation.:wink: Although, that doesnt mean it will definately happen.Just that there are factors pushing for an announcement and it is in eFX's court to act upon.Given the last couple of posts re Play, it appears things are starting to move, although a release next week would be impossible.I am still inclined to put hope into a Comic Con announcement(Or shut up after that!)

Luke

Reaction score
The thing with play.com - i buy from them a lot and i get lots of those emails, moving release dates week by week. It's a template email, always the same, so while encouraging, i wouldn't anticipate much change. I would be excited to hear from eFX though, so will keep an eye on Comic Con.

The thing i would query though is if they are being pressured by Diz to put something into production from the license or at least announce a date, and if at Comic Con they do, are they actually going to stick to it or is it just to keep the higher up's happy. Hopefully its gonna happen this time!

muppetperson

Reaction score
The thing with play.com - i buy from them a lot and i get lots of those emails, moving release dates week by week. It's a template email, always the same, so while encouraging, i wouldn't anticipate much change. I would be excited to hear from eFX though, so will keep an eye on Comic Con.

The thing i would query though is if they are being pressured by Diz to put something into production from the license or at least announce a date, and if at Comic Con they do, are they actually going to stick to it or is it just to keep the higher up's happy. Hopefully its gonna happen this time!
The requirement is firm dates, so if they do announce a date, and it passes again, the higher up's will not be happy.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I still think that EFX or someone should create something akin to a replica mini Muppet Theater and/or mini Muppet Scene Backgrounds along with individual batches of mini 2.5" scale characters to go in it. Materials should be easy, reference would be no-brainer and there definitely is an audience for it. Much better investment and it could help launch and float the posers.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I still think that EFX or someone should create something akin to a replica mini Muppet Theater and/or mini Muppet Scene Backgrounds along with individual batches of mini 2.5" scale characters to go in it. Materials should be easy, reference would be no-brainer and there definitely is an audience for it. Much better investment and it could help launch and float the posers.
I totally agree with you Jamie.

That said, EFX delivering on their promise would make a refreshing change too:stick_out_tongue:

Bear Man

Reaction score
While this is a very negative point of view, I don't know that efx will be all that concerned if the Disney/Muppet executives are unimpressed with them. The poser license was always going to be a bit of a gamble, and they may well have decided it's more trouble than it is worth. Of course, I still maintain that they would have had a lot more positive response if they'd gone with a tier 1 character (ie Fozzie) than with Rizzo. I'll be surprised if they release Rizzo at all. I'll be stunned if they release any character beyond him (especially since they seem to have a reporter Kermit prototyped and the issues around sourcing materials that they're claiming have stalled Rizzo should not be an issue with him) and I will eat Fozzie's hat if they ever release him.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
While this is a very negative point of view, I don't know that efx will be all that concerned if the Disney/Muppet executives are unimpressed with them. The poser license was always going to be a bit of a gamble, and they may well have decided it's more trouble than it is worth. Of course, I still maintain that they would have had a lot more positive response if they'd gone with a tier 1 character (ie Fozzie) than with Rizzo. I'll be surprised if they release Rizzo at all. I'll be stunned if they release any character beyond him (especially since they seem to have a reporter Kermit prototyped and the issues around sourcing materials that they're claiming have stalled Rizzo should not be an issue with him) and I will eat Fozzie's hat if they ever release him.
I'm having trouble thinking that Rizzo's stalled release is merely a materials issue. Even a limited edition product needs a wide selection of retailers interested to carry it and the made-to-order business model still requires a substantial number of committed units. I'm not sure Rizzo inspires that even though this poser appears to be the highest quality thus far. A life sized rodent, even a cute one like Rizzo, can be off-putting in its physicality.

At this point knowing what we know, I think the first best character choice from EFX would be Beaker. Just Beaker. He could come with a poll the buyer could send off to see what other characters they'd want (including Bunsen, of course). There's no better market research than that!

Beaker would be a huge hit at the conventions. Huuuuge! Materials aren't an issue and he's a likable guy that covers the market between fans and non-fans. I'd prefer the bear, but Beaker is much easier to produce and ship. Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but if the EFX folk want to shelve Rizzo for a while then Beaker is the way to go. He'd make a splash...or at least a really loud meep! :eek:

Personally, I want all of the characters they can make, but I'm not rolling in money. I get to see first hand how people react to the posers in the shop and they love them, but they are a hard sell. When I mention Rizzo to customers, no one has been excited no matter how cool I've talked him up. We get all sorts of collectors so that's not a good sign.

I still have hopes for this.

muppetperson

Reaction score
To give hope, a third retailer is now offering Rizzo for pre order, this time in Japan.Unfortuately, they dont offer international shipping, but still good to see interest is picking up in other parts of the World, particularly in japan, where Muppet interest isnt high, so it is a bonus that a retailer has picked him up there.
www.blister.jp/item13702.html
Translation anyone?
Is that 57,000 yen? What is that in US$ and when is there release date?
I think that might be around US$790?

Andibcool

Reaction score
57000 yen = 509 Euro or 643 $

Translation from that site:
Muppet Show - Photo Puppet: Rizzo the Rat
販売価格 : 57,000円(税込) 標準価格:57,000円​
Price: 57,000 yen (tax included) List price: 57,000 yen
送料 : 400円​
Shipping: 400 yen

マペットショーのフォトパペット復活。
The Muppet Show Fotopapetto revival.

大ヒット番組「マペットショウ」からリゾ・ザ・ラットのパペットが登場。​
Hit show "Mapettoshou" Rizzo the Rat from the puppet appeared.
写真撮影に用いられたオリジナルを元に作られたレプリカ品です。​
Replica is made from original parts were used for photography.
以前マスターレプリカ社から発売されていた話題のラインが、eFX社で復活。​
The subject line was released from its previous Master, eFX's resurrection.

存在感や仕様はホンモノそっくりに、自由なポージングが可能です。​
Just like the real presence and specifications are available free of poses.
キャラクター​
Character Muppet Show
商品種別​
Product Type Replica
メーカー​
Manufacturer
eFX
eFX
商品番号​
Item Number
b0013702​
b0013702
国​
Country
アメリカ​
America
サイズ​
Size
高さ約45センチ​
About 45 cm high
限定数​
Limited number of
世界限定 500個​
Limited to 500 worldwide

muppetperson

Reaction score
57000 yen = 509 Euro or 643 $

Translation from that site:
Muppet Show - Photo Puppet: Rizzo the Rat
販売価格 : 57,000円(税込) 標準価格:57,000円​
Price: 57,000 yen (tax included) List price: 57,000 yen
送料 : 400円​
Shipping: 400 yen

マペットショーのフォトパペット復活。
The Muppet Show Fotopapetto revival.

大ヒット番組「マペットショウ」からリゾ・ザ・ラットのパペットが登場。​
Hit show "Mapettoshou" Rizzo the Rat from the puppet appeared.
写真撮影に用いられたオリジナルを元に作られたレプリカ品です。​
Replica is made from original parts were used for photography.
以前マスターレプリカ社から発売されていた話題のラインが、eFX社で復活。​
The subject line was released from its previous Master, eFX's resurrection.

存在感や仕様はホンモノそっくりに、自由なポージングが可能です。​
Just like the real presence and specifications are available free of poses.
キャラクター​
Character Muppet Show
商品種別​
Product Type Replica
メーカー​
Manufacturer
eFX
eFX
商品番号​
Item Number
b0013702​
b0013702
国​
Country
アメリカ​
America
サイズ​
Size
高さ約45センチ​
About 45 cm high
限定数​
Limited number of
世界限定 500個​
Limited to 500 worldwide
Thanks.:smile: What was that sold out link you had?